I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    I also dislike this rule, however I do see why it was put in place. The part of this rule that I disagree with is how you can bypass the rule by becoming a site supporter. I think it sends a wrong message.

I know it was set up to keep the "bad" out of the classifieds, however I still see alot of people with about 60 or so posts with a ton of negative feedback.

I do not expect it to change because some of us may disagree with it, but we can all put our 2 cents in on it. Opinions are like... well you know.

We can all agree to disagree at times.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I also dislike this rule, however I do see why it was put in place. The part of this rule that I disagree with is how you can bypass the rule by becoming a site supporter. I think it sends a wrong message.

I know it was set up to keep the "bad" out of the classifieds, however I still see alot of people with about 60 or so posts with a ton of negative feedback.

I do not expect it to change because some of us may disagree with it, but we can all put our 2 cents in on it. Opinions are like... well you know.

We can all agree to disagree at times.

Both the 50-post rule and the Site Supporter alternative are not intended to "vet" a person's character. They're supposed to encourage you to have a vested interest in the board. If you've got a time investment or a financial investment, you're more likely to want to stay after you've bought that gun.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Both the 50-post rule and the Site Supporter alternative are not intended to "vet" a person's character. They're supposed to encourage you to have a vested interest in the board. If you've got a time investment or a financial investment, you're more likely to want to stay after you've bought that gun.

not always true. site supporter status is what $10?
    I can blow $10 in 5 minutes at any given store and not think a thing of it.
    If getting a good deal on a gun, add the $10 fee, is it still a good deal? :dunno:

No ideas how to make it different just pointing out a flaw, as I see it, in your thinking.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    not always true. site supporter status is what $10?
    I can blow $10 in 5 minutes at any given store and not think a thing of it.
    If getting a good deal on a gun, add the $10 fee, is it still a good deal? :dunno:

No ideas how to make it different just pointing out a flaw, as I see it, in your thinking.

It's better than no vested interest at all, and it was only implemented after many people complained.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom