It's not officially approved yet but:
    S&W M&P full size and midsize
    Springfield XD service and tactical models
    Springfield XDm 4.5 and 5.25
    Sig Sauer P250, P220, P260, P227
    Beretta Px4 Storm full size
    FNH USA FNX-45 and FNS-45
    That's what the list says anyway

Who made this list?? Sig P260, P227? The FNS 45 isn't even available yet.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    ANYONE remember tha "Miami Dade" shootout ????? Back in 1986, THAT is why "they" had one "issue" gun..... JMHO ..... :twocents:
    Agreed. Locally most guys carry Glock 22's or 23's (with 22 spare mags), but its optional. I think its almost selfish to carry and XD when you're one in 50 doing so, but there's obviously something to be said for carrying what you're proficient with.

......and then there's also something to be said for being proficient with what you carry. Magazine interchangeability.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not sure about this particular case but in general the days of the trigger cocking aka DA/SA pistols are about done.

Better let the U.S. Secret Service, US Coast Guard as well as several other State Police agencies in on that. There are several good points to all existing firearms designs. While each of us has their own personal preference no design is any better than the other. It boils down to how well the agencies training program is.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If there's no bad design, any agency/dept use high point? :):

There's no bad basic design as far as how they operate DA/SA/ DAO/ SAO/ Striker etc is what I refered to. I never said their were not Cheap or low Qaulity firearms. We all know there are a lot of those model's around!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Better let the U.S. Secret Service, US Coast Guard as well as several other State Police agencies in on that. There are several good points to all existing firearms designs. While each of us has their own personal preference no design is any better than the other. It boils down to how well the agencies training program is.

Some people still own and drive Model-T's too doesn't mean it isn't an outdated concept. They still run but I don't think you can argue that the striker fired guns have taken over and that's where the trend is. The fact that some State Police still use them may be due more to institutional legacy than anything. MI has used Sigs for years but recently switched to DAK versions which is as close as they can get. Not knocking anybody's pet DA/SA's I have a couple myself and love P220's.

Top Bottom