• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggie82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    You told me the first time he was out back fixing a water heater or something like that, then u told me he was leaving, now ur telling me he was in a meeting. Witch is it. And your right I didn't put this is the original post, but part of the deal was if he couldn't order me the 9mm, I could go with the .40 if I wanted.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Now that I think about it, maybe I should of waited until I talk to Brian. And just to state a fact, I was not rude to anyone, and I did not have an attitude on here or in the store while talking to the manager. Until the manager started pulling bull**** excuses and would not go and get the owner, then I started to get a little pissed and frustrated. All n all, hope everything gets worked out. And Bob's is a great place to go. And so is ITP, maybe it was just me, I Dono.

MAYBE it was you? Which is it? The manager was an ass, or maybe it was you?
    The manager was talking bulls**t, or maybe it was you?
    Tell us how it really happened, then we can go from there!
    How many times did you go between PSS and ITP to whittle down the price?
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, if you can get a better price going back and forth, great! Just tell us how it all went down.

Brian should have came out and told him no deal if he was there. That way there wouldn't have been any room for all this crap. Might be something to consider if this happens again with another customer.

If Matt is at the counter, his word is as good as the owners! Why does the owner need to drop what he is doing to come to the front to deal with someone that he has no interest in dealing with?

Here's the bottom line, a customer comes in the store claiming to have made a deal with my boss at the gun show. The deal seemed a little far fetched, so naturally, I had to verify with my boss. Upon learning that my boss made NO SUCH deal, I very politely told that customer that we weren't going to be able to do it, sorry for the confusion. However, OP would not take NO for an answer, DEMANDING that we do the deal. Cool heads can only stay cool for so long but at no point did mine surpass luke warm. Sorry about the misunderstanding OP.

There! Now you have two sides to the story! Still want to talk s**t?
    There's probably at least SOME truth to both sides! How do we decide where to find it?:dunno:

bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    Brian was in a meeting. I wasn't at the gun show. The shop is not the gun show. Just because a gun is 2 dollars at the gun show doesn't mean it's 2 dollars at the shop. I explained to you that we occasionally get "special" prices on certain guns for the gun shows. This is besides the point anyways. This will be my last post on this matter. My girlfriend wants me to come to bed. Now she's pissed at me. Damnit. Goodnight everyone.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would have never left Bob's table without the PPQ in hand. I would not have gone to another dealer and told him what someone else offered, $80 is not a lot of money to get something else that you wanted. I hope it all works out for you, I would head out to PSS and talk to Bob to see if he is still willing to do the deal, and I would do it.
    As far as ITP, I would go in and talk to Brian and apologize for starting this thread and the entire misunderstanding, you never know when he will have something in the future that you may want, and he will not forget this.
    Which means he may not cut you any breaks, I don't know Brian so I will not speak for him.
    Good luck

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Brian was in a meeting. I wasn't at the gun show. The shop is not the gun show. Just because a gun is 2 dollars at the gun show doesn't mean it's 2 dollars at the shop. I explained to you that we occasionally get "special" prices on certain guns for the gun shows. This is besides the point anyways. This will be my last post on this matter. My girlfriend wants me to come to bed. Now she's pissed at me. Damnit. Goodnight everyone.

As long as she still likes me!:rockwoot::bacondance:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Par for the course, here.

Where did you learn your well honed CS skills, Matt?

Even a basic retail employee should never get that defensive. Your tone is such a negative. Even if there ever were to be a legitimate misunderstanding - I sure as hell wouldn't bother dealing with you.

Get a new job or something.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Matt... For one if that is u, on here you are still calling me a liar. And again, I made the deal with Brian, not you, so you wasn't there to know what kinda deal Brian and i made. As I told u the other day, the PPQ was only marked at $530.99, that's less then my gun new. But with the deal "we" made, he was offering me $470 for mine, plus the $60 means ? Do the math. I wouldn't lie about a few dollars, its the fact that if he didn't wanna do the deal he made with me. Then if he would of came out and talked to me and told me that. It would of been fine, done and over. And for the record, I never went back and forth between ITP and Bob's like that, once Brian said $60, I went to the ATM and got the cash out. I'm not that kinda person.

You obviously were a little too excited at the show! Jumping on a gun and not even knowing what caliber it was!:dunno: so maybe you got some of the details mixed up? I'm not saying that is what happened, just asking.
    You can't expect to get anywhere near your "NEW" purchase price on a trade in. I've seen Brian make GREAT deals for a customer, but you have to understand that he is not going to give you more for a used gun (your gun is used once it leaves the store where it was purchased, a dealer trading you for it can NOT sell it as new, therefore can not charge the same as a new gun for it!) than what he can get one for at dealer cost! A dealer has to make something on each deal or he will soon be out of business!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've never had anything but positive experiences in dealing with Matt.

Seriously OP, even if the PPQ was $530 at the show, do you honestly think that ANY gun store is going to give you $470 for a used FNX .40? Only $90 or so off of the new price? Furthermore, as this all sounds pretty far fetched, do you expect us to believe it?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Originally Posted by gungirl65
    Wow you guys are mean. Remember, Fenway asked us to play nice with the new kids. He's new give him a break and a little empathy. He got screwed on a gun deal. Who among us wouldn't be po'ed if this happened to us?

Personally the employee at ITP sounds like a know it all a*s if this went down like the OP is claiming. I'd be spitting mad too if I was told to drive to a store, in a crappy part of town, to pick up a gun and it then to be treated poorly by an arrogant employee and not even get the gun I was promised. I see plenty of fault to go around. Not just the OP's.

If this did indeed happen as the OP claims, I think ITP should sweeten the deal for being screw ups and having such poor customer service. A deal is a deal even if it doesn't seem like much of a deal once gas is figured into the equation.

As far as airing this on a public forum, why not? Because he's new, he's not allowed to complain about poor service? If this happened as he claimed, this is the perfect place to air it. Others should be aware that deals they make with the owner may not be honored by the employees. This is a serious breech of quality service the owner needs to address.

If a business doesn't want bad publicity they shouldn't do bad things. The owner should have communicated with his employees that the OP was coming in for a particular deal. He didn't, the OP was treated poorly giving him the right to complain. So let him.

Wow, assume much?

How can you say "he got screwed on a gun deal"? All you have is the o.p.'s side of the story! I can assure you there is more to it!

The southside is "a crappy part of town"? You know the o.p. said he lives close by.

The o.p. didn't say he went there to "pick up a gun"!He said he went to SEE IF the gun he wanted COULD be ordered! It COULD NOT! The DEAL was over at that time! (if you believe he o.p.)

The o.p. WAS NOT PROMISED ANYTHING! He said he was told to come into the shop to SEE if it could be ordered, and if so the deal could happen!

It's irritating to see people make up things that are not in the original post!

You are right that IF someone gets "screwed" by a store, they absolutely have the right to complain, even on a public forum! But don't you think you should try to work out your difference with the owner before doing so?:dunno:

If what the o.p. said is true, then you are right In saying that the owner should "sweeten the pot". I can assure you that IF anyone representing ITP did anything wrong, BRIAN would definitely take care of the problem AND the customer! I've seen him go to extremes to make customers happy, even when the customer is the one in the wrong!

How about waiting to hear both (or more) sides before passing judgement!:)

Take a deep breath BD. No one's burning the house down.

If you read the disclaimers in my post I said if this happened like the OP claimed then I commented......... I said if three times so I passed no actual judgement of believing the OP or believing the guilt of ITP. I didn't realize I needed to put my comments in flow chart form and also say if this did not happen like the OP claimed then this is what I think.......

As far as saying the crappy part of town I admit that wasn't nice. I should have said scary to a girl part of town instead. I've only been there once and I came there after being at Bradis guns. I was traveling alone and the area made me a little uneasy compared to the Bradis location. My apologies for being insensitive. I did not go any deeper in the area so it could be perfectly safe and wonderful for all I know.

I am just an impartial observer. I have no loyalties to ITP or to the OP. I just gave an opinion based on ifs. So you can put the rocks back in your pockets, you don't need to continue casting them at me.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

At this point I think you would be better off keeping what you have and hoping they will even do business with you later on.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I am sick and tired of people starting threads and complaining about bad business when they don't have the balls to talk to the business first.

According to Biggie and Matt, he tried to talk to the owner who was working on the water heater, on his way out, in a meeting?

As with fish, problems that are allowed to linger become stinky... This could have been nipped in the butt immediately and without doubt. The lack of access to the person whom Biggie believed he had a deal has seemingly contributed to Biggies frustration. A designate of the owner was not going to alleviate this problem, real or imagined.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    According to Biggie and Matt, he tried to talk to the owner who was working on the water heater, on his way out, in a meeting?

As with fish, problems that are allowed to linger become stinky... This could have been nipped in the butt immediately and without doubt. The lack of access to the person whom Biggie believed he had a deal has seemingly contributed to Biggies frustration. A designate of the owner was not going to alleviate this problem, real or imagined.

I agree completely that the owner should have been the one to tell the OP there was no deal being made. Then there wouldn't be all this squabbling about it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What's more telling is the defensive nature of the store clerk, to me anyways.

It doesn't even matter if the OP was right or wrong at a certain point.

If handled with integrity, a business won't appear negatively.

I've been in shops enough to know that yes, some customers are a PITA. And just as true, some employees could brush up on their ego control.

Top Bottom