• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You're doing it wrong. The CCW goes in the holster. The LTCH goes in your wallet. Do not laminate your CCW! It may adversely effect reliability.

But if you laminate your ccw, doesn't it protect it from moisture? Like maybe the occasional toilet drop... :)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Sounds like a massive traffic jam nightmare for the ISP come Oct. 1st. With all the current holders and all the new applicants I wonder what the wait time will be this time around? waaa2waaa

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have my Lifetime LTCH for Indiana, but I work in Ohio. The new card idea is nice and, while prettier, does not get us reciprocity with Ohio because there is no training requirement and no photo on the LTCH, as explained to me by the resident LGS Counter Commando. Can anyone confirm this?
    Supposedly there is also legislation introduced to ease those requirements for people who work in the People's Republic of Ohio, but again, that is from the resident LGS Counter Commando.
    They accept Utah permits now, but supposedly NOT Florida Non-Resident now, again, from the RLGSCC. There is a guy here advertising getting legal in Ohio, but Ohio does not have a non-res license, so he must teach the Utah course or something else.
    As a result, I try not to go into Ohio unless I am going to work. Most things are available in the dying little town of Lawrenceburg, anything else can be had in Kentucky, whom we have reciprocity with. I need to get my Utah permit I guess, so I am legal while going to work.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I heard the new LTCH is more durable. For your convenience and in true .gov fashion, they have also made it a little larger than the paper version so it's harder to lose. :D

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I already have a digital scan of my lifetime license, and can print as many as I need in the future on pink paper. Looks like the new one will hold up better for the new applicants though.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I already have a digital scan of my lifetime license, and can print as many as I need in the future on pink paper. Looks like the new one will hold up better for the new applicants though. Since you are not required to change license when you update address, I should be good until the grave.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just don't see it as a better license. I see it as wasting money. I also expect costs to increase. Guess I'll find out when I move back to Indy.

The piece I saw on the news about this indicated that it was going to save approximately 80% over the old system. Of course this was from a gubmint source, so take that as you will. :):

Last edited:

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I think a small plastic card with the constitution printed on it should be all we need. I also believe any place open to the public should have to honor your constitutional rights as part of doing business. IMHO it should be no different than race, religion or sex.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay, so I can get a small silkscreen printer for the black lettering, and the pretty pink plastic cardstock, and the plastic should yield just find to a metal sheer, but where do I get the nifty little Indiana seal stickers to add to all of my future LTCH copies?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Really doesnt matter much being as all they need to do is run your drivers license to see you have your carry permit. Haven't carried my ltch in over two years since its not required anymore

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Okay, so I can get a small silkscreen printer for the black lettering, and the pretty pink plastic cardstock, and the plastic should yield just find to a metal sheer, but where do I get the nifty little Indiana seal stickers to add to all of my future LTCH copies?

I'll have to rescind my offer for free copies and lamination of licenses for INGO members now... :(

Good new is everyone can hit up RobbyMAQ for the plastic cards........ :D

Sandtiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2014
    Evansville
    Really doesnt matter much being as all they need to do is run your drivers license to see you have your carry permit. Haven't carried my ltch in over two years since its not required anymore
    I'm not sure why they don't just make a designation on your Drivers License. Because quite honestly when are you going to need to produce LTCH to a LEO without producing your DL to go along with it.
    Endorsement: G or something like that..
    I'm sure it would help with reciprocation for states that require our photo on them.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm not sure why they don't just make a designation on your Drivers License. Because quite honestly when are you going to need to produce LTCH to a LEO without producing your DL to go along with it.
    Endorsement: G or something like that..
    I'm sure it would help with reciprocation for states that require our photo on them.

If I am walking down the street, and a LEO asks me if I have an LTCH, then I give it to him/her. Any other form of ID would not be required legally, unless they had RAS..

Top Bottom