• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Is this why you signed up for ingo? I would NEVER refuse to do a deal that a customer made with Brian without confirming with BRIAN first. Did you ever wonder who I was talking to when I went to the back of the shop after you presented me with the "deal" you supposedly made with Brian?? Brian NEVER made that deal with you. And from what I understand, you went back and forth between ITP and Plainfield at the gun show 4 different times in a lousy attempt to save 10 bucks. Also, from what I understand, by the time it was all said and done, you had Brian and the guys at Plainfield pretty much fed up with you.

We had 599.99 on our ppq. And you claim that Brian said he'd take your FNX and 60 bucks for a 600 dollar ppq??? That would mean, that he would be giving you $540 for your USED FN!! You do realize that's about what they cost new right? Let alone what dealer cost is on the FNX. I'm not calling you a liar but god d*** are you a bad listener. Get real.
    -matt

By the time the OP paid the ATM fee and gas, you probably couldve saved $20 but just doing the $80 deal. It wouldve been a $20 piece of mind to know you had a deal.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Truly it doesn't matter anymore. Cause.I just sold my gun out right. For more then I was offers. So I will take my cash and go.to Bob's and buy me my PPQ. Done & Done.

If you were truly wronged, then you should still get with the owner and settle this!
    You brought it here for all to read about, so you should at least have a conversation with Brian, and then come back and let us all know how it turns out! :dunno:

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    So, based upon the behavior of the employee as exhibited in this thread....are you saying that HE is "The Best Employee and knew when to make that call..."??? :dunno:

Not what I said....my statement was only disagreeing with yours and anyone else that thinks the customer is ALWAYS right.

People are imperfect.

I did not say that this one is, or is not the good employee, nor would I without having participated in the entire transaction/conversation.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Not sure what the point of this thread was if not to down ITP. Someone had a problem that could have been handled in person, by phone, or by PM. Instead it's posted for all to see and pass judgment.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I was told about this post. Have not been around here for awhile as I am incredibly busy which is a good thing. Now to address this posting. I will tell my side and it can be taken for what it's worth.
    He did approach me at the gun show. He indicated he wanted to trade in his fnx 40 for a walther ppq 9. He had been to bob and he had one. He wanted to know what I would do. He stated he wanted 500 for the fnx and plainfield was willing to do that and 60 or something on his end. I explained that I could not give him 500 for his fnx 40. Dealer cost is 500 on these new. Why would I pay a new price on a used gun. I could not look them up but I knew that was high for a used one. I told him I did not have a ppq anyway and was not sure if there was one back at the shop. If he needed it right away then he needed to go to plainfield's table and if they offered him that then do it. During this conversation I was calling people in who were buying guns as he was trying to talk to me. This is an important step in the purchasing process and it can already be hard to hear let alone when someone is trying to talk to you. I told him I had no way to know what was worth what or exactly what i could do as I did not have a way to look anything up at the show. If he was not in a hurry he was more than welcome to come into the shop next week and we would see what we could come up with. I explained this several times as I am trying to do call ins. I know Bob at Plainfield and I know several guys that work for him. Bob and I as well as his employees are on good terms. I am to understand that after he left me he went back to Bob and whatever the amount was he told Bob I would do twenty dollars less. Bob got a little upset and told him to move on down the road. So this apparently was an attempt to pit one against the other. But he did this not knowing that I know Bob and people that work for him. Not cool. The dealer cost on a PPQ 9 is about 465 dealer cost on a fnx 40 is about 500. Bob has been doing this for over thirty years and I have managed to keep a shop open and thriving for the past 4 years. Do the math and think about. Would Bob or I do this deal. If we did deals like this would we still be in business? I believe in treating people right and giving a fair deal. It's what keeps people coming back. Now fast forward to the other day. He comes in the shop tells the guys to give him a 4473 and here's his trade in. What? I guess he then explained his story, at which time Matt came back and told me as I was in the middle of several very important things. Matt explained this to him. He also indicated the validity of what this guy was saying. I told him that is not what I said. I told him to come in and we would see what we could do. I was already aware at this point the stunt that he had pulled with Bob at the show. I had made the decision at that point that probably best just not to do anything with this guy as he seemed set on playing games. I also had been warned about him by the other guy that works here not to deal with him for several reasons that I won't get into. I guess he stayed up front and was demanding to see me. I was extremely busy and did not know this guy before the gun show. I have guys up front that can handle the front without me. There are a lot of little bits and pieces of the story but I don't have time to write a novel. Points on my side are: I did not say that, I said I can not look stuff up and don't know off the top of my head. If not in a hurry come in the shop next week and we will go from there. He pissed Bob off, which anyone who knows Bob, you have to do quite a bit to get there. Prices are posted so do the math and tell me what shop will do the deal that he says was offered by 2 shops no less. And it is apparent that he joined ingo for one reason to bash me and my shop. Maybe by the end of the thread he will have his 50 posts to go to the classifieds and find someone willing to pay 500 dollars for a used fnx 40. I would also like to address where he made a comment about me being a man and posting a response. I don't need to post a response to be a man. My shop is open from 11-7 Monday thru Friday Saturday from 11-6 and Sunday from 11-5. If you thought you had a problem you should of came in to the shop and if I am not busy or in the middle of something important I will address your concerns. Otherwise, you wait or the guys up front will take care of whatever needs to be taken care of. I hate having to come on here and explain this. I have hundreds of other pressing things to do. We also have thousands of happy customers and I think that says alot and enough there. We are not perfect but we do our best to take care of the customer. Take it for what that's worth and consider the source.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I am at a loss as to way this post was even created. I have my opinions but I will be nice and keep them to myself for now.

bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    For the record, I would never speak out against a customer without sure justification. Furthermore, a customer writing misinformation about myself and my employer, to whom I'm very loyal, is extremely frustrating. I'm yet again reminded of my disgust with the opportunity the Internet provides for those who don't get their way to exact revenge upon the people they feel "wronged" by. A legitimate error, mistake or misunderstanding deserves to be addressed with the utmost integrity. This thread was far from legitimate.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I would also like to address where he made a comment about me being a man and posting a response. I don't need to post a response to be a man. My shop is open from 11-7 Monday thru Friday Saturday from 11-6 and Sunday from 11-5. If you thought you had a problem you should of came in to the shop and if I am not busy or in the middle of something important I will address your concerns.

This is all I need to see. :yesway:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    For the record, I would never speak out against a customer without sure justification. Furthermore, a customer writing misinformation about myself and my employer, to whom I'm very loyal, is extremely frustrating. I'm yet again reminded of my disgust with the opportunity the Internet provides for those who don't get their way to exact revenge upon the people they feel "wronged" by. A legitimate error, mistake or misunderstanding deserves to be addressed with the utmost integrity. This thread was far from legitimate.

Don't worry about it. The people who have met you and witnessed you do business know the truth.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I ran into Brian at the 1500 and he told me he would give me $800 for my used jennings or for the jennings and an additional $2.50 he would give me a new Ed Brown 1911

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    This thread reminds me too much of middle school.

^^^

I don't know what happened between these people. They have the right to say what they want to say. We have the right to believe what we want to believe.

I do know this, I have been a customer of Indy Trading Post. I was treated well. I will continue to be a customer of Indy Trading Post.

That is all.

Top Bottom