I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    I also dislike this rule, however I do see why it was put in place. The part of this rule that I disagree with is how you can bypass the rule by becoming a site supporter. I think it sends a wrong message.

I know it was set up to keep the "bad" out of the classifieds, however I still see alot of people with about 60 or so posts with a ton of negative feedback.

I do not expect it to change because some of us may disagree with it, but we can all put our 2 cents in on it. Opinions are like... well you know.

We can all agree to disagree at times.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I also dislike this rule, however I do see why it was put in place. The part of this rule that I disagree with is how you can bypass the rule by becoming a site supporter. I think it sends a wrong message.

I know it was set up to keep the "bad" out of the classifieds, however I still see alot of people with about 60 or so posts with a ton of negative feedback.

I do not expect it to change because some of us may disagree with it, but we can all put our 2 cents in on it. Opinions are like... well you know.

We can all agree to disagree at times.

Both the 50-post rule and the Site Supporter alternative are not intended to "vet" a person's character. They're supposed to encourage you to have a vested interest in the board. If you've got a time investment or a financial investment, you're more likely to want to stay after you've bought that gun.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Both the 50-post rule and the Site Supporter alternative are not intended to "vet" a person's character. They're supposed to encourage you to have a vested interest in the board. If you've got a time investment or a financial investment, you're more likely to want to stay after you've bought that gun.

not always true. site supporter status is what $10?
    I can blow $10 in 5 minutes at any given store and not think a thing of it.
    If getting a good deal on a gun, add the $10 fee, is it still a good deal? :dunno:

No ideas how to make it different just pointing out a flaw, as I see it, in your thinking.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    not always true. site supporter status is what $10?
    I can blow $10 in 5 minutes at any given store and not think a thing of it.
    If getting a good deal on a gun, add the $10 fee, is it still a good deal? :dunno:

No ideas how to make it different just pointing out a flaw, as I see it, in your thinking.

It's better than no vested interest at all, and it was only implemented after many people complained.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom