• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I was in the Valpo Blythe's last week checking out a S&W Shield. One of the workers was telling me the ISP is going to move away from the Glock to S&W M&P 9 and 40. Glock has pretty much been the gold standard for law enforcement. My son has a M&P 40, love the gun.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    This is what a state trooper told me a few weeks ago. He said the ISP was cancelling all contract agreements with Glock because of the issues they've had out of Gen 4's.

I remember hearing through the grapevine that there are numerous departments around he country doing the same, but I haven't looked into it much cuz frankly I don't care.

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    Whatever. Everybody has a personal preference, every department has a personal preference. Glocks are still uber prominent (plus I've got a Gen 3...so I'm good).

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    A close friend of mine, who is an ISP trooper, just said they are getting new glock .45acp. They are moving from the 9mm. They wanted to go with a Springfield XD or S&W M&P. The superintendent however is a glock guy, so they are sticking with them.
    He was just issued a new 9mm and will be getting another new pistol soon.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I would've thought they'd go from 9 to 40, not 45 due to ballistics vs mag capacity.

Not bashing 45 at all, just would've thought they'd want more rounds in the mag. :dunno:

It's all speculation anyway right? ;)

Top Bottom