• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Yeah, they weren't in trouble until they were. Maybe too dumb to see the (political) weather changing.
    Speaking of loads, they can always go to truck driving school after they are fired and make fairly decent money.
    Damn shame, but the clowns in this admin sure don't have your six. But it's your chin....lead with it if you want to.

You have such a pleasant way with words. Ever thought of being a motivational speaker?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I heard an officer last night say that the Chief was at their roll call to explain why he made his recommendation. The officer's take on it was that primarily because even though the guy was digging around in the console and not following commands he never turned toward them in a threatening manner. There may have been more to it but in conversation that was what he took away from it.

I hate seeing two officers that we ask to make life and death decisions in real time, lose their job while being cleared of criminal wrong doing. Not to mention that I would speculate it could impact the civil case by establishing that they either did something wrong or could have done something differently. I remember an officer several years ago that was video taped using excessive force, the chief at the time recommend termination but the merit board chose to retrain the officer in use of force. To my knowledge he hasn't been in an more trouble.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I kinda think the cops overreacted a bit. It's not me in the situation, so take that for what it's worth. But pragmatically. Really. If you have an armed police officer yelling at you to stop doing what you're doing, especially if you're a black male. Why the **** wouldn't you stop? Why wouldn't you comply, especially given all the hyper-publicity of cops shooting blacks for not complying?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At what point in that video do you think the officer should have opened fire? I am not being a smart Alec, I sincerely want your and others opinions. Thx.

He should have never had to open fire. As soon as the guy ran up on him, it would have been "go" time. He would have never gotten back into his car to retrieve the gun.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So let’s disregard the first part of the Dinkheller video and move right to the point of the old man digging around in the truck. What should have the officer done, if anything, at that point ?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Point taken, but as I assume the video was posted in regards to digging, I was referring to after he made it back to his truck.

Given his previous actions, if the officer had shot him, it would have been a good shoot. You'd have to have a pretty good imagination to think he was reaching for his registration.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Will the FOP assist financially or/and legally in the 2 officers' defense when the perp's family sues them, even though the officers were fired?

I hope so.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Generally yes, if the lawsuit results from actions taken in the line of duty and not grossly negligent. It is something that can be voted down by the members, though.

Will the FOP assist financially or/and legally in the 2 officers' defense when the perp's family sues them, even though the officers were fired?

I hope so.

Answered up thread.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So let’s disregard the first part of the Dinkheller video and move right to the point of the old man digging around in the truck. What should have the officer done, if anything, at that point ?

After seeing the nutbag behavior prior to him digging around in his truck, the officer should have known that it was time to control the threat. You don't control threats by backing away and yelling at a nutcase. Close and engage. The officer was obviously hesitant or scared....or both.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    After seeing the nutbag behavior prior to him digging around in his truck, the officer should have known that it was time to control the threat. You don't control threats by backing away and yelling at a nutcase. Close and engage. The officer was obviously hesitant or scared....or both.

Do you know why he was hesitant?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When the dude exited his truck and started approaching the officer would it have been justified to deploy his tazer to detain the guy? I recall a video (maybe the same video) used in training several years ago (when I was a court deputy) and I determined it would have been a good shoot when he charged the officer. But that was before most departments had tazers and I have no idea how that changed the force continum

Top Bottom