• ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    what about the wagons?

What about 'em? They don't take runs. Hell, I sometimes forgo locking someone up because I see that the wagons are too busy or too few. There have been not infrequent occasions where I take prisoners to the APC myself because it is more time-efficient or just plain necessary.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What about 'em? They don't take runs. Hell, I sometimes forgo locking someone up because I see that the wagons are too busy or too few. There have been not infrequent occasions where I take prisoners to the APC myself because it is more time-efficient or just plain necessary.

You just want an excuse to slack off and not write more tickets, etc.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    While I agree that you cannot prevent murders, taking the thugs off of the streets certainly helps.

Meh, then people will complain we don't have enough corrections workers, then the jails aren't big enough etc. etc. It's all a waste of time anyway until the revolving door stays closed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why would they? They don't have any jurisdictional responsibilities outside of the jail and the city county building. They aren't certified police officers, they don't have beats to work.

MCSD has more people running around in uniforms than they did before the merger. The merger was done under the guise of eliminating the duplication of services. Seems something isn't right there, wouldn't you say? I'd think a taxpayer or two might question what was going on but apparently it's a non issue.

Don't get me started on this one... I don't even know how things work down there anymore. I had to do a triple take one night when some guy in brown backed me up one night. I wanted to "ask," but thought better as to not offend the guy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Meh, then people will complain we don't have enough corrections workers, then the jails aren't big enough etc. etc. It's all a waste of time anyway until the revolving door stays closed.

We need less non-violent drug offenders behind bars. Sorry, but a handfull of weed in your jacket is something you should be ticketed for, not thrown in jail. Thats just taking up space making guys like that moron that shot up black expo and was re-arrested a couple weeks back get out early.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We need less non-violent drug offenders behind bars. Sorry, but a handfull of weed in your jacket is something you should be ticketed for, not thrown in jail. Thats just taking up space making guys like that moron that shot up black expo and was re-arrested a couple weeks back get out early.

I'd bet that most marijuana arrests in Marion county are OR'd directly from the APC.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Detention facilities are under-staffed, IMPD is under-staffed. The thugs all know this. They know that the chances of getting caught/ detained have gone down. Contrary to popular belief, there are NOT a lot of people in jail for small drug penalties or minor crimes. We are locking up the worst of the worst but the system keeps letting them out. The .gov have put caps on the number of people we can keep in a facility so guess what? The thugs get released to re-offend. They have been known to leave by lunch and be back by dinner.
    The thugs feel empowered people. They think nothing of committing crimes anymore. They get plead down with little consequences. They go to detention where they assault staff and still get out. It's getting ugly. It's going to get MUCH worse and I don't see it getting any better. Trust me, I know of what I speak.

Bob

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    We cannot afford to keep building cages and hiring jailers. We will never see it...but I wish there was a way of violent punishment for violent crimes, serious payback labor for crimes against property of others, ect. ect. I know that most of us on this forum do not expect LEOs to protect us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We cannot afford to keep building cages and hiring jailers. We will never see it...but I wish there was a way of violent punishment for violent crimes, serious payback labor for crimes against property of others, ect. ect. I know that most of us on this forum do not expect LEOs to protect us.

LEO locks them up...idiot lib judges kick-em loose and they are back into the lifestyle in half an hour. It is a badge of honor to "Catch a case" in thug world.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Whip them, hang them, labor them. We need harsher penalties especially for a repeat offender.
    I feel bad for the cops who lock these scum up only to see them the next shift.
    sounds like mcsd is a waste of tax dollars. Lets contract the jail duties to private companies and the sherriff can have a secretary and that's all.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    indyCanal.jpg

+

alligator-sunning.jpg

+

spartakick.jpg

=

alf.png

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Little Chigago

The City Merchants need to band together and hire a large security company to protect the area. Like in the old days.

Until this mess is cleaned up, I will not go downtown to shop or eat. The merchants must be losing big time.

Then the 2% dinning tax needs to be split to hire more police. and stop paying for a building that was taken down two years ago and is now a parking lot.

Indianapolis is becoming a "Little Chicago"

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    When say short based on the national average, is that calculated on a per capita basis, square miles to patrol or some other formula?

Any of the stats I've seen have been broken down to number of officers per 1000 residents of the jurisdiction.

Top Bottom