• ...and so much more!
  • DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Sunday Squad 4

I will be shooting with friends on Sunday Squad 4. Unless I missed someone we will be the only squad made up of all one type weapon. All single stack.

Come on Sunday!!!!!!!!!! :):

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Someone should have thought to include Limited 10 in this match and not force a guy to go to a second rate gun:)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Limited 10 so that I can shoot my regular gun and score major. Alas not an option for this one. So it is production which is normally humbling. An M&P is not a Limited Gun. I need to find a way to carry my limited gun!

I think I am experiencing separation anxiety.:)

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Limited 10 so that I can shoot my regular gun and score major. Alas not an option for this one. So it is production which is normally humbling. An M&P is not a Limited Gun. I need to find a way to carry my limited gun!

So what you're saying is that you're afraid of having to break down a stage and reloading without the aid of a funnel the size of Texas? :D I'm looking forward to shooting the same division as you for a change. It's going to be fun.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute

i have to give up my reddot and point shoot the whole match....

what is it you keep saying? harden the f&*k up....

just sayin'...

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

I've only shot a couple fairly informal (but safe) IDPA matches in the past.

For future reference:

Do these matches here allow reloaded ammo? Some do and some do not. If so, is there a minimum power factor? When I reload, I like to stick to the lower to middle loads, so I feel safer using my disk powder thrower.

How many rounds per stage? With IDPA I've just used two mags I keep for gaming and practice. My Wilson Combat mags are for serious work.

Any other stuff I should know?

Thanks!

P.S. Never have used other than military sights on handguns, and don't plan to start.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So what you're saying is that you're afraid of having to break down a stage and reloading without the aid of a funnel the size of Texas? :D I'm looking forward to shooting the same division as you for a change. It's going to be fun.

Afraid has nothing to do with it. And the mag well is not a factor either.

I ****** trigger that breaks in half and a front sight that blends in to well everything.

This sounds like a challenge. Do you desire to make any other statements?

My goal is to shoot higher than my national percentage of Bob Vogels score. I am a B class in Production but never shot a B class classifier because I have not shot it in years.

In the process of hardening up!:patriot:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hello,

I've only shot a couple fairly informal (but safe) IDPA matches in the past.

For future reference:

Do these matches here allow reloaded ammo? Some do and some do not. If so, is there a minimum power factor? When I reload, I like to stick to the lower to middle loads, so I feel safer using my disk powder thrower.

Yes they do. Club level match are on the honor system as far as declared powerfacter.

How many rounds per stage? With IDPA I've just used two mags I keep for gaming and practice. My Wilson Combat mags are for serious work.

Some stages get as large as 32 rounds. one big difference from IDPA is round count, no shooting vest required and freestyle plans of attack.

Any other stuff I should know?

Thanks!

P.S. Never have used other than military sights on handguns, and don't plan to start.

Sights are optional, so is using them. It does help to use them though.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Afraid has nothing to do with it. And the mag well is not a factor either.

I ****** trigger that breaks in half and a front sight that blends in to well everything.

This sounds like a challenge. Do you desire to make any other statements?

My goal is to shoot higher than my national percentage of Bob Vogels score. I am a B class in Production but never shot a B class classifier because I have not shot it in years.

In the process of hardening up!:patriot:
    I just had to bust your balls... you sounded too much like you were whining. HTFU came to mind. I agree that the M&P trigger sucks with it's Sigma-like hinged trigger, but there isn't much you can do about that besides using a better gun. :)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I just had to bust your balls... you sounded too much like you were whining. HTFU came to mind. I agree that the M&P trigger sucks with it's Sigma-like hinged trigger, but there isn't much you can do about that besides using a better gun. :)

S&W's new long M&P is made for just such occasions. Pretty nice piece, but I'll stick with the G34.

Sounds like Coach and Nathan should make a little "buy my dinner" wager :D

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    About that... how in the hell? You're at a 50.23% for Production, and B class starts at 60%. Please explain, am I missing something?

S&W's new long M&P is made for just such occasions. Pretty nice piece, but I'll stick with the G34.

Sounds like Coach and Nathan should make a little "buy my dinner" wager :D
    The M&P Pro and 9L are 5 inch guns, which is preferred for the game, but that still doesn't fix the spongy trigger. I'll leave it at that, since I don't want to start a Glock vs. M&P debate here.

Wager? Nah, he'll still kick my ass. Just by not as much as usual. :):

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

I was pouting and whining a little. I have HTFU!:yesway:

I have set my goal for the match, and have all the sand washed out of the cracks.

I have to stop and buy another magazine tomorrow because I put that high cap thing on one of mine and I don't want to change it back. Jake will bump me to open if I don't change it.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    you can only have a classification one level lower than your highest. coach is still AT LEAST a "B" competitor regardless of firearm.
    Is that in the rulebook somewhere? If so, I really don't remember anything about that. Makes sense though. I have no doubt that Coach can compete in B Class with anything, except with maybe a revolver... never seen him shoot one.

I was pouting and whining a little. I have HTFU!:yesway:

I have set my goal for the match, and have all the sand washed out of the cracks.

I have to stop and buy another magazine tomorrow because I put that high cap thing on one of mine and I don't want to change it back. Jake will bump me to open if I don't change it.
    Good to hear. I'm looking forward to the match.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Is that in the rulebook somewhere? If so, I really don't remember anything about that. Makes sense though. I have no doubt that Coach can compete in B Class with anything, except with maybe a revolver... never seen him shoot one.

Good to hear. I'm looking forward to the match.

I have a .44 magnum with a 10.5 inch barrel. I have made some good shots on stray dogs and one wild boar with.:D

Top Bottom