• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    I think way too many people are giving the OP too much flak for this post. He explained the situation, and despite it being a little long winded, and not spaced out well, I thought it was easy enough to decipher. So I don't think the Mensa and Rhodes Scholar comments were necessary. Just people bullying a new guy. They don't really help this situation at all.

To me, there isn't a problem with discussing this. In his post, he stated the manager called him a liar and essentially refused him access to discuss this further with the owner of the store. Makes it a little hard to talk to the owner, when the manager is throwing up road blocks. So what does one do, call the shop repeatedly? Do you stalk the owner and hope the manager isn't around, so you can get a chance to discuss this further? This was an option for the OP to bring this up, which I don't feel he was bashing the store, only the actions of the manager and this particular deal.

To the OP, I hope this works out for you. I didn't enjoy either of my two visits to ITP, but that's because I thought their range left a lot to be desired, especially after hearing recommendations on this site.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I think way too many people are giving the OP too much flak for this post. He explained the situation, and despite it being a little long winded, and not spaced out well, I thought it was easy enough to decipher. So I don't think the Mensa and Rhodes Scholar comments were necessary. Just people bullying a new guy. They don't really help this situation at all.

To me, there isn't a problem with discussing this. In his post, he stated the manager called him a liar and essentially refused him access to discuss this further with the owner of the store. Makes it a little hard to talk to the owner, when the manager is throwing up road blocks. So what does one do, call the shop repeatedly? Do you stalk the owner and hope the manager isn't around, so you can get a chance to discuss this further? This was an option for the OP to bring this up, which I don't feel he was bashing the store, only the actions of the manager and this particular deal.

To the OP, I hope this works out for you. I didn't enjoy either of my two visits to ITP, but that's because I thought their range left a lot to be desired, especially after hearing recommendations on this site.

Very good post, I agree completely. Glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way. I was irritated by the way the new kid was being treated too. Once the bullies came out I really didn't care what the OP had said about anything. I just wanted to bring the bully's bad behavior to their attention so they would be more inclined to act in a more civilized manner.

In the short tine I have been here, I have seen a few new members chased away by this kind of behavior. I was almost one of them. Good thing I'm feisty enough that it didn't work and I'm still here. Just think how boring certain discussions would be without me. :D

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    What's more telling is the defensive nature of the store clerk, to me anyways.

It doesn't even matter if the OP was right or wrong at a certain point.

If handled with integrity, a business won't appear negatively.

I've been in shops enough to know that yes, some customers are a PITA. And just as true, some employees could brush up on their ego control.

I agree, maybe the OP is FOS. But I'll avoid "Indy Trading Post" after seeing their employee "Matt" respond to the OP in such a negative emotional way.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Originally Posted by gungirl65
    Wow you guys are mean. Remember, Fenway asked us to play nice with the new kids. He's new give him a break and a little empathy. He got screwed on a gun deal. Who among us wouldn't be po'ed if this happened to us?

Personally the employee at ITP sounds like a know it all a*s if this went down like the OP is claiming. I'd be spitting mad too if I was told to drive to a store, in a crappy part of town, to pick up a gun and it then to be treated poorly by an arrogant employee and not even get the gun I was promised. I see plenty of fault to go around. Not just the OP's.

If this did indeed happen as the OP claims, I think ITP should sweeten the deal for being screw ups and having such poor customer service. A deal is a deal even if it doesn't seem like much of a deal once gas is figured into the equation.

As far as airing this on a public forum, why not? Because he's new, he's not allowed to complain about poor service? If this happened as he claimed, this is the perfect place to air it. Others should be aware that deals they make with the owner may not be honored by the employees. This is a serious breech of quality service the owner needs to address.

If a business doesn't want bad publicity they shouldn't do bad things. The owner should have communicated with his employees that the OP was coming in for a particular deal. He didn't, the OP was treated poorly giving him the right to complain. So let him.

Take a deep breath BD. No one's burning the house down.

If you read the disclaimers in my post I said if this happened like the OP claimed then I commented......... I said if three times so I passed no actual judgement of believing the OP or believing the guilt of ITP. I didn't realize I needed to put my comments in flow chart form and also say if this did not happen like the OP claimed then this is what I think.......

As far as saying the crappy part of town I admit that wasn't nice. I should have said scary to a girl part of town instead. I've only been there once and I came there after being at Bradis guns. I was traveling alone and the area made me a little uneasy compared to the Bradis location. My apologies for being insensitive. I did not go any deeper in the area so it could be perfectly safe and wonderful for all I know.

I am just an impartial observer. I have no loyalties to ITP or to the OP. I just gave an opinion based on ifs. So you can put the rocks back in your pockets, you don't need to continue casting them at me.

Sorry GG, the rocks will stay put! It just seemed to me that you were taking his word as the truth, especially when you said "he got screwed on a gun deal"!
    I'm just now learning the details on this, and from what I've been told by very reliable sources, it did NOT go down like he is claiming! There are really only three or four people that know the whole truth, and I tend to believe more from a reputable business owner than a newb who's first post is bashing a well known and trusted shop!
    Thanks for clarifying! And hope the bruises heal fast!:D ( I left the sharp rocks in my pocket!)

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I find it funny that some people jump to the defense of the OP and others the the shop.

I tend to jump to the defense of the OP. The employee certainly isn't very good with his customer service skills. Although i'm sure he sees some very interesting characters all day long. And i'm sure the OP wasn't being the best customer, but he is the customer. Customers pay your paycheck, so act like it. Thats what i would say..

