Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Do these online petitions ever amount to anything? My wife filed for an exemption at IU health due to a neurological issue that was caused by the flu vaccine a few years ago. A few years ago they gave her a lifetime flu shot exemption but she was rejected on the covid exemption. I guess they know her health better than she does.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Good.
    Half the staff don't show up, and they'll have to rethink.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm not a fan of Change.org, but I think I'll have to sign that petition, as well as get my religious exemption filed. They're ass holes for pushing this :poop: in the first place. There are so many brain washed morons happy to get it, they should leave the rest of us alone.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Got an email yesterday stating all employees have one month to get vaccinated unless they have a legit medical or religious exemption. Guess I may be retiring, again.
    Sorry, but the clue occurred decades ago when Reagan fired all the striking air traffic controllers. Employment is an agreement between two parties, not a right, and either can terminate it for almost any reason. If someone’s trying to make the case Nuremberg is applicable, good luck with that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sorry, but the clue occurred decades ago when Reagan fired all the striking air traffic controllers. Employment is an agreement between two parties, not a right, and either can terminate it for almost any reason. If someone’s trying to make the case Nuremberg is applicable, good luck with that.
    Yeah, I'm well aware of everything you posted. Not sure where I indicated otherwise. It is what it is, I was simply adding to the instances being discussed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All employees of the Law Office of Kirk Freeman are vaccinated, but I did not require it.

I DO require that they greet me every morning with "You Da Man" and . . . "fire Colt's management." Gets me through the day.
    We have no vaccination requirement, but the unvaccinated still have to wear masks when they are in common areas.

Typical lawyer "problem"- the original draft of our latest COVID policy referred to being fully vaccinated with Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccines. As is my way, being an outlier, I pointed out the problem that at least one person in the firm was fully vaccinated, but not with any of those. We "solved" the problem in a non-typical lawyer way by inserting a single word so that the policy now refers to being fully vaccinated with a vaccine "like".....

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    We have no vaccination requirement, but the unvaccinated still have to wear masks when they are in common areas.

Typical lawyer "problem"- the original draft of our latest COVID policy referred to being fully vaccinated with Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccines. As is my way, being an outlier, I pointed out the problem that at least one person in the firm was fully vaccinated, but not with any of those. We "solved" the problem in a non-typical lawyer way by inserting a single word so that the policy now refers to being fully vaccinated with a vaccine "like".....
    I am going to cry fowl here. Why would you want to solve a concern with a common word?

Dangerous precedent could be set with using a little uncommon sense.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am going to cry fowl here. Why would you want to solve a concern with a common word?

Dangerous precedent could be set with using a little uncommon sense.
    I think the key is that because it was an internal matter, no one was paying us.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My buddy on my team just got his religious exemption approved yesterday, so I went ahead and submitted mine. Hoping it gets approved.

I won't even talk about how poorly I think of the organization now, since they sent out an exemption for 100% teleworkers on one day and the next turned around and said it was a "miscommunication"... :rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Perhaps Vitamin D pills in the break room? That'll fix it.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I saw that more large companies are requiring a shot. Statistically if only half the workforce did get the shot, and a large percentage of the remaining refuse, it'll contribute greatly to the current economic slowdown. So many job openings and help wanted signs right now, so let's add some fuel to the fire:flamethrower:

I hope everyone does well with retaining their job, if they wish to. This fluid situation could turn around at any time. I recall rolling into 2021 hearing and thinking "It'll be better than 2020". :ugh:

Top Bottom