Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    How did you manage to get banned from trad gang? lol

for posting pics of my new at the time custom elk bow
    101_0236.jpg

seems tewwy (Terry Green) has an issue with the bowyer (my friend) and didnt like pics of voodoos work on his site

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The bowhunters organization protects, preserves and enhances bowhunting. That is how it should be, but where I depart from that is when they do it at the expense of other hunting groups.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I too am a Pirate, got banned for life from AT :) and told the Tradgang folks to shove it after they continued spewing junk science and badmouthed anybody who disliked their cheap Cool-Aid.

I don't have a Pirate T shirt, but can often be spotted wearing those dumpster find ones that say "Blackwidow".

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I too am a Pirate, got banned for life from AT :) and told the Tradgang folks to shove it after they continued spewing junk science and badmouthed anybody who disliked their cheap Cool-Aid.

I don't have a Pirate T shirt, but can often be spotted wearing those dumpster find ones that say "Blackwidow".

Lol "dumpster find"

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    The pre rut, last week October or first week of November, always offers up the most deer activity. My biggest bucks have been taken with bows.
    Hey Trapper, not missing much on TG

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    that should be edited to say "compound bow" ;)

Yes, you are correct here, but the vast majority of bowhunters use a compound.

theres mucho magic and difficulty doing it with "trad" gear:rockwoot:

While it does in fact take MUCH more skill with a recurve/longbow I won't call it magic maybe, but it is MUCH more difficult I agree.

I have a buddy that shot recurves and hunted with them for years. He cannot pull a recurve back any longer so he uses a compound. We used to shoot 3D with him and his Black Widow, and me with my Bear Kodiak Magnum. To say I sucked would be a MAJOR understatement while he was so good I often asked him why he bothered with a compound. He had won many trophy's and was involved in setting up and organizing the Traditional Archery Nationals that are shot down around Cloverdale every year when it first started. I finally gave up on traditional archery as I just couldn't quite get it down.

BTW, nice collection of traditional gear!:yesway:

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    Halloween is the big buck witching day...

Be in the woods as much as possible from then until the end of November

I agree about Halloween being the big buck day. I saw the only monster non typical buck I've ever seen during a Halloween evening hunt 2 seasons ago.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Trad can be made rather easy.
    IMHO not learning bad habits is key, because one can shoot pretty well by doing stupid stuff repeatably (flexible system is easily corrupted, creating an offset for the next outing).

If you can throw a baseball well you can shoot a trad bow. You don't aim your baseball, but you do your arrow ;)

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    Bow hunting is the most gratifying and the most self demeaning hunting there is Imo. Good shot = success , bad shot = lots of nights asking your self about bow hunting. That being said pulling a big buck in bow range is one heck of a rush , the trick is knowing what really is in Your range....l.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Put it on and wear it to the next deer and turkey expo....pleeeease

Well I tell 'ya I would BUT, I got it so many years ago it ended up in the rag bag.:D

Please don't get me wrong, after trying traditional archery and working my a** off to get it down I had to come to the conclusion it just wasn't for me. I have respect for anyone who can shoot a recurve or longbow. I shot the 3D course down at the Traditional Archery Nationals a few years back and was amazed at the shooters there. My buddy Bob with his Black Widow was one of them. It simply appeared to be so natural for them and I have to admit I was somewhat jealous of their abilities.:bowdown: While I had fun there shooting, I really enjoyed the elk steaks a guy cooked up in his iron skillet with alot of butter when we were through. YUM!

When I said I had the shirt I was refering to compound bows.

Top Bottom