At the end of the day, this doesn't effect my views on either shop, and my life goes on.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Sorry GG, the rocks will stay put! It just seemed to me that you were taking his word as the truth, especially when you said "he got screwed on a gun deal"!
    I'm just now learning the details on this, and from what I've been told by very reliable sources, it did NOT go down like he is claiming! There are really only three or four people that know the whole truth, and I tend to believe more from a reputable business owner than a newb who's first post is bashing a well known and trusted shop!
    Thanks for clarifying! And hope the bruises heal fast!:D ( I left the sharp rocks in my pocket!)

Ok DB, you're right, I should have had more IF's in my comment. I hope this satisfies your requirement. I'll try to do better next time. :D

ifthen.jpg

Since you are not wanting to listen to reason, I brought in reinforcements.

01-monkey-poo-for-you.jpg

And to show I am a nice person, I picked you up a cold drink. :laugh:

hateradewhyyougottabehatin.png

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I find it funny that some people jump to the defense of the OP and others the the shop.

I tend to jump to the defense of the OP. The employee certainly isn't very good with his customer service skills. Although i'm sure he sees some very interesting characters all day long. And i'm sure the OP wasn't being the best customer, but he is the customer. Customers pay your paycheck, so act like it. Thats what i would say..

At the end of the day, this doesn't effect my views on either shop, and my life goes on.

You would be amazed at the things you hear and see daily in a gun shop!
    You are correct, an employee should keep his cool dealing with every customer! But until you are in their shoes and get some of the ridiculous crap that they have to deal with, you have no idea how hard that is to do!

Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    All I have to say, is I'm not full of ****. I know what happens I was there. There truly r only 2 people that knows what really went down, me and the owner, no one else was around except for my buddy was standing next to me, but he don't count. Y would I wanna try n hurt the rep of the shop when I go there all the time to shoot at the range. The manager was the one in the wrong to me, and that's y this post got started.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    You would be amazed at the things you hear and see daily in a gun shop!
    You are correct, an employee should keep his cool dealing with every customer! But until you are in their shoes and get some of the ridiculous crap that they have to deal with, you have no idea how hard that is to do!

Yes, it is hard to do. But, nonetheless, "cool dealing" and exceptional customer service is the standard. Nothing less is acceptable. Been there, done that, got all the t-shirts.

Everybody laughs at "The customer is always right...even when they're wrong...." Fact of the matter is: That's when exceptional customer service skills really start to kick in. Hard? You bet. :twocents:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    All I have to say, is I'm not full of ****. I know what happens I was there. There truly r only 2 people that knows what really went down, me and the owner, no one else was around except for my buddy was standing next to me, but he don't count. Y would I wanna try n hurt the rep of the shop when I go there all the time to shoot at the range. The manager was the one in the wrong to me, and that's y this post got started.

I would advice you to just close the thread. Click thread tools and you can see the option. Unless you want to wait until the issue is resolved and post the results.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    This thread wasn't to down ITP, it was the whole thing about the manager, and him being disrespectful and not doing the right thing. I will still go there, just wish things would have went the right way the first time. Hope things will work out when I get ahold of Brian.

That's hard to swallow with the name of this thread being "PROBLEM AT INDY TRADING POST"

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yes, it is hard to do. But, nonetheless, "cool dealing" and exceptional customer service is the standard. Nothing less is acceptable. Been there, done that, got all the t-shirts.

Everybody laughs at "The customer is always right...even when they're wrong...." Fact of the matter is: That's when exceptional customer service skills really start to kick in. Hard? You bet. :twocents:

Sorry skywired, I have to disagree. The customer is NOT always right.... Nor will they ever be.

When they are endangering other customers or themselves, exceptional customer service (ECS) stops. I don't care who they are or what they want.

Some customers are not worth the trouble and never will be. The best employee knows when to make that call.

Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Like I said before, I was cool, keep my cool until the manager started being rude and a smart ass. I'm not going to let someone be disrespectful to me and call me a liar. Not gonna happen. All I want out of this is for things to be right. Don't want no one to get in trouble or fired. Don't need anything extra. Just want the deal I was told. To me, a mans word is his bond. I keep my word, and I expect other people to do the same. I know its a long shot for most. But not for me.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Like I said before, I was cool, keep my cool until the manager started being rude and a smart ass. I'm not going to let someone be disrespectful to me and call me a liar. Not gonna happen. All I want out of this is for things to be right. Don't want no one to get in trouble or fired. Don't need anything extra. Just want the deal I was told. To me, a mans word is his bond. I keep my word, and I expect other people to do the same. I know its a long shot for most. But not for me.

Why don't you take a trip over to the store and wait to talk to the owner? :dunno:

Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I am planing on hearing something today about all of this. From someone. Will keep y'all updated. But I swear everything I have said is true.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Sorry skywired, I have to disagree. The customer is NOT always right.... Nor will they ever be.

When they are endangering other customers or themselves, exceptional customer service (ECS) stops. I don't care who they are or what they want.

Some customers are not worth the trouble and never will be. The best employee knows when to make that call.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All customers/business is NOT good business. For a business to stay open they must operate at a profit, AND have employees who feel they have management support.
    Sometimes you fire employees, and sometimes you MUST fire customers. If you are selling a new BMW, and making $3000-$4000 profit you give the customers a bit of slack. On a $600 gun with a profit margin on $30-$40 they don't deserve much room.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Sorry Skywired, I have to disagree. The customer is NOT always right.... Nor will they ever be.

So, based upon the behavior of the employee as exhibited in this thread....are you saying that HE is "The Best Employee and knew when to make that call..."??? :dunno:

Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Truly it doesn't matter anymore. Cause.I just sold my gun out right. For more then I was offers. So I will take my cash and go.to Bob's and buy me my PPQ. Done & Done.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom