• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So are you saying it does not make it a GFZ?

I was saying that it basically replaces guards which really are nothing more then a visual deterant at best. The typical bank robber is going to hit the doors and get stopped in the vestibule and since they are in flight mode they will leave and choose an easier target. They are very effective.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I'd be changing banks in this case. It's one thing to post a sign and it's a whole other to install a metal detector. Find yourself a different bank and avoid the hassle entirely.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    So I went to this branch Saturday to deposit some checks and make a car payment. Pulled in the parking lot and there were five people waiting outside the front door. There was a red light on the left side of the door that was on and it looked like someone was just inside the door. Went around to the drive thru and there were at least 4-5 vehicles in each lane. When I got up to the vaccum tube I realized my old neighbor was working the drive thru and was going to ask her what was going on but she was pretty busy and pleasantries and how are the sons was the only thing exchanged over the speaker. As I pulled out three different people were now standing outside the door waiting to get in I assume.
    I normally go to the drive thur if I can and the old Warren Township CU at 10th & Post is now a IMCU so I Frequent that branch since it is closer to home. Still go to the drive thru 95% of the time. Next time I see the old neighbor I will ask her what her take is on the new door.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    This bank would do better putting a huge sign at all entrances:

WARNING:
    ALL OUR TELLERS ARE ARMED

ROBBERS WILL BE SHOT

So here I go stating the obvious: No metal detector is going to stop someone entering the premises with a gun who has the intention of using it to rob them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Keep setting the detector off with non-gun stuff. Sooner or later, most people turn them off because they're tired of false alarms.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Keep setting the detector off with non-gun stuff. Sooner or later, most people turn them off because they're tired of false alarms.
    ^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^
    or lost of customer coming in and then clogging up the drive thru for stuff that needs to be taking care of inside.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This bank would do better putting a huge sign at all entrances:

WARNING:
    ALL OUR TELLERS ARE ARMED

ROBBERS WILL BE SHOT

So here I go stating the obvious: No metal detector is going to stop someone entering the premises with a gun who has the intention of using it to rob them.

Your wrong, it will stop armed robbers. I've seen it time and time again. I guess you don't understand how the units work.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Your wrong, it will stop armed robbers. I've seen it time and time again. I guess you don't understand how the units work.
    Maybe at that bank it did but what about the bank down the street. Are you tilling us that if all banks had this their would be no more armed robbers at banks?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Yes they are. But unless security is off duty LEO it is a total joke.

What?? You mean that only cops know how to handle guns? Is that REALLY what you are saying Churchmouse?

If what you mean is that most private security is a joke - then fair. But I know a lot of off duty Officer Cheeseburger's that wouldn't be a great choice either!

(For the record, I know a few that would be great at it). Great cop doesn't equal great security guard any more than great employee equals great manager. Different skill sets.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Yes they are. But unless security is off duty LEO it is a total joke.

i am essentially a paid witness. (oh boy security guard). and what your wrote is the most asinine thing i've read on this forum in months. i have thousands of rounds downrange this year alone including static and mobile targets. hours upon hours of training, and force on force to boot. yes.. guess im a big joke. thanks.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Maybe at that bank it did but what about the bank down the street. Are you tilling us that if all banks had this their would be no more armed robbers at banks?

Having these at one bank would naturally push the robbers off to another bank or easier target.

Yes I'm saying if banks have them and they are used properly they would deter 99 percent of armed robberies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OK - So this new device will deter bank robbers AND deter gun owners from banking there.

Cool. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't hesitate to pull my money out and go to a bank that actually wants my business.
    As it is now, the post office is the only place that I don't carry my guns.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    OK - So this new device will deter bank robbers AND deter gun owners from banking there.

Cool. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't hesitate to pull my money out and go to a bank that actually wants my business.
    As it is now, the post office is the only place that I don't carry my guns.
    Its worth the price. Why wouldn't you carry at the post office?

Top Bottom