I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    And chocolate cake and bread almost ready to go in the oven...and we are going out to eat! 66 and I have the oven going...something is not right about that.

I'm opening windows in February!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    50 posts seems like a lot but its a great way to learn about the group and learn in general.
    Polite? Understanding? Willingness to learn AND get to know the members of INGO ? Posted around 0100?? It seems when you get what you ask for it sometimes comes as a surprise.

Glockman20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just joined tonight and have never had to do the 50 post thing anywhere else but its no big deal.... I am on here to buy/sell/trade but also learn and gain info on guns and ideas from other members

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I just joined tonight and have never had to do the 50 post thing anywhere else but its no big deal.... I am on here to buy/sell/trade but also learn and gain info on guns and ideas from other members

Welcome to INGO, Glockman20. The biggest thing about the fifty post rule, is that it helps keep the focus here as being a FORUM with a section for buy/sell/trade, rather than a BUY/SELL/TRADE site with a forum section. I came across INGO while researching my first handgun for home defense, and found the information and feedback from the regulars here to be invaluable. Do try to keep a thick skin though. Some of the regulars like to argue. ;)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Welcome to INGO, Glockman20. The biggest thing about the fifty post rule, is that it helps keep the focus here as being a FORUM with a section for buy/sell/trade, rather than a BUY/SELL/TRADE site with a forum section. I came across INGO while researching my first handgun for home defense, and found the information and feedback from the regulars here to be invaluable. Do try to keep a thick skin though. Some of the regulars like to argue. ;)

Nu-uh!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    ive not been around long. I only get annoyed when the first post is something like, "hi im from indy looking for a pocket pistol"
    and the second post is, "what do you guys think of the mp shield? I see one in the classifieds but it wont let me pm the owner."

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    ive not been around long. I only get annoyed when the first post is something like, "hi im from indy looking for a pocket pistol"
    and the second post is, "what do you guys think of the mp shield? I see one in the classifieds but it wont let me pm the owner."

Did you see the guy the other day? He managed to get to 11 posts before getting the hammer. Almost every post (except one?) said "sorry gotta get to 50" or garbage such as "dlkhjadlf" over and over. Those are the people that **** me off the most. They see the rule, they know about it yet they don't care and the very first thing they want to do is cheat.

I still think there needs to be a minimum time someone should have to be a member AFTER they hit their 50 posts. Set it up like the site supporter status. It's up to the individual to keep track of their 30 days (or whatever). After their time is up they have to PM someone and ask for classified access. That's the way it's done when someone becomes a site supporter before they have their 50 posts. They have to ask. It would almost eliminate runners like Mr. dkalkfjelk.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did you see the guy the other day? He managed to get to 11 posts before getting the hammer. Almost every post (except one?) said "sorry gotta get to 50" or garbage such as "dlkhjadlf" over and over. Those are the people that **** me off the most. They see the rule, they know about it yet they don't care and the very first thing they want to do is cheat.

I still think there needs to be a minimum time someone should have to be a member AFTER they hit their 50 posts. Set it up like the site supporter status. It's up to the individual to keep track of their 30 days (or whatever). After their time is up they have to PM someone and ask for classified access. That's the way it's done when someone becomes a site supporter before they have their 50 posts. They have to ask. It would almost eliminate runners like Mr. dkalkfjelk.

He got clipped but remains a member. Just not been back after the rule was PM'd to him.
    Shows intent.
    Everyone has an agenda and a comfort zone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom