Indy Kroger Employee Shoots Would-be Robber in the Face!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    i'll not only take my kroger plus card....but my indiana ltch plus 1 card and my glock oc...just to see what response i'll get...seeing they are anti-gun according to the handbook quoted below:ingo:

While Kroger has not commented on their policies, Fox59 has obtained information from an employee handbook:

Weapons:

• At no time are Team members of the Kroger Company to bring firearms, illegal knives, blades or weapons onto the company premises. the presence of a weapon sharply increases the chances of injury to Team Members and Customers.

1. No team member is to bring a weapon on company premises.
      It is a violation of Kroger policy, as well as state and federal laws.
    2. Only licensed and authorized security personnel , as well as law enforcement agencies, may enter a Kroger store with a firearm.

It is obvious that Kroger needs to update their handbook. What State and Federal laws is it a violation of???

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    **** happens.

For the few years I worked at a Korger, I can say that a lot of crazy stuff happens at a grocery store.

And I remember that my manager was an avid hunter.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Karma does show its beautiful face every once in awhile. This hero did not take a life, he more than likely saved several lives. After recently reading about a 7 year old kid that was shot over a video game, I trust nobody. Anyone that initiates a chain of events such as what happened at Kroger is FULLY RESPONSIBLE for the ensuing reactions from people that fear for their lives. Life is our most precious gift and defending Life is equally important! May God Bless the Kroger employee and his family.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    "Only licensed and authorized security personnel , as well as law enforcement agencies, may enter a Kroger store with a firearm."

Management is responsible for the security of the staff, customers and the contents of the store. He was licensed. He was security. I see no problems.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Weapons:

• At no time are Team members of the Kroger Company to bring firearms, illegal knives, blades or weapons onto the company premises. the presence of a weapon sharply increases the chances of injury to Team Members and Customers.

1. No team member is to bring a weapon on company premises.
      It is a violation of Kroger policy, as well as state and federal laws.
    2. Only licensed and authorized security personnel , as well as law enforcement agencies, may enter a Kroger store with a firearm.

Gee I wonder which state and federal laws those are? :xmad: MORONS!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Unfortunately, Corporate America, on the advice of their attorneys, long ago took the attitude that it is cheaper to allow an employee to be murdered than it is to defend against a lawsuit when an employee successfully defends him/herself against a lethal assault.

Only overwhelming public pressure will save this gentleman's job.

I have just written to Kroger's corporate offices that if this man is retaliated against not only will I personally boycott Kroger's (I reminded them that we have LOTS of Marsh stores here) I will also contribute both my time and money to organizing such a boycott.

Dwhizzle74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    i dont know if this has been mentioned yet but if the kroger worker would have been shot in the face this would of still been a war on how guns are dangerous, and all these people complaining that another man commiting a violent felony was justfuly killed well i bet if you was the person who had the gun of a robber in the back of your head youd call the man a hero if you was in the store hed be a hero hell i wasnt even there or close to but this morning i woke up to seeing several lifes possibly saved thanks to the quick thinkin of a average man ....just my

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Wonder what Marsh policy is?

I carry in our local Marsh all the time and I am in there at least 3 or 4 times a week to buy meat when I am home. I usually carry concealed but I know at times it's been visible. I've stood there and talked to two different store managers and the butchers and nobody has said a word. If they have a policy our store in P-town doesn't enforce it.:):

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I must say, the "sheeple" responses are aggravating, but it is quite uplifting to see how many women are posting on that thread in SUPPORT of the 2nd Amendment.

Top Bottom