March 28, 29, 2009
    At the Riley Conservation Club
    Six Stages 147 rounds
    Entry Fee $40 for pre registration $55 after March 15
    Plaques to all class and division winners
    Three guns given away via random draw
    1 to a single stack competitor
    1 to a production competitor
    1 to a staff member ( Staff have two chances but can only win one gun)

Match application will hopefully be up on Wabash Valley Practical Pistol Shooters by mid week.

If you cannot wait pm your email and I will email the application to you. Limited to the first 100 shooters.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Great! I hope rhino is going to email applications soon to his distribution list. It will be a good time.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    wow, that looks like a LOT of fun and right in my back yard! But BOY does that look intemidating!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to participate but just looking at the layouts has me overwhelmed!

So when you say 'single stack' Im assuming any single stack pistol? or is that slanted towards 1911s? and what is 'production'? I could probalby fill this page with questions so is there an FAQ or website I should look at?

thanks!
    clay

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Single Stack and Production Division, as defined by USPSA rules. Single Stack division is for single stack 1911 style pistols, not just any gun that has a single stack magazine, if that helps to answer your question.

I understand that this is a Level 2 USPSA match. This means that it is basically a typical USPSA match, only more official. As a shooter, you probably won't notice much difference. Most of the difference is in the way the match is prepared and ran.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    wow, that looks like a LOT of fun and right in my back yard! But BOY does that look intemidating!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to participate but just looking at the layouts has me overwhelmed!

So when you say 'single stack' Im assuming any single stack pistol? or is that slanted towards 1911s? and what is 'production'? I could probalby fill this page with questions so is there an FAQ or website I should look at?

thanks!
    clay

Clay, I would recommend trying the regular monthly USPSA match at RileyCC on the third Sunday of March (the next opportunity since our season just ended yesterday). There is also a match at South Central Practical Shooters { www.practicalshooters.com } the first Sunday of December. There's nothing "wrong" with starting with "big match," but people will be less available to help you and answer questions than they would be at a regular monthly match.

If you want to know more about USPSA, go to United States Practical Shooting Association.

If you want to know more about how to participate in a USPSA match, enroll in ACT's next "Introduction to Competition Shooting" class.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Excellent! Thanks for the info! I think your right, if this is a 'big matc' then my best bet would be just to watch that day, and hit up a regular more casual match.

Thanks again!
    clay

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Will it be a 1 or 2 day match?

March 28, 29, 2009
    At the Riley Conservation Club
    Six Stages 147 rounds
    Entry Fee $40 for pre registration $55 after March 15
    Plaques to all class and division winners
    Three guns given away via random draw
    1 to a single stack competitor
    1 to a production competitor
    1 to a staff member ( Staff have two chances but can only win one gun)

Match application will hopefully be up on Wabash Valley Practical Pistol Shooters by mid week.

If you cannot wait pm your email and I will email the application to you. Limited to the first 100 shooters.

Coach,

I am guessing that it will be a 1 day match but wanted to be sure.

Thanks

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Doug,

Sorry for the delay. I won't bother you with my excuses. But yes it will be shot in one day. We hope to have 30 plus staff shoot Saturday afternoon, and are hoping for 70 more on Sunday.

The RCC range will have some dirt work done and improvement made by Thanksgiving. The Horse shoe bay will be deep, longer and be three sided. The Hole will have a berm onthe north side and will be wide and more level.

Should help us have the best possible stages for this match. Which will be a club match on steriods with a chance to win a plaque and a gun.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    About fifteen slots left and this match will be full. If you want to shoot you need to get your application and money in to Jake.

Gun giveaways will be a Springfield .45 for single stanck and an XDM for Production.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    104 shooters signed up counting staff. 100 was the goal. we have room for about 5-10.

Top Bottom