Indy Kroger Employee Shoots Would-be Robber in the Face!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I just saw where 371 people that took the poll said the Hero should lose his job. I wonder how many of these people would put a sign in their yard decrying the use of firearms and stating that they don't own any?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Just left a nice letter myself, good shoot and I hope the best for this guy! I hate to say it but we have to remember that Marsh/VP is even worse...

We live in a 2A state, when will the people that want our money realize this?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I just saw where 371 people that took the poll said the Hero should lose his job. I wonder how many of these people would put a sign in their yard decrying the use of firearms and stating that they don't own any?

Everyone who thinks the 371 are all some sort of principled liberals are IMO missing the point here.

I would bet that a substantial portion of the 371 are folks who like to rob places or have dear relatives/friends/baby daddies who do. They simply consider folks like Mr. Elliott to be an unacceptable occupational hazard...

Remember, there is no interest like self-interest.

Best,

Joe

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Let upper Kroger Corporate work the night shift at their most turbulent of stores...........for extended periods, with no change from current support/practices.

Get a suit shot, stabbed, beat up or raped, maybe they'll get with the program.

Wonder how many of them live in a gated community?

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Probably make more noise for Kroger if a couple hundred Pro Gun owners showed up at the 71st and Keystone store with signs of support for this employee.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    popup_header_scene_280x30.gif

Should Kroger fire an employee who police say fatally shot a would-be robber? Choice Votes Percentage of 6,051 Votes
    A: Yes 396
    7%
    B: No 5,655
    93%
    Thanks for voting! close window

Current as of 22:24 27th of Dec 2011...

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Well, if he happens to lose his job, maybe the Dollar General or Store in Stilesville would like to hire a manager with balls since they were robbed today by two upstanding individuals just a couple weeks after opening.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Hell I got fired by Kroger about 23 years ago because some dumba$$ parked illegally in the fire zone, claimed I dinged his car with a cart as I was bringing them in. I still hold a grudge, lol

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Another fun one on there is "Kc Arnold" who keeps posting that the employee will be charged, and that Kroger can have him charged even if the gun was just in his car, DESPITE the laws. She has been shown them, and scoffs at them.

I refuse to even read the blather of those types of people. Why should I? It only raises my blood pressure. I could not possibly care less what they think.

If I were to purposefully search out and read the emissions of the drool-dribblers, I would go through life always angry, and would probably begin to loose faith in the ability of people to perform logical thinking.

I have no problem with people who don't like the way I dress, the length of my hair, the music to which I listen, or the fact that I own and carry firearms. As long as they don't try to force their opinion on me, we can get along famously. The minute they try to tell me how to dress, what to listen to, or influence my ability to exercise any other rights, then I have a serious problem with them. BUT, I will NOT spend one second of my life seeking out their opinions about what I do or think.

For what things WILL I seek the opinions of others? Hmmm, whether "richlite" or "baked rosewood" compare favorably with ebony or rosewood fingerboards; how the Groove Tube 6L6GE compare to the RCA 6L6GC small bottles; and how worthwhile it is to try Tula ammo in various firearms.

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Weapons:

• At no time are Team members of the Kroger Company to bring firearms, illegal knives, blades or weapons onto the company premises. the presence of a weapon sharply increases the chances of injury to Team Members and Customers.

1. No team member is to bring a weapon on company premises.
      It is a violation of Kroger policy, as well as state and federal laws.
    2. Only licensed and authorized security personnel , as well as law enforcement agencies, may enter a Kroger store with a firearm.

What delusional boob wrote this?? What state and federal law prohibits Kroger employees from protecting themselves??

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    i'll not only take my kroger plus card....but my indiana ltch plus 1 card and my glock oc...just to see what response i'll get...seeing they are anti-gun according to the handbook quoted below:ingo:

While Kroger has not commented on their policies, Fox59 has obtained information from an employee handbook:

Weapons:

• At no time are Team members of the Kroger Company to bring firearms, illegal knives, blades or weapons onto the company premises. the presence of a weapon sharply increases the chances of injury to Team Members and Customers.
    1. No team member is to bring a weapon on company premises.
      It is a violation of Kroger policy, as well as state and federal laws.
    2. Only licensed and authorized security personnel , as well as law enforcement agencies, may enter a Kroger store with a firearm.

You know, and I'm just throwing this out there.... While they are more than able to claim it is a violation of their policies, it would seem that Kroger "misrepresented the facts" in their statement that it is a violation of "state and federal laws".

misrepresentation legal definition of misrepresentation. misrepresentation synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Now someone would just have to show a pecuniary (financial) loss of some sort associated with their statement.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I refuse to even read the blather of those types of people. Why should I? It only raises my blood pressure. I could not possibly care less what they think.

If I were to purposefully search out and read the emissions of the drool-dribblers, I would go through life always angry, and would probably begin to loose faith in the ability of people to perform logical thinking.

I have no problem with people who don't like the way I dress, the length of my hair, the music to which I listen, or the fact that I own and carry firearms. As long as they don't try to force their opinion on me, we can get along famously. The minute they try to tell me how to dress, what to listen to, or influence my ability to exercise any other rights, then I have a serious problem with them. BUT, I will NOT spend one second of my life seeking out their opinions about what I do or think.

For what things WILL I seek the opinions of others? Hmmm, whether "richlite" or "baked rosewood" compare favorably with ebony rosewood fingerboards; how the Groove Tube 6L6GE compare to the RCA 6L6GC small bottles; and how worthwhile it is to try Tula ammo in various firearms.

What, no Sovteks on your list? Oh and watch the Rosewoods, don't want to end up on a Fed endangered wood list :D

Top Bottom