• ...and so much more!
  • ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    We had a good crowd on Friday! It was nice to see a lot of familiar faces and meet some new ones. Parking will be crowded today. The flower and patio show is going on at the Fairgrounds and there is also a LEGO show. Hope everyone enjoys the show today!

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    It was good meeting Kellyinavon and Churchmouse yesterday. CM pointed and laughed at my little Delte elite I was selling while showing off his awesome new Allen M custom 10mm but I did enjoy talking to him anyway. ;)

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Man, what a day. My wife and I got there at 2:30 and didn't get out until almost 7:30. I hadn't been to a 1500 in years so I wanted to check out EVERYTHING. It was nice to meet Churchmouse, Kelly and GFGT. I was disappointed it wasn't really Al Bundy, but he is a really nice guy.:): You all were, actually.
    Picked me up some INGO swag, and some funny shirts elsewhere. Wife got herself a new S&W 642-1 and I finally found my new Colt Cobra.
    Great day all around.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It was good meeting Kellyinavon and Churchmouse yesterday. CM pointed and laughed at my little Delte elite I was selling while showing off his awesome new Allen M custom 10mm but I did enjoy talking to him anyway. ;)

That new 10mm made CM go from surly Mod to giddy schoolgirl in about 1.5 seconds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That new 10mm made CM go from surly Mod to giddy schoolgirl in about 1.5 seconds.

It might have been less time.....
    eJTWBgV.jpg

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon
    I was at the booth when it was delivered and I thought there was little tear when CM asked for a moment alone with his new atrophy.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I'll be interested to hear what the Sat crowd ends up being like. I was very surprised at how thin it seemed yesterday, after a couple hours anyway. Still a lot of people, just not what I've usually encountered there. That was only my second friday trip too though so it could just be a friday thing. It did seem like there were less vendors than I've ever seen though and they were only using half of that big room on the north end. Being the first show since Parkland and with all the black gun full semi auto rapid fire magazine hate I totally expected this to be the Indy 1500 Apocalypse Edition and almost didn't even bother going for that reason. I hate gun shows during panic seasons. I'm glad I decided to go anyway.

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I'm tempted to make the drive, but the only thing I'm looking to buy is a Forster Co-ax reloading press, which suddenly became impossible to order on the Internet. I know there is a lot of reloading supply sellers who set up at the 1500, but I can't for the life of me remember if any of them carry the Forster or if it is all just Lee and Dillion.

I'd much appreciate it if anyone who has already been can give me some guidance before I waste the gas, parking fee and admission price.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I'm tempted to make the drive, but the only thing I'm looking to buy is a Forster Co-ax reloading press, which suddenly became impossible to order on the Internet. I know there is a lot of reloading supply sellers who set up at the 1500, but I can't for the life of me remember if any of them carry the Forster or if it is all just Lee and Dillion.

I'd much appreciate it if anyone who has already been can give me some guidance before I waste the gas, parking fee and admission price.

Bullets, powders, primers, yes. Vendors selling reloading presses, no. I don't know if there was a single vendor selling presses yesterday at the show.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I went this morning. Wasn't overly exciting , becoming more of a flea market every show it seems. I picked up a couple of ammo cans and that was it. I saw a pretty neat retro AR just in time to watch someone else buy it. I'm guessing it was an 80% lower build with retro parts and engraving. I had seen it at a previous show and they had marked it down to a reasonable price this show. I'd have probably bought it if the other gentleman didn't.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I know there had been some "Buzz" on the site here about anti 2A protestors outside of the show? Has anyone experienced this? Hope not!

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis

$5 parking across the street (south of 38th) and $12 at the door. I don't know if they have the press you are looking for.

I did stop by the INGO booth and fondled the bag before making my guess. Met LoveMyWoods and his little helper and got some swag. It was crowded at times but it seemed to come and go. I thought it was a better show than the last time I went. Seemed like more selection to me.

At the last minute I went back to White River Armory because the guy said they would have more 300 blackout uppers in the afternoon. They did and I bought one for $250 (no bcg or ch). I don't know anything about them but at that price, I didn't think I could go wrong. Anyone heard of them? I haven't seen any online lately in 16".

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Just left the 1500 about an hour ago and stopped by the INGO booth twice. There was a fine young man there with his Grandpa and we talked about their experience handling 1911 race guns with Churchmouse. The Grandpa said the grandson thinks all 1911s are like the ones he handled with Churchmouse. I said to the young man that he has to keep after Grandpa to buy him a 1911. I also added that the first 1911 should be a real Colt. Grandpa "thanked" me for helping the young lad learning about 1911s and telling the boy to keep reminding Grandpa to get him a Colt. (LOL) It was great meeting the INGO members at the booth.

As for the rest of the gun show, boy, people trying to sell firearms at ridiculous prices was almost comical. AR rifle that were $450-500 a few weeks ago were pushing $600 for basic rifles. S&W revolvers were at unwarranted sky high silly prices. I found one guy trying to sell a S&W 586 with the rear sight missing and the rear sight ramp screw hole buggered after someone stripped the screw and drilled it out of the top strap. Not to mention that the double action was loose and grainy. The price $595!!! Seriously? Are you kidding me? Then we see rifles, particularly Henry rifles at full list price when you can order them from Buds for scores of dollars less. Is panic setting in and dealers are gouging and trying to cash in? I wonder. Peace. Out.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom