• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Currently hanging out in the lot waiting for a couple of my brood inside Brick World. I was actually surprised I was able to park inside the gates wit Brick World, the 1500, and the Flower & Patio show going on

i haven't been inside a 1500 in years. Thought I'd check the play by play here to see if it might be worth a look. I think I'll have more fun on INGO

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I went this morning. Wasn't overly exciting , becoming more of a flea market every show it seems. I picked up a couple of ammo cans and that was it. I saw a pretty neat retro AR just in time to watch someone else buy it. I'm guessing it was an 80% lower build with retro parts and engraving. I had seen it at a previous show and they had marked it down to a reasonable price this show. I'd have probably bought it if the other gentleman didn't.

How much were the cans?

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I forgot to mention. Right next to the INGO booth they had DRUMROLLS!:):
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    I actually seen them all over that place yesterday.

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Heading down in the morning. I don't "need" any guns but I'm hoping to find a lot of parts and magazines. What's the ratio of tables with guns and tables with gun stuff?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Just left the 1500 about an hour ago and stopped by the INGO booth twice. There was a fine young man there with his Grandpa and we talked about their experience handling 1911 race guns with Churchmouse. The Grandpa said the grandson thinks all 1911s are like the ones he handled with Churchmouse. I said to the young man that he has to keep after Grandpa to buy him a 1911. I also added that the first 1911 should be a real Colt. Grandpa "thanked" me for helping the young lad learning about 1911s and telling the boy to keep reminding Grandpa to get him a Colt. (LOL) It was great meeting the INGO members at the booth.

As for the rest of the gun show, boy, people trying to sell firearms at ridiculous prices was almost comical. AR rifle that were $450-500 a few weeks ago were pushing $600 for basic rifles. S&W revolvers were at unwarranted sky high silly prices. I found one guy trying to sell a S&W 586 with the rear sight missing and the rear sight ramp screw hole buggered after someone stripped the screw and drilled it out of the top strap. Not to mention that the double action was loose and grainy. The price $595!!! Seriously? Are you kidding me? Then we see rifles, particularly Henry rifles at full list price when you can order them from Buds for scores of dollars less. Is panic setting in and dealers are gouging and trying to cash in? I wonder. Peace. Out.

Grandpa was LoveMyWoods!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Smeegel and I went down after martial arts training Saturday AM.

I brought my DSA Stg58 and that goofy Walter PPX that I won at a FNRA dinner to sell. Everyone wanted to look at and coonfinger the FAL but no serious offers and not a single soul asked to see the PPX. May have to gift away the PPX.

I also brought an s-load of STEN mags (don't ask, I was young and dumb and stumbled into STEN mags for $1 at Knob Creek [I filled the truck of my LeSabre with them]) and the very last of my greatgrandfather's Colt Monitor's mags (could not bear to sell them en mass, so been selling them off in 6 or a dozen lots). I have exactly one to keep in the armory. Got very fair price for the BAR mags. And traded the STEN mags off for a bunch of used CZ75 (Megs) mags.

I bought several 500 round "bricks" of Stingers at $.08/rd. Bunch of Federal and PMC M193 5.56mm for $0.24/rd. 100 7.62X51 tracer rounds as I was running low on .30 tracer.

Bought gunsmithing tools (especially a nifty small brass hammer) and glass vials from the meth making fixings guys in the middle, except I am using the glass vials for Ditdot Jow.:D

Swung by the INGO booth and yapped at Love. Met Blue Pig. Blue Pig is big enough that he used his pinky to lift the rucksack full of ammo.:D

Made some money, spent some money, like every gun show, then off to St. Joseph for a late lunch and a Confessional IPA! Bless you, Indianapolis microbrew scene!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I need to add that I was extremely impressed by the gun handling displayed by the IMPD officer "checking me in". I put my FAL muzzle down on the table and he did not flinch even as I kept pulling my carry guns off me. No sloppy muzzle, no pudknocker behavior whatsoever, no RCA dog looks at the FAL, not a single criticism.

I noted he was SWAT rated (SWAT insigna/device over left pocket) and I know we have INGO members in charge of SWAT training. Keep it up, sir, very professional and I am impressed.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn

How much were the cans?

I paid $30 for 4 50 cal. I only saw one booth with them.

I got there at 8 and got out before that certain stink set in. Absolutely no deals on easily attainable firearms (IMO) but what’s new? Got my brass and bullets though.

And a shoutout to the friendly folks working the INGO booth this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    I finally made it to the Indy 1500 only second time attending. Stopped by the INGO booth and put my guess in the hat. Thanks to all the members who man that booth. I Only went one other time and it was elbows to......well you get the idea. I could actually walk around this time.

I ended up with 3k small pistol primers and a good deal on a 1977 29-2 6.5”. It was hidden amongst a few plastic guns and Taurus revolvers, wearing ugly Pachmayr grips. I had a set of N frame stocks at home so I had to buy it. Other than the 29 I rescued, I agree the S&W revolvers were listed at higher than normal prices.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I finally made it to the Indy 1500 only second time attending. Stopped by the INGO booth and put my guess in the hat. Thanks to all the members who man that booth. I Only went one other time and it was elbows to......well you get the idea. I could actually walk around this time.

I ended up with 3k small pistol primers and a good deal on a 1977 29-2 6.5”. It was hidden amongst a few plastic guns and Taurus revolvers, wearing ugly Pachmayr grips. I had a set of N frame stocks at home so I had to buy it. Other than the 29 I rescued, I agree the S&W revolvers were listed at higher than normal prices.

How much for the small pistol primers?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Crap ton of people today. Went by the INGO booth and got thrown out.... wasnÂ’t naked enough or something...

I figured with the weather just south of crappy today and calling for 55 and sunny tomorrow, today would be the crazy day. CM and I sold more swag yesterday than we ever did on a Friday.

Thrown out of the INGO Booth? Sounds like a badge of honor to me.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I normally don’t do the 1500 but it’s the sons Birthday on Sunday and he wanted me to take him as part his Birthday present. Got there around 11 and traffic was backed up past the RR tracks on Binford but once in, found a parking spot close enough. No real deals to be had but did stop by the INGO booth and won the rucksack full of ammo. ( come on 996 ) lol. Sadly none of the INGO shirts I wanted to be had in my size but I’ll keep checking the INGO Swag store for those. Had fun but ended up coming home and ordering the things I wanted online for half the price. Ended the day at Tequila Sunrise in Fishers for a late lunch which cost less for two than getting in the show.

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    How much for the small pistol primers?

CCI small pistol. $28

that is about the same price I get them for from Midsouth when they have free hazmat. But there was no tax at that booth and if you bought 5k he only charged $125. I had a few k at the house so I passed on that deal.

Last edited:
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I went to the show today. I had an excellent time. There was a lot going on at the fairgrounds, there was a lawn and patio show as well as a Lego show. I saw a good variety of guns, gear, and accessories. I came across a gentleman who had a South African marked Lee Enfield. he was not interested in selling it. We exchanged numbers anyways. I will be calling him in a month to see what if he changes his mind.

I stopped by the Ingo booth and said hello to Roadie and Lovemywoods. It was nice to meet them. I also signed the target and put a guess towards the box of ammo, sadly I did not win. All in all, it was a wonderful Saturday. I am looking forward to the next one

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Fairgrounds was packed today. We had to park on the edge of the track... Found some good deal on medical stuff from a guy from TN. He had cat gen 7 tourniquets for $20 picket up two and good deals on Israeli bandages and other things like that. Seen some good deals on ballistic advantage heavy fluted barrels. About $30 better than online prices. I haven't been in some time so it was good to just get out and look at stuff. I haf the chance to look through some thermal from flir. I was impressed with the tk scout for being less than $600.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Really enjoyed the show today. I'll echo that most S&W revolvers were overpriced. Not the super nice ones necessarily but avg to beat up. Md 36, 3" .38 blue with ruest in the FS and barrell and dirty for $459, another a little better for $499. I did see some deals, sold an sks paratrooper to a dealer for $400, he promptly priced it waaaayy higher. I did buy a 3" S&W 63 for an ok price. Good condition, no box, about 20% under online cost new.

This show and the last I have had good luck finding odds and ends on eclectic tables. Got a mecgar mag for my WaltherPP in .32 for cheap and 2 boxes of .30-30 for $25.

Top Bottom