• Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Done again...

I guess the R's are so busy raising our taxes that getting a vote on 2nd Amendment issues is just too much work...the D's must be laughing gleefully behind their hands.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    According to an article by Tim Swarens in the Indy Star, Senator Bray has "signaled that HB1071 will not get a hearing." Guys, I think Senator Bray needs to hear from everyone that wants to see Constitutional carry and that wants to see, more importantly, the victims of abusers able to stop those abusers.

His email is Senator.Bray@iga.in.gov

If you want to see this pass, drop him a polite but clear note.

Example:
    Dear Senator Bray,

I support HB1071 and ask that you please do likewise and give it a hearing in your committee. It may not pass even with your support. It definitely will not pass without it.

Thank you!

(sign note here)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    After catching most of Guy's show this evening I'm not real warm or fuzzy about HB 1071 (with the Constitutional Carry Summer Study amendment) getting out of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Time to press the issue hard.

xjrguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Now this is The Easy Button!

Hear, Hear!!

Letters for myself and the wife are sent; although I expect very little from the Dems. The wife sent letters to all our Reps about the silly Red Line vote. One Dem actually answered stating his vote would be in opposition to her views. I would have felt better if he had kept quiet. }}fume{{

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    That is what the text of Representative Lucas's Facebook post was. I don't have any details yet comma but I'm looking forward to reading the amendment and hoping it passes. It's about time that we force everyone to realize that self-defense is a natural right not one given by the pink card

dchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    Walkerton
    From his post comments:

"We just amended the ConCarry summer study language into SB191 in the House Public Policy Committee to cover all bases.
    This is a very good thing!"

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I think more than just Const. Carry was amended in and it appears it may also have been amended to SB43 (ETA Nope, I was tired when I read them last night) ... both SB 191 and SB 43 passed Public Policy Committee today ... on to the house and on to the conference committee ...

AND someone give that DEVIL DOG a new bone - he's chewing this one up!
    (and we approve!)

ETA:

Link to Markup Amendment to SB 43: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017...mmittee_public_policy_1600/#document-9bf993cd

Link to Markup Amentment to SB 191: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017...mmittee_public_policy_1600/#document-d346b378

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think more than just Const. Carry was amended in and it appears it may also have been amended to SB43 (ETA Nope, I was tired when I read them last night) ... both SB 191 and SB 43 passed Public Policy Committee today ... on to the house and on to the conference committee ...

AND someone give that DEVIL DOG a new bone - he's chewing this one up!
    (and we approve!)

ETA:

Link to Markup Amendment to SB 43: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017...mmittee_public_policy_1600/#document-9bf993cd

Link to Markup Amentment to SB 191: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017...mmittee_public_policy_1600/#document-d346b378

Just to make sure I'm tracking, HB 1071 with the Constitutional Carry Summer Study Amendment is now an amendment in SB 191. SB 191 is now in the Public Policy Committee in the House (Chaired by Rep Ben Smaltz) and we are progressing despite Senator Bray letting the HB 1071 die in the Judiciary Committee?? Am I tracking on this Brother Bill?

Top Bottom