Indy Kroger Employee Shoots Would-be Robber in the Face!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Or as the idiotic " professor " from I.U. (iirc) on WIBC last night said..." if Kroger doesn't fire him, all the other employees will think they have the "RIGHT" to carry also! I called to correct them, and of course, they didn't put my comments on air!

IU? You mean lil Berkeley? :rolleyes:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Why do you say that? Greg is very " pro gun" and carries one nearly all the time!
    Sure, but he is wrong about nearly everything gun related that comes out of his mouth especially when he tries to talk about other states and travel. I have had more than a few on air conversations with him and he IS receptive when one calmly presents him with facts and corrects his previous statements. It helps to cite code and titles as that's how his mind works but most of the knowledge about guns on that network comes straight from Don Davis. In fact I had an interesting conversation with him on Carl Brisis show one time not too long ago when he was supporting NICS checks for FTF sales....Don is mentally handicapped or on drugs, every time you prove him wrong he goes into 8YO mode and just laughs trying to make people think you are silly. Oh, he likes to threaten people over the phone too, DD that is.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Originally Posted by Dirtebiker
    Or as the idiotic " professor " from I.U. (iirc) on WIBC last night said..." if Kroger doesn't fire him, all the other employees will think they have the "RIGHT" to carry also! I called to correct them, and of course, they didn't put my comments on air!

WIBC has been getting pretty bad lately. I wonder where the pressure is coming from?

yeah wibc is not what it used to be

and no thinking about it...we all have the right to

sadly i think the employee will be fired....hopefully the union will get his job back....hopefully

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sure, but he is wrong about nearly everything gun related that comes out of his mouth especially when he tries to talk about other states and travel. I have had more than a few on air conversations with him and he IS receptive when one calmly presents him with facts and corrects his previous statements. It helps to cite code and titles as that's how his mind works but most of the knowledge about guns on that network comes straight from Don Davis. In fact I had an interesting conversation with him on Carl Brisis show one time not too long ago when he was supporting NICS checks for FTF sales....Don is mentally handicapped or on drugs, every time you prove him wrong he goes into 8YO mode and just laughs trying to make people think you are silly. Oh, he likes to threaten people over the phone too, DD that is.

I don't want to thread jack, but I'd love to hear about these threats!
    I didn't realize Greg was so I'll informed. He usually sounds pretty reasonable to me, although I don't listen to him all that much.

And thanks for the civil reply, some people take questions by me as insults when they really are simply, just questions!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WIBC has been getting pretty bad lately. I wonder where the pressure is coming from?

To give them their due, we all are getting more knowledgeable through forums like this. All the while they are kind of stuck between the old "smartest guy in the room" mentality and 2nd A/gun issues being fairly far down on their list of interests.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    My guess....somewhere in a back room at Kroger corp., there's a guy calculating potential loss of business for firing the guy, vs potential increase in insurance premiums for not. Any "boycot" loss of revenue will be of fixed duration. People have short memories, and let's face it, are basically lazy. The smart play for Kroger in my opinion. Pick a number somewhere close to the short term revenue loss, and buy the guy off. We'll pay you X amount of dollars to resign , you keep your mouth shut, we don't get bad press for "firing" you , our insurance rates don't go up, and we'll even help you find employment elsewhere. Win,win,win,win.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Umm, Marsh, Cub, Rainbow, Festival, Supervalue, Meijer, eventually Walmart.....just to name a few and they start at minimum wage. My BIL is kroger management, it was his first job as a cart/bagboy and 12+ years later he's at just over $14hr.

Meijer is only unionized in Michigan, Ill, and Ohio. Not in Indiana.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    My guess....somewhere in a back room at Kroger corp., there's a guy calculating potential loss of business for firing the guy, vs potential increase in insurance premiums for not. Any "boycot" loss of revenue will be of fixed duration. People have short memories, and let's face it, are basically lazy. The smart play for Kroger in my opinion. Pick a number somewhere close to the short term revenue loss, and buy the guy off. We'll pay you X amount of dollars to resign , you keep your mouth shut, we don't get bad press for "firing" you , our insurance rates don't go up, and we'll even help you find employment elsewhere. Win,win,win,win.

Well, we may be lazy. Gays are prominent in movies, tv and the workplace; somehow bicyclists have managed to get the city to spend big bucks on bike lanes. There is no shortage of minority populations pushing and getting their agenda. We get sidetracked by all these other issues. Even illegals have more support

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    How bad is the area were this Kroger is, that an Employee working in the office area, felt that he had to defend himself because the company would or could not provide protection for the employees? :rolleyes:

This is my neighborhood. It's not a bad one, as such, but this particular store has been robbed before, as have others in the area. They have part-time, unarmed security in the entry-way - mostly to counter shoplifters, I suppose. If I were a manager there, or at the Marathon station on the corner, or any of the convenience stores on Lafayette Road or Georgetown, I'd be really tempted to carry despite whatever the store policy might be.

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    These people that are nay saying, just **** me off to no end. A bad guy is dead, innocent victims are safe. Maybe if the ass hole didn't think it was ok to rob others it never would have happened.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Well, the owner is a big-time liberal, so I suppose that might explain it. Also, most of their news staff appear to be typical liberal journalist types, so their news - when it isn't parroting a major news network - tends to lean toward the left, anyway. Only the talk shows and their hosts tend toward more conservative values.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    You didn't just go there, did you?

oh+no+you+didn%27t.jpg

fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Last I read about this Kroger is trying to decide whether to fire the employee. Kroger has a firearm policy (policy not disclosed) and I'm sure they are afraid to set a precedent of allowing employees to carry on the job. Let's hope they make the right decision.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    And just WHOSE fault is THIS !?

Oh, wait -- I just looked in the mirror, and ... ... WHEN will we gunners get serious enough to put The Constitution ahead of all our personalities (YOU know who YOU are) rank (?) and weapon-inventory, and band together for our self-preservation ! ? Face up to it, Man-In-The-Mirror, you ARE lazy ! And it does not harm Liberty at all to be "inclusive"; from the following list: Gays need guns, bikers need guns, minorities need guns, illegals need to become legal and will then need guns. And that results in a pretty big band-wagon in the Public Parade. Let's DO SOMETHING STARTING HERE @ INGUNS, and show the positive results of legal arms possession. EBG
    Well, we may be lazy. Gays are prominent in movies, tv and the workplace; somehow bicyclists have managed to get the city to spend big bucks on bike lanes. There is no shortage of minority populations pushing and getting their agenda. We get sidetracked by all these other issues. Even illegals have more support

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "WE DON'T NEED NO MORE FRAKKIN' LAWS"

What seems a good idea at 1st glance shows up to be the camel's nose in the tent. Who knows where that open-door may lead, plus IT IS un-necessary. No STATE may make a law that contravenes The Constitution. Why should a grocery store be able to do that, then? ANS: no grocery store may. Some stores DO, but it should be pressed by us, citizens, that walking onto "private property" does not strip one of ANY Constitutional rights. Again, the letter to the Texas grocery is a good start. I don't want some religious zealot to set up shop preaching in the aisles, claiming a 1st Amendment "Right" to do so, but I DO always carry when I shop. EBG
    ^^^This. The sad/sick part here is that a more-than-likely heinous crime was averted by a normal guy doing nothing more than the right thing of protecting life. Even worse, this hero will, more than likely, lose his livelihood due to society being conditioned to believe that "somebody" (always the ones with deep pockets) HAS to be "held responsible". Corporations/small business/everyone then is really left with no other choice then but to succumb to this attorney/legal hysteria and maintain such idiotic policies.
    Take away the attorneys ability to throw such a wide net over multiple parties in their ambulance chasing and hold the INDIVIDUAL responsible for their actions, not the employer just because they have deep pockets.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I saw on the news this morning that Kroger has hired a private security firm & has had armed guards in front of the employees house since the robbery happened on Monday.

That's a nice gesture by Kroger, but isn't it obvious that this guy has weapons & isn't afraid to use them to protect himself & others? Who in their right mind would try to go to his house & do him harm??

OH. Wait, now I get it, the family of the innocent perp that was shot down because he was misunderstood...

Top Bottom