Indiana Black Expo, what are you doing to get ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    from my experiences in situations where a crowd is all black and a black guy shows up with white people, que might not be welcome either.

we once got bounced out of a club and were told to "take your uncle tom with you". ive had similar situations 3 or 4 times. :dunno:

Well, I can't say that COULDN'T happen, but I can say that has NEVER happened at any time in my life. I tend not to hang around people who would even be concerned about the color of your skin. Also, from my experience in similar situations, I ignore the instigator and continue having fun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Lovely video, especially at the end...I wonder if they'll have a booth at the expo.
    Hot Air Video: The nice young man Eric Holder let off the hook

Eric Holder is set to investigate an LEO who shot a black man, whose trial caused the recent Oakland riots

Is this an example of a racist agenda of the Obama admin? :dunno:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    You got a youtube account?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MQtPl5t2ik

You have to be registered, and above the age of 18, no issues.

This video is incredibly violent, but shows the nature of the 'hood' and certainly what you can expect in Indy and Black Expo.

I wonder why these Asians were singled out? Easy victims? :dunno:

I watched the first 20 seconds or so of this video and turned it off. God help some SOB who tries to punch me through my window. I may not have enough rounds to go around, but the closest one is sure going to get the "message".

Staying in Evansville.

Me and you Jimmy, we can have our own expo. Invite some of the other E'ville area boys and get busy....word

When I was stationed in Norfolk, VA. The CO would publish the P.O.D. (Plan of the Day) and make sure it was in large black letters that the 'Black Expo' was going on and to make sure the "Non-Expo" participants stayed away. Basically, if you're white, do go down there.

I remember one year, either two or three sailors from one of the Aircraft Carriers went with some of their black friends and got killed. The black guys who brought them were beaten pretty bad too.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Given the historical record of this event, it would be wise for people of all types, colors, sizes, creeds, races, ethnicities, religions, species, shapes, etc. to avoid downtown Indy during the event.

But then I'm a silly person who prefers to avoid places where bad things are more likely to happen than other places.

^^This. Once again, we see the reason why it is so often said: Rhino is wise.

It is often said that we do not carry because we're looking for trouble. I've personally quoted the advice that I once saw: If I wouldn't go somewhere unarmed, I try not to go there armed, or if I must, I find a way to do it safely, or at least more safely. Why? Simple: I don't want to shoot anyone. If I have to, I'm prepared for that, I think. Won't know unless I have to do it, but that's why I've trained for it.

As was said upthread, I avoid going to biker bars for the same reason I avoid IBE, for the same reason I avoid dark alleys. I have no desire to be a victim, either.

Que, the IBE might be just fine. I think your offer is kind as well as generous. As has been said (I think by you), the problem is not in the events, it is afterward when there are young people with no money, no manners, and no supervision left to their own devices, and as I've said repeatedly, this is not a Black problem.

I hope someone who doesn't realize that takes you up on the offer and gets their eyes opened.

Blessings,
    Bill

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Long post, condensed.

Social/cultural roadblocks are responsible for this. I've personally noticed this amongst the liberal minded.
    The worse part of it, I've also seen the situations where the group of white folks, doesnt put them on a soapbox, and watch out for the accusations of racism, bigotry to start flying.

redneckmedic - YEEEEEHAW!!! Wait was that racist against whites in the country? :RollsEyes:..

I actually just saw the Polly shore movie, Inlaws, I think it's called. I hope this doesnt get me banned, but I think that movie is really funny.

JetGirl - Actually think YOUR idea is a good one. Indiana could use a Gun Owners Expo.

45calibre - How many folks there do you think were illegally armed? convicts? Best thing to do in a situation like that, keep friggin driving, it's a situation where you are asking for what you get.

I have a wife and children, and simply cannot risk they're safety for liberal fluff over cultural differences.

im gonna say one MAYBE two people in the mob were armed if anything. they probably were not armed at all, but i would have been. bangers typicaly tend to have one person with the gun as a "runner" since everyone else is legit. when cops show up people run making it harder to catch the one guy whos hot.

if that were me in the car it is very likely that someone else in the vehicle would also be armed with me. when he started swinging he hit both driver and passenger. i would have drawn, as well as the other person in my vehicle. he wasnt exactly jabbing either, he was trying to tear their heads off.

he kept telling the guy to move his car, and HE decided to use force. on an innocent person. i really really hate people like that. people like that guy are the scum of the earth, bastards who think that they can just do what they want to whoever they want. i refuse to lay down for people like him, people who do lay down are the reason he is doing that in the first place. walking over people just gives him confidence. i would have done what i said i would have done and he would have received what he asked for.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I arrested an individual dropping beer bottles from the 10th floor deck of the Embassy Suites a few years ago when I moonlighted there.

I had no less than 20 IA complaints lodged against me that night and the next day.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I work downtown. There is a liquor store across the street from my place of employment that had the front window smashed out a few years ago. The Monday morning following the end of BE, the streets are littered with trash every year. Our parking lot is always full of cans, bottles, and other garbage. This does not happen at any other downtown event. :noway:

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    getting ready to repair alot of monuments downtown,i love any black event downtown.keeps me working.so boys tear them all up and thank you

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I like learning about other cultures but you will NOT see me in Indy during this event. I went to a BB King concert at Northern Illinois University a few years ago. I saw a map of the campus before the show and they had a black culture studies building there. We get to the show and there are only about 4000 people there. I think I could have counted the number of black people on both hands. Now if it had been a 50 cent concert, it would have been a totally different atmosphere. Granted, not many people like the Blues but you'd think that if people were taking classes on black culture, they'd at least show up to see one of the biggest legends of black music ever. I'd like to go to the Chicago Blues Festival sometime but I'm not chancing that one either.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I like learning about other cultures but you will NOT see me in Indy during this event. I went to a BB King concert at Northern Illinois University a few years ago. I saw a map of the campus before the show and they had a black culture studies building there. We get to the show and there are only about 4000 people there. I think I could have counted the number of black people on both hands. Now if it had been a 50 cent concert, it would have been a totally different atmosphere. Granted, not many people like the Blues but you'd think that if people were taking classes on black culture, they'd at least show up to see one of the biggest legends of black music ever. I'd like to go to the Chicago Blues Festival sometime but I'm not chancing that one either.

Help me understand what you are saying?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Help me understand what you are saying?

I think it is pretty self explanatory...He went to a concert at a University with an entire building dedicated to black culture, but was surprised to see only a handful(or 2) of black people to show up to one of the biggest black music legends ever. If you are thinking deeper than that, I don't think you should. I've read plenty of hornadylnl's posts to know there wasn't an ulterior motive to the post you quoted.:twocents:

BTW, I've never seen BB King, but I sure as hell would love to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom