• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    With the Gen 4 problems from the get-go... I'm actually not surprised of the consideration or thought of switching to M&P.

I loved my M&P9 and carried it for a long time... But have been EDC'ing my Glock 22 since the beginning of the year.
    Would be very cool to see some M&P love from ISP! :rockwoot:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would've thought they'd go from 9 to 40, not 45 due to ballistics vs mag capacity.

Not bashing 45 at all, just would've thought they'd want more rounds in the mag. :dunno:

It's all speculation anyway right? ;)

Some departments are getting away from the .40 and going back to 9 and/or .45. It's not the first time i've heard of it.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    about 6mos ag a gentleman at blythes told me the same thing... i figured he was just trying to sell me that gun... maybe s&w was paying for a promotion !

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    He said the ISP was cancelling all contract agreements with Glock because of the issues they've had out of Gen 4's.

Don't see how that would affect the ISP, since they are issued Gen3 G17s. :dunno:

A gentleman that works at Kieslers told me last week they were going to be getting in a ton of Glock 22 Police trade ins

That may well be, but they won't be from the ISP (see above).

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I was in the Valpo Blythe's last week checking out a S&W Shield. One of the workers was telling me the ISP is going to move away from the Glock to S&W M&P 9 and 40. Glock has pretty much been the gold standard for law enforcement. My son has a M&P 40, love the gun.

The rumor is that they will be going to the Glock 21, but it hasn't been confirmed!

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    The rumor is that they will be going to the Glock 21, but it hasn't been confirmed!

One of my best buddies is a troop. He's told me that they are looking at the M&P pretty hard. Not heard that they are going with the 45, but most likely are going away from the 9mm.

Who knows... I guess we'll all find out in the future.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    One of my best buddies is a troop. He's told me that they are looking at the M&P pretty hard. Not heard that they are going with the 45, but most likely are going away from the 9mm.

Who knows... I guess we'll all find out in the future.

The guy above you probably knows best.

Blythes in general :n00b: talk about a rumor mill

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Adams County Sheriff Dept, Decatur Police Department and Allen County Sheriff Dept all carry Sig Sauer P220's

A move to M&P 40's or 45's would be a good move. Excellent pistols, very accurate, reliable and with S&W M&P's taking EUROPEAN agency contracts away from Glock, that says something about the weapon.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My neighbor is fairly senior in the ISP and he told me that they were moving away from Glocks too. I don't recall what gun he said they were moving too, but he thought it was going to be in .45 ACP. He said the same thing about someone not being happy with the Glock issues they've been having.

Top Bottom