I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yes, we maintain control of the site. If we did not it would be the wild wild west in here.
    The system is and has been in place since before my time. We all had to clear these hurdles.
    What makes you special beyond all the rest of us.
    Fair question.

snowflake-wallpaper-1.jpg

Maybe???

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Was this thread created in earnest, or is it some kind of ironic commentary on the state of many new INGO's?

Did you look at post number #1?

The guy really was complaining (in 2011) and note that he pretty much never posted again.

ETA:
    Checkout post #6: Here's a guy that posted for a short while, then just ran to the classifieds. :n00b:

and here is a winner, too. :n00b:

Last edited:

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    Not going to lie, I was kind of butt hurt when I received my first PM about the post rule and got called out in a thread. after reading posts and getting to know some of the guys, I see why the rule is in place I occasionally browse the classifieds out of curiosity. seeing what other people have and or are looking for. or if someone is looking to buy something, maybe I could help them out or give them some input if I have personal experience with the item. this site is great networking tool and it gives the opportunity to develop some good contacts and meet some cool people. sometimes structure is a good thing.

khayden65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    United States
    Why change a system that works pretty well for a small minority of users who want something different? Seriously, if you know and understand the rules, you know that you don't get the ability to PM until you hit 50 posts and have known that for years. The only way around that is to either post more, or come off a small amount of money annually to help support the place. Pretty simple IMO.

Works well huh? This is the largest single thread by more than 3X times it's closest competitor in this area. If a gripe session pertaining to how your model is structured is your #1 most popular post, I would say you may want to re-evaluate, unless you are proud of this fact. Which by reading the who's, who of this thread it certainly appears that way. If this were a business/store I would be very concerned with the amount of sales (people in this case) I was losing, not to mention it's sponsors. Just a hint business's that spend their advertising allowances sponsoring ads do not like the idea of bringing negativity to their door, or the that you turn potential customers away!

I could care less about the 50 posts minimum, it is what it is, I just don't like being slapped on the wrist for making a positive comment about someone's post and then not even being able to reply the Moderator who sent the PM. I don't even care if they don't count as a post.

My attempted response to the Moderator was the only PM I attempted to make. I did not attempt to PM another member regarding a classified, or any other post! So yeah I got little "butt hurt".

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Works well huh? This is the largest single thread by more than 3X times it's closest competitor. If a gripe session pertaining to how your model is structured is your #1 most popular post, I would say you may want to re-evaluate, unless you are proud of this fact. Which by reading the who's, who of this thread it certainly appears that way. If this were a business/store I would be very concerned with the amount of sales (people in this case) I was losing, not to mention it's sponsors. Just a hint business's that spend their advertising allowances sponsoring ads do not like the idea of bringing negativity to their door, or the that you turn potential customers away!

I could care less about the 50 posts minimum, it is what it is, I just don't like being slapped on the wrist for making a positive comment about someone's post and then not even being able to reply the Moderator who sent the PM. I don't even care if they don't count as a post.

My attempted response to the Moderator was the only PM I attempted to make. I did not attempt to PM another member regarding a classified, or any other post! So yeah I got little "butt hurt".

If you think this thread is big, you should check out the CZickness threads. 500 pages in each and it's on its 10 iteration. Blows this one outta the water... :):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Works well huh? This is the largest single thread by more than 3X times it's closest competitor in this area. If a gripe session pertaining to how your model is structured is your #1 most popular post, I would say you may want to re-evaluate, unless you are proud of this fact. Which by reading the who's, who of this thread it certainly appears that way. If this were a business/store I would be very concerned with the amount of sales (people in this case) I was losing, not to mention it's sponsors. Just a hint business's that spend their advertising allowances sponsoring ads do not like the idea of bringing negativity to their door, or the that you turn potential customers away!

1st....the issues with you being able to PM staff is being addressed. There is glitch in the software right now. It will be fixed.

2nd....There are a lot of long running threads in here. Lots of them. They are a lot of fun actually.

3rd....I missed your 1911 pic and I will go back and have a look.

4th....Yes the system might seem a bit.......well.....tough at 1st but everybody else cleared the hurdle and lived to laugh about it.

5th....We have an OK business model. It works.

6th....I have read and re-read my PM to you. If you call that a slap then all I can say is "WOW".

7th....OK, lets get over this crap and go look at some 1911's.....cheese burgers are on Little Tommy....:cool:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Time as a member means nothing if you aren't active. There's been problems with people circumventing the rules and taking short cuts, you fit that profile and were called out for it. You made your case that it didn't apply, get over it.

As far as the PM thing it's probably the well known glitch. ALL members are supposed to be able to PM mods & staff at any time regardless of post count. There is a glitch in the system that occurred after a server change that isn't fixed yet. It prevents this, even for people that have paid for site supporter status and haven't had their post count adjusted yet. Most people find the several threads in the help section about the issue and post about it, those posts are seen and they get help pretty quick. You took it personal (and continue to do so) and raise a stink about it.

Look at your posts from this perspective.
    1. Idle member for years with low post count
    2. Member makes a few one liner posts in quick succession (classic pattern for a runner)
    3. You're sent the standard nice PM about the rules when this pattern is first spotted
    4. You call out the mod in the open forum and take an attitude with him
    5. Another mod responds to your posts, you read it within minutes of him posting it. You wait an hour until he's offline to respond with more attitude taking it personal.
    6. You get snarky about the rules that everyone had to follow and one of the threads that discuss it. If you want to understand about this thread then start at post #1. You will soon see why it's here.

If you want to be active in the forum then great, you will see and learn a lot. If not, that's fine as well.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    1st....the issues with you being able to PM staff is being addressed. There is glitch in the software right now. It will be fixed.

2nd....There are a lot of long running threads in here. Lots of them. They are a lot of fun actually.

3rd....I missed your 1911 pic and I will go back and have a look.

4th....Yes the system might seem a bit.......well.....tough at 1st but everybody else cleared the hurdle and lived to laugh about it.

5th....We have an OK business model. It works.

6th....I have read and re-read my PM to you. If you call that a slap then all I can say is "WOW".

7th....OK, lets get over this crap and go look at some 1911's.....cheese burgers are on Little Tommy....:cool:

I take too long to type. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom