I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Well, it was kinda getting silly.

Recently it was being over used and not many of the 'runners' were true runners. I still say the thread is valid. Once the true runners hit for tax time then there will be dozens of reports from lots of members and no where to list them. Let the ones that count (1,2,3) or post "cool" 50 times in 20 minutes show up then it will chaos. No one will know who was reported or when. The classifieds are already as screwed up as a football bat. That's the first thing I do when getting online is mark the classifieds section as read. That alone cuts my daily unread posts from around 500 down to 350. I can knock another 100 off if I mark the political section read as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, it was kinda getting silly.

It was getting silly. It was generating issues behind the scenes that are not visible to the membership.

What we need to do is evaluate what is going on before jumping on it like a news reporter looking for a scoop.
    Yup, tax time is coming.
    For now, just take your time when you see a newbie feeling his way through the forum. I was tedious and a bit lost when I started in late 11. It took me a good while to figure this place out and I am still learning.

Thanks to all who helped out in the old thread.

-CM-

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It was getting silly. It was generating issues behind the scenes that are not visible to the membership.
    Had I not stepped up it would have been done anyway and I wanted to be the one.

What we need to do is evaluate what is going on before jumping on it like a news reporter looking for a scoop.
    Yup, tax time is coming. If it gets silly trust in the fact I will open another thread.
    For now, just take your time when you see a newbie feeling his way through the forum. I was tedious and a bit lost when I started in late 11. It took me a good while to figure this place out and I am still learning.

-CM-

Please send us all PMs when you open it...

Oh, and cheeseburgers, don't forget the cheeseburgers.;)

khayden65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    United States
    Please send us all PMs when you open it...

Oh, and cheeseburgers, don't forget the cheeseburgers.;)

These people are unbelievable! I have been a member since 2013 and had 20 posts going into this evening was bored so I got on here to view some pictures of interesting firearms. I have a Dan Wesson Valor so I made a comment on one that was posted. I tried to respond to his message and couldn't even respond to a received pm because I don't have 50 posts so this is what tried to reply with;

okayyyyy, I have been a member for quite some time (since 2013) and occasionally visit this site. I believe if I were attempting to just gain 50 posts I could have done this by now....not looking to purchase anything......
    thanks for your concern though geez....

below low is what I received:

churchmouse said:
    I need to share one of our new member rules. Your 1st 50 posts need to be more involved that "That is one sweet piece" although I do agree.....it is.

The rule is in place for good reason and we are sticklers it be followed. We all had to clear this hurdle.....all of us.

The rule,

We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Thanks,

Be safe

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    These people are unbelievable! I have been a member since 2013 and had 20 posts going into this evening was bored so I got on here to view some pictures of interesting firearms. I have a Dan Wesson Valor so I made a comment on one that was posted. I tried to respond to his message and couldn't even respond to a received pm because I don't have 50 posts so this is what tried to reply with;

okayyyyy, I have been a member for quite some time (since 2013) and occasionally visit this site. I believe if I were attempting to just gain 50 posts I could have done this by now....not looking to purchase anything......

Well, since you decided to make this public..

You wouldnt be the first member to sign up, post sporadically over a year or two, then see a gun they like and start throwing out one liners to get to 50. We can't ascertain intent of each member, so we err on the side of caution. We are a volunteer staff, and as such we dont have time to PM each member and ask them..

"SO, were you just throwing out random posts, or are you running for 50?"

And THEN try to determine whether or not they are telling the truth.

Short version.. These are the Rules you agreed to when you signed up. Don't get butthurt when we try to enforce them

khayden65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    United States
    Well, since you decided to make this public..

You wouldnt be the first member to sign up, post sporadically over a year or two, then see a gun they like and start throwing out one liners to get to 50. We can't ascertain intent of each member, so we err on the side of caution. We are a volunteer staff, and as such we dont have time to PM each member and ask them..

"SO, were you just throwing out random posts, or are you running for 50?"

And THEN try to determine whether or not they are telling the truth.

Short version.. These are the Rules you agreed to when you signed up. Don't get butthurt when we try to enforce them

A member almost 4 years, I know the rules, two posts tonight before I got the email, two only because I couldn't figure out how to delete the first one because I didn't "reply with quote" on the initial post. I Then posted a third showing my 1911 on the same thread.

Running for 50 that's funnny, no wasn't doing any running tonight. If I wanted to get to 50 I certainly could obtain this without drawing this much attention to myself. As controlling as this sight is you would think you would require at least a six month waiting period to even view the classifieds! On a serious note why not just set a parameter with a certain number or characters to get credit for a post?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A member almost 4 years, I know the rules, two posts tonight before I got the email, two only because I couldn't figure out how to delete the first one because I didn't "reply with quote" on the initial post. I Then posted a third showing my 1911 on the same thread.

Running for 50 that's funnny, no wasn't doing any running tonight. If I wanted to get to 50 I certainly could obtain this without drawing this much attention to myself. As controlling as this sight is you would think you would require at least a six month waiting period to even view the classifieds! On a serious note why not just set a parameter with a certain number or characters to get credit for a post?

Why change a system that works pretty well for a small minority of users who want something different? Seriously, if you know and understand the rules, you know that you don't get the ability to PM until you hit 50 posts and have known that for years. The only way around that is to either post more, or come off a small amount of money annually to help support the place. Pretty simple IMO.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Recently it was being over used and not many of the 'runners' were true runners. I still say the thread is valid. Once the true runners hit for tax time then there will be dozens of reports from lots of members and no where to list them. Let the ones that count (1,2,3) or post "cool" 50 times in 20 minutes show up then it will chaos. No one will know who was reported or when. The classifieds are already as screwed up as a football bat. That's the first thing I do when getting online is mark the classifieds section as read. That alone cuts my daily unread posts from around 500 down to 350. I can knock another 100 off if I mark the political section read as well.

There's gonna be blood in the streets! :runaway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Just a bit childish don't you think.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yes, we maintain control of the site. If we did not it would be the wild wild west in here.
    The system is and has been in place since before my time. We all had to clear these hurdles.
    What makes you special beyond all the rest of us.
    Fair question.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Had I not stepped up it would have been done anyway and I wanted to be the one.

Yup, tax time is coming. If it gets silly trust in the fact I will open another thread.

-CM-

Keep an eye on this guy - he's making a run for 200,000.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I only occasionally see something I would like to have.
    Does not mean I have to have it. And I seriously doubt I will be driving a 4 hour turn around for a gun anytime soon.
    I do notice a lot of overpriced pieces in the classifieds these days. When a piece sits in there for 30 bumps that is an indicator.
    No worries.

Or its a distance thing. Usually us NWI guys sit on things longer .

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I don't think a post # minimum or time as a member before gaining access to PM about an ad is unreasonable. It's just a rule. Kindly ask a mod if there's a way to modify the rules. We have a new owner, maybe he'll agree to a poll and consider it if popular.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom