Indy Kroger Employee Shoots Would-be Robber in the Face!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    What, no Sovteks on your list?Oh and watch the Rosewoods, don't want to end up on a Fed endangered wood list :D

Most of my 6L6 amps are vintage Fenders, and the plate voltage those beasts have turns most of the Sovteks into shortlived experiments. I LOVE old RCA and GE 6L6GCs, but they are getting hard to come by. I bought out most of King Electronics' remaining stock of them a few years ago.

I think Gibson's experience with the feds is what brought on these new fretboard materials. I haven't had the chance to try either of them out yet, so I have no idea how they sound or feel.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    WISH TV just called me for an interview on this topic. The reporter asked what I felt about the "Kroger thing" and I told him I had seen where one person stated there were uneasy with employees at their supermarket being armed. I stated it was an unfounded fear because at any given time there were probably several shoppers who were carrying concealed. I also added that I often open carry at my local Kroger and have seen others doing the same, and that I have never had a problem.

He also asked me what I thought about mandatory safety training. I responded that we fill every course we offer, and people were coming out of the woodwork to seek training. therefore I felt the government getting involved was not necessary.

He was suddenly disinterested and ended our call abruptly. Apparently I didn't give the answers he was seeking. I bet nothing I said gets mentioned and if it does, will be out of context.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Reporters know that facts aren't important, and that whatever idiotic statements they put out there will be swallowed whole by a big part of the public. People are just morons, for the most part. It is encouraging to see that a good percentage of respondents in the various polls I've seen are supportive of the Kroger employee, can't believe a news channel would let that happen.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    WISH TV just called me for an interview on this topic. The reporter asked what I felt about the "Kroger thing" and I told him I had seen where one person stated there were uneasy with employees at their supermarket being armed. I stated it was an unfounded fear because at any given time there were probably several shoppers who were carrying concealed. I also added that I often open carry at my local Kroger and have seen others doing the same, and that I have never had a problem.

He also asked me what I thought about mandatory safety training. I responded that we fill every course we offer, and people were coming out of the woodwork to seek training. therefore I felt the government getting involved was not necessary.

He was suddenly disinterested and ended our call abruptly. Apparently I didn't give the answers he was seeking. I bet nothing I said gets mentioned and if it does, will be out of context.

Headline: "Local gun nut wears a gun on his hip while grocery shopping and thinks everyone should pack heat without training."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WISH TV just called me for an interview on this topic.............

Couldn't find anything to twist or take out of context to fit his prewritten slam against guns story.

The employee will more than likely be terminated by the corporation. Maybe Don Davis will hire him.

I'm shocked they did not call ol' Don first...... he being the foremost authority on all things gun related. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
    oh and :rolleyes:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    There are two types of people carrying guns
    A) a person legally carrying
    B) a person illegally carrying

If you come upon a "B" you better hope there is an "A" around. Because "B" is there to hurt you and "A" is there to defend you.

Kroger needs to reflect upon the fact that they had an "A" and a "B" in the store that day. Thank God it wasn't just a "B".

It's not the "Birds and the Bees" talk, but it is the "A's and the B's" talk and it can be the difference between life and death.

The Choir is now dismissed..:D

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    illegally carrying

I kind of agree with this but there are people who illegally carry for protection/self defense and not necessarily to hurt others....i think that everyone except for violent criminals and a few others should be able to carry without a permit because the constitution makes it legal; however I do have a carry permit for life
    There are two types of people carrying guns
    A) a person legally carrying
    B) a person illegally carrying

If you come upon a "B" you better hope there is an "A" around. Because "B" is there to hurt you and "A" is there to defend you.

Kroger needs to reflect upon the fact that they had an "A" and a "B" in the store that day. Thank God it wasn't just a "B".

It's not the "Birds and the Bees" talk, but it is the "A's and the B's" talk and it can be the difference between life and death.

The Choir is now dismissed..:D

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    So here is my question from this whole event. If a company such as Kroger has a No Gun or weapon policy (as many companies do), what is their legal obligation to you as employee to ensure you have a safe work environment? If the manager had not been armed and the employees got shot and injured or killed, do they have a responsibility in it as they restricted your ability to defend yourself?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    the answer is

They do not have any obligation. to the employee or customers to be safe. They just do not have to do someting to make it unsafe. You and I could argue that prohibiting firearms makes the place less safe but todays execitves who are college brainwashed/educated are not going to agree with you. They have no obligation to keep you safe nor do the police.....It is their business and they can do what they want....if they allow firearms then they are implicitly legally responsible for every firearm act or accident by their employees. They did not commit the crime so they are not responsible for it. They were not negligent in letting the crime happen so they cannot be faulted here as this is a public place where anyone can come and go. Companies have the no firearms rules for employees and customers to limit their liability if an incident happens. They cannot be implicated because they stated that they did not allow firearms. This is not a law but a policy. There is not civil or criminal penalties for carrying a concealed weapon. An openly carried firearm might be different because they would ask you to leave. If you did not then it could be construed as criminal trespassing....
    So here is my question from this whole event. If a company such as Kroger has a No Gun or weapon policy (as many companies do), what is their legal obligation to you as employee to ensure you have a safe work environment? If the manager had not been armed and the employees got shot and injured or killed, do they have a responsibility in it as they restricted your ability to defend yourself?

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I have a lot of questions about this shooting.

Did BG have a gun, and did he get off any shots? Does anybody know?

Was the Kroger employee security?

Why is everyone so down on Kroger, if the shooter was security, then there should be no consequences. If he was not security, then he was in the wrong as far as his terms of employment, and will suffer the penalty.

I will put on my flame suit here. No one should advocate that a business or a private homeowner give up their right to make rules concerning the use of their private property. While I'm not a fan of rules or most laws,if I infringe on a rule, or break a law, then I will man up. I carry a gun when I'm in a Simon mall, if caught I'll leave, no argument, their house their rules. Then when I'm driving home, pissed, cause I got kicked out of the mall, and get pulled over for speeding without my seatbelt on, well, I did the crime so I'll pay the damn fine.

Do I think this was a good shoot, absolutely. Should the guy lose his job, depends on his job description. Thanks to the state of Indiana and Col. Colt he is still able to update his resume.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I have a lot of questions about this shooting.

Did BG have a gun, and did he get off any shots? Does anybody know?

Was the Kroger employee security?

Why is everyone so down on Kroger, if the shooter was security, then there should be no consequences. If he was not security, then he was in the wrong as far as his terms of employment, and will suffer the penalty.

We don't know if the BG had a gun or not. I am sure the investigators do know and we will find out with time. I personally don't think he did or those details would have already been made public.

Even if the Kroger employee was not security, we don't know if he was in the wrong or not. The burden of proof will be on Kroger and they better have backup documentation showing the employee was issued the companies handbook. And even if he was that does not mean he should be terminated, unless the employee handbook clearly states that violation of the handgun policy is grounds for immediate termination. Might be a situation where he could be "written up" and move on with work. We just don't know enought details to make an accurate judgement.

At least he got to go home and live his life. I am sure the job at Kroger means very little to him at this point. Bigger concerns in his life right now.

Top Bottom