• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Jeffersonville - A woman accused of shooting a man during a case of road rage and then calling for help may not face charges. The confrontation happened at a busy intersection in the southern Indiana community of Jeffersonville.

Witnesses say an aggressive motorcycle driver blocked an SUV from going around. When the two stopped, the motorcycle driver jumped off his bike. The driver of the SUV, Yolanda Parrish, hit the man with the vehicle door, picked up a gun and then shot him in the chest. Witnesses say Parrish and her 15-year-old son then stood over the man cursing before making this call to 911.

Dispatcher: "You need to put the gun down on the passenger side floor of the car."
    Caller: "It is. I am out of the car."
    Dispatcher: "Okay. Keep your hands on the either the hood or the roof of the car where they can see them and just stay there like that until the police get there so that way there is no mishaps, okay?"
    Caller: "I put it up under the seat."

The motorcycle driver is in a medically-induced coma but he is expected to survive. Police say Parrish acted in self-defense. The prosecutor will decide if she'll face charges.

WTHR - Indianapolis News and Weather - Woman shoots motorcycle driver in apparent road rage case

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I find the article's headline misleading too. It reads as if the woman was the one 'road raging'. Also, you RIDE a bike, you don't DRIVE a bike.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I could use some more details here. But I will say Yolanda would probably be in better legal shape right now had she taken our INGO class and sat through the legal portion at the end.

Witnesses say Parrish and her 15-year-old son then stood over the man cursing before making this call to 911.

Dispatcher: "You need to put the gun down on the passenger side floor of the car."
    Caller: "It is. I am out of the car."
    Dispatcher: "Okay. Keep your hands on the either the hood or the roof of the car where they can see them and just stay there like that until the police get there so that way there is no mishaps, okay?"
    Caller: "I put it up under the seat."

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Read? Heck no! POST!!
    Like moi.;)

Edit: Oh great. "Message awaits moderator approval"
    Well...that's one that'll never see the light of day.

Woot! Annie!

unhappy about this
    Thursday, June 19, 2008

She should be put away. You can't just shoot someone cause you exchange a few words. Maybe the prosecutor should be shot for not filing charges.

---------------------------------

Annie
    Friday, June 20, 2008

She absolutely didn't have to shoot. She could have sat there and taken her unprovoked beating from a biker like a good sheep!
    Sorry...sticks and stones may break my bones, but my .45 will stop you.

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I am amazed how quickly people judge without ALL the facts. It is easy to criticize with the 20-20 clarity that hindsight brings. Perhaps, afterward, it was discovered he had no weapon on him, but she could not have known that at the time. I added my $.02 to the feedback page. Let her be judged by the facts and not the court of public opinion.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    This was on the news while I was getting my haircut this afternoon . With the exception of one oddball the general opinion of the barbershop was that he got what he deserved. I am suprised she didnt "bump" the motorcycle out of the way.

USAShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Good for her.. If we read more of this in the paper or saw it on the news , these dirt bags might think before they try to attack a woman..

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Read? Heck no! POST!!
    Like moi.;)
    Great Post Annie.

BTW, people should also "rate" those posts! You can approve of disagree with each of the comments left by people. I encourage everyone to support the pro-gun posts and disapprove the anti-gun posts. It will send a message to the editorial writers at the station to let them know what real people (not sheeple) think about self-defense.

Good for her.. If we read more of this in the paper or saw it on the news , these dirt bags might think before they try to attack a woman..

Dirt bags????

Does that apply to anyone who rides a motorcycle??? :dunno:

Dirt bags . . . JMO, but the way I understood the post is that it was referring to aggressive men who attack women. I didn't see it as being aimed specifically at 'bikers' but more at men who exhibit road rage.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Good for her, the biker would be alive if he didnt try to confront the woman.

Unless his status has changed....he's still alive.

The motorcycle driver is in a medically-induced coma but he is expected to survive.
    But I agree with the sentiment. Maybe he'll think twice before being so confrontational again. :)

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Dirt bags . . . JMO, but the way I understood the post is that it was referring to aggressive men who attack women. I didn't see it as being aimed specifically at 'bikers' but more at men who exhibit road rage.

Perhaps... that's why I asked for clarification.

What absolutely terrifies me is that there seems to be a certain percentage of people who wish or celebrate death on another human being when they have such little information of the facts of what actually occurred.

Fortunately the vast majority of the people here aren't in that number but some clearly are.

And BTW the woman was not attacked, just approached. Again... we have such little information here.

I ride and I carry and while I don't jump off my bike to confront anyone, I'll let some idiot who's too busy yakking on their cell to pay attention to driving know when they cut me off or pull out in front of me by blasting them with my obnoxious air-horns. I don't want to die because people can't hang-up and/or wake-up and drive.

Sounds like maybe (past posts included) there might be a handful of nut-jobs around here who don't need much more of of an excuse to start poppin' caps. Or at least that's what they spout-off as they sit behind their keyboard and monitor. :dunno:

Top Bottom