• ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Michael Waddell's Bone Collector

This hunting season, don't let some one arm push up, mancho man, loud mouth know it all, self proclaimed supermanish dillusion Grizzly Adams, tell you what to shoot or how to hunt! Hunting is a right, that gives you the right to do it how you want by the laws in those areas you hunt. Happy bloodtrails to ALL.

Well spoken if I must say so myself. Id use dynamite if it were legal lol!

Hunting is NOT a right. You buy a license from the state, that makes hunting a PRIVILEGE.

The Bone Collector folks have the resources to hunt places others could only dream of.

They are a marketing machine. His "great speak" is just "decent marketing".....
    as Horton sells a "Bone Collector" Crossbow.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Been bow hunting for years I just dont get all "jacked" up by it. Ive been sucessful and have taken many with my bow. I just use a bow because thats the law during the early archery season. Then when gun season starts I use a gun. Your not gonna find me sitting in a tree on opening day of gun season with anything other than a firearm. I love hunting period so I bow hunt just because I have too. One of my favorite days of hunting is the last day of early archery because then I know that its time for the boomsticks.

I feel guns are more ethical you dont have to worry about a twig deflecting your arrow and causing a less than disireable hit. You also wont have to worry about a NICE 10pt buck getting away from you because you couldnt get a shot at him because of some scrub brush in the way all the while watching him eat acorns at 20 yards for 10 minutes(If that story sounds personal it is:D) would it have been nice to kill the deer with a bow sure but he would have been in the back of the truck if it were gun season.

Matt, I agree with you 100%. I started seriously bowhunting deer about 10 years ago and I have now taken more deer with a bow than with a gun. But thats just because the season is so long and its when I want to hunt. But if gun season started oct 1 (I'm not saying it should), I doubt I would ever hunt with a bow again. Nothing magical about it for me, it just lets me spend more time in the woods.

My issue with this thread is all of the poor me victim mentality posts. They get kind of tiring.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    The Indiana Sportsman's Roundtable has suggested to the DNR to have a "vertical bow only season" from September 15th to September 30th. The DNR is considering that. I think it is silly as it is not about heritage, tradition or deer management. It is strictly about "we don't want to hunt with them (crossbowers).
    QUOTE]

I dont get the big deal about crossbows they act like they are a rifle and will kill out past 100 yards. Then they say they arent traditional but last I checked they were using them back in the dark ages so.....:dunno: Im thinking about gettin one just to make their blood boil a little more.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Hunting is NOT a right. You buy a license from the state, that makes hunting a PRIVILEGE.

A bill passed the legislature last session that will make hunting an "Indiana constitutional recognized right". It needs to pass again and then IF it does it will got o a statewide referendum.

I had to buy a Lifetime carry Permit. is that a 'privlege' too?

The Bone Collector folks have the resources to hunt places others could only dream of.

They are a marketing machine. His "great speak" is just "decent marketing".....as Horton sells a "Bone Collector" Crossbow.

I wouldn't buy a "bone collector" anything....ever..

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I would like to at some point in the future. But I dont see how using a traditional bow is gonna keep you from not bein able to kill a deer obscured by brush. Maybe you could explain.

Not saying that, however, I nevver shoot unless there is a clear shot. Traditional may be more "fun" for you.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012

They are a marketing machine. His "great speak" is just "decent marketing".....
    as Horton sells a "Bone Collector" Crossbow.

Im not gonna hate on the Bone Collector guys for their amazing oppourtunitites. I think its awesome for them even if I never get to do what they do.

If you had what they had you wouldnt mind pushin your sponsors either. I think they want to keep the ride goin so to speak. Im under no illusion that these guys are my buddies they may be jerks they may not but Im not gonna put them down either.

The only thing I own thats "bone collector" is a free sticker Ive never purposely bought anything of theirs either just watch them on tv

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    They are marketing folks, and if the products they push work well for the consumers so be it.

I think the post you cited to be the politics of business, nothing more.

On large managed tracts of land, there is limited pressure, unlike small parcel hunting many around here have.

Just pointing out differences and how what may appear as weight for their comment, probably isn't.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Willie,

A state or other agency may formally recognize rights (ensuring continued biz).

But when one must get a permit or license to practice such rights, and furthermore PAY for them.........that then takes those rights and makes them privileges.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Willie,

A state or other agency may formally recognize rights (ensuring continued biz).

But when one must get a permit or license to practice such rights, and furthermore PAY for them.........that then takes those rights and makes them privileges.

Personally I do not believe that all rights have to be recognized by the state/feds. I believe that hunting was such a given that our fore fathers did not see the need to recognize and declare it a "right".

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Personally I do not believe that all rights have to be recognized by the state/feds. I believe that hunting was such a given that our fore fathers did not see the need to recognize and declare it a "right".
    now adays.. if you dont "pay for the privilege" that's called poaching. :dunno:

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    They are marketing folks, and if the products they push work well for the consumers so be it.

I think the post you cited to be the politics of business, nothing more.

On large managed tracts of land, there is limited pressure, unlike small parcel hunting many around here have.

Just pointing out differences and how what may appear as weight for their comment, probably isn't.

The comment is the comment no matter who said it its true dont let anyone tell you that your form of hunting isnt "sporting". I dont care what he is pushin the words he said are still true

Top Bottom