• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The core of the bowhunting only crowd is very vocal and organized the y hit the dnr with petitions and show up to dnr meetings they bring petitions and do their best to hog the floor they ar rabid about it and try to pass themselves as the majority

They are very similar to antihunters in their methods

I've heard then blow up there numbers with weighted polls beware the indiana bow hunters association

The group that you really need to keep an eye on is the bowhunter dominated Sportsman's Roundtable. It is supposedly an umbrella group for multiple outdoor organizations. The president is the legislative liason for the Indiana Bowhunters Association, so he knows the sytem inside and out.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    :+1:
    The core of the bowhunting only crowd is very vocal and organized the y hit the dnr with petitions and show up to dnr meetings they bring petitions and do their best to hog the floor they ar rabid about it and try to pass themselves as the majority

I've heard then blow up there numbers with weighted polls beware the indiana bow hunters association
    :+1: I have noticed this also. They already have the longest season of all the seasons but its not enough. I think they want it like Iowa were you have like a two firearms season and then a coulple weeks later you get a late season.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace

^THIS^ IN SPADES, especially the sentence highlighted in red. Don't forget the IDHA they are just as bad if not worse.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    So they've succeeded in claiming the rut all to themselves. :xmad:

Isn't it wonderful? If a person really does not care about the size of the deer, then it should not really matter. It's not like after the rut, the deer disappear until the next rut. So if you have to eat/feed family there are still plenty of them left in the woods. They only get really spooked after opening weekend of firearms season. Most firearms hunters only hunt 3 days at most. Most bow hunters hunt 20+ so there is something to be said for that. However, firearms hunters generate way more money for the state.(sales tax and license fees) There are also way more firearms hunters than archery hunters, so ban together and speak. IDNR meetings are open to public

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Isn't it wonderful? If a person really does not care about the size of the deer, then it should not really matter. It's not like after the rut, the deer disappear until the next rut. So if you have to eat/feed family there are still plenty of them left in the woods. They only get really spooked after opening weekend of firearms season. Most firearms hunters only hunt 3 days at most. Most bow hunters hunt 20+ so there is something to be said for that. However, firearms hunters generate way more money for the state.(sales tax and license fees) There are also way more firearms hunters than archery hunters, so ban together and speak. IDNR meetings are open to public

No what matters is when one group of hunters what to restrict the time other groups of hunters can spend in the woods. Rather selfish IMO.

I don't care what season the rut falls into, but the fix was to increase the bowhunting ONLY season at the expense of firearm hunters. For Christ's sake, bowhunters (myself included) already have from Oct. 1st until deer season ends, how much time do we think we are entitled to? Personally I want no part of restricting another hunter's opportunities.

Contrary to popular belief there is nothing magical or all that difficult hunting deer with a bow. Been there, done that, got the shirt.

:twocents:

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    if you can't beat them join them. Started bow hunting 4 years ago so that I could get an earlier crack at the deer. Now I like it better than firearms because I feel it takes more skill and patience to hunt with a bow.

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    I have a few lol. but not Bears.
    120_2198.jpg

Top Bottom