• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What?? You mean that only cops know how to handle guns? Is that REALLY what you are saying Churchmouse?

If what you mean is that most private security is a joke - then fair. But I know a lot of off duty Officer Cheeseburger's that wouldn't be a great choice either!

(For the record, I know a few that would be great at it). Great cop doesn't equal great security guard any more than great employee equals great manager. Different skill sets.

I think he's say that an actual LEO is a better deterrent; which I'd agree with.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i am essentially a paid witness. (oh boy security guard). and what your wrote is the most asinine thing i've read on this forum in months. i have thousands of rounds downrange this year alone including static and mobile targets. hours upon hours of training, and force on force to boot. yes.. guess im a big joke. thanks.

No security guards aren't a joke. I respect the job that many of those guys do, because often you guys don't get the recognition you deserve. However, the fact remains that bad guys would rather "tussle" with a security guard than an actual officer. When banks hire off-duty officers, there no mistaking the "Police" or "Sheriff" emblazoned across the vehicle sitting in the parking lot with "Security." And given that many security guards don't even carry weapons, or have the perception of be less trained they're viewed as less of a threat. In my experience, I have seen a number of armed security guards that have had the stuffing beat out of them while they were on duty, and many have a "call a cop first" policy, and are forbidden from actively engaging a threat. You may be different, but that's what I've seen.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Criminals know the penalties attached to assaulting a police officer.This is probably one reason that they are more effective in a security situation... I did spend a couple of years stocking ATMs, and moving money to banks up in the city. I will have to say that a time or two I responded to "joking" threats in ways that might have brought some trouble to an LEO.

shanksinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    My bank has a man trap too, and it's a huge PITA even not taking the gun into account. We went in there a few months back to sign a car loan, and took the kids, since it was going to take awhile. Took us several minutes to get through the man trap one at a time. Very annoying.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You guys think man traps are annoying? That's cute. Imagine if you worked in CIT.

I HATE banks that have these doors installed. Try pushing 500 lbs of coin on a two wheel cart through a set of these doors, then tell me how annoying they are.

I cannot express how much of a pain in the ass they are. Fortunately, of the dozens of banks I visit daily, only four have these detectors and doors. I have only seen one "no firearms" sign.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You guys think man traps are annoying? That's cute. Imagine if you worked in CIT.

I HATE banks that have these doors installed. Try pushing 500 lbs of coin on a two wheel cart through a set of these doors, then tell me how annoying they are.

I cannot express how much of a pain in the ass they are. Fortunately, of the dozens of banks I visit daily, only four have these detectors and doors. I have only seen one "no firearms" sign.

My standards of "annoying" vary depending on if I am being paid,
    or if I am giving someone my money.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Isn't their more than one door to a bank. All you have to do is wait outside by the back door until someone takes a smoke break or goes out to lunch.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    funny if the detector goes off if a women has her Ben Wa Balls

You're right. It would.
    They should have a sign on the door warning people to leave their balls in the car. :n00b:

What you don't know is that Ben Wa Balls have been used as a medical treatment to help with urinary incontinence.........................in women.

Oops - I probably shouldn't know that.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    You're right. It would.
    They should have a sign on the door warning people to leave their balls in the car. :n00b:

What you don't know is that Ben Wa Balls have been used as a medical treatment to help with urinary incontinence.........................in women.

Oops - I probably shouldn't know that.

And I though the Ben Wa Balls were a S E X TOY:):

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I tell yas its a big pain in the ass when you see 15 people waiting to get thru a door and 45 cars who dont want to wait inside are now waiting extensivly outside. Now there is a IMCU right past 10th on post right hand side, 1/2 mile away, that is much quicker.

If it works for "them"......i guess thats all that matters ey?

I havn't been into the lobby in a week or so, today to take out some change and see if ol gameboy is still playin on his phone. Im certain he can relax alot more since they installed that door.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Like I said go stand outside a bank and wait for them to use the other door for "smoke or lunch breaks." I bet you don't last very long before PD rolls up on you and you are answering some tough questions.
    All it takes is to find out when employees are leaving/entering the building, again you don't think outside the box much do you? I bet you think gun control works too.

Top Bottom