• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    Well I will be the first to say out of 100 posts that I will just keep my laminated paper copy and be happier. My wallet is thick enough with a couple of credit cards, DL, Lifetime Hunting license and a wad of cash without adding another thick plastic card. Yep, the laminated paper copy suits me fine!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well I will be the first to say out of 100 posts that I will just keep my laminated paper copy and be happier. My wallet is thick enough with a couple of credit cards, DL, Lifetime Hunting license and a wad of cash without adding another thick plastic card. Yep, the laminated paper copy suits me fine!

A wad of cash huh? Where do you do most of your shopping? :shady:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Well I will be the first to say out of 100 posts that I will just keep my laminated paper copy and be happier. My wallet is thick enough. Yep, the laminated paper copy suits me fine!
    Ok, when I said I was happy with my original copy and that I would simply print them as needed throughout the years, what I meant was I will keep my laminated paper copy and use that. Yes, I am happy with my thinner one, and don't want any designation on my drivers license. Also, since the Indiana LTCH is a Lifetime License that remains active if you move, if you move the new state may not print it on their state license since it is an Indiana LTCH. I'll keep my thin pink paper and print them as needed. Heck, print an entire page of them and laminate a dozen, take them out of the safe when you wear one out. Keep a digital copy in more than one place so you don't lose it. Another reason to not make the drivers license the LTCH is that a DL is not required to have a LTCH. Some people due to different reasons cannot qualify for a DL or chose not to get one, but qualify for a LTCH. Elderly people sometimes lose their ability to drive, or simply stop driving on their own but should still be allowed a LTCH. Some people have seizures due to medical reasons, and many states require that you be seizure free for 90 days to get a DL, they may have 6 per day or 1 every month or so. I knew a girl who had a few per day but had a device that neutralized it, but that still disqualified her for a DL.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm not sure why they don't just make a designation on your Drivers License. Because quite honestly when are you going to need to produce LTCH to a LEO without producing your DL to go along with it.
    Endorsement: G or something like that..
    I'm sure it would help with reciprocation for states that require our photo on them.

If I need to use my DL to write a check or for ID at a bank or other place then it is not their business if I own/carry a gun or not. They don't need to know. The only ones who may need to know already have the means in place to look it up and verify it. There is too much private information that is forced to be public the way it is, we do not need to add to it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is awesome? Really???
    This is great? Really????
    You are missing the point but then again you are so use to being in chains that this going from paper to plastic makes you think it's great.
    Why cause you have lived all you life that way.

Imagine a time when you did not need permission from the .gov to carry your firearm.
    Having that would be great,awesome, etc.
    Everything else is still a chain, just a different color and or name.

Today it's the paper change, oct 1 the plastic one.
    Later on like our friend from Colorado it will be a yearly fee, etc.

Break the chains, demand that the chains be removed all together.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This is awesome? Really???
    This is great? Really????
    You are missing the point but then again you are so use to being in chains that this going from paper to plastic makes you think it's great.
    Why cause you have lived all you life that way.

Imagine a time when you did not need permission from the .gov to carry your firearm.
    Having that would be great,awesome, etc.
    Everything else is still a chain, just a different color and or name.

Today it's the paper change, oct 1 the plastic one.
    Later on like our friend from Colorado it will be a yearly fee, etc.

Break the chains, demand that the chains be removed all together.

But it's pink, so who cares right?

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I have the lifetime so that means I go to the grave with it. How about a nice neck tattoo of the LTCH since it is with me forever anyway? No lami problems, never left or forgotten. Hmmm...

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Persons already holding a firearms permit or those obtaining a firearms permit after October 1st will also be able to request a duplicate firearms license or request a change of address via the electronic version.

Does this mean I can "upgrade" to hard plastic for free? The only disadvantage of this is you wont be able to easily (or at all) make copies anymore.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I have the lifetime so that means I go to the grave with it. How about a nice neck tattoo of the LTCH since it is with me forever anyway? No lami problems, never left or forgotten. Hmmm...

How about one on the forearm for those decent officers that want to see it and another around the back pocket area for the JBTs.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My laminated one has lasted since they came out with the lifetime. What the heck are you guys doing to them?

My whole wallet (yes, I said wallet) went through the washer and dryer once. My laminated Larry didn't survive that trip. Fortunately it was only a copy. I had another get a little sloppy on a canoe trip, but it survived with only minimal bleeding around the signature.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    My whole wallet (yes, I said wallet) went through the washer and dryer once. My laminated Larry didn't survive that trip. Fortunately it was only a copy. I had another get a little sloppy on a canoe trip, but it survived with only minimal bleeding around the signature.

Just a few weeks ago I washed my wallet twice in the same week. Destroyed two non-laminated copies.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    My original LTCH has been through the wash several times. I had it laminated at a print shop. For a couple bucks. Did you guys laminate yourselves or did the business you took it to do a lousy job?

Top Bottom