I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The rule is in place for the same reason we have the 50 post rule. The only reason the PM count is different is so you can actually contact trainers or advertiser, etc for reasons OTHER THAN CLASSIFIEDS. Regardless of whether you can PM or not, you can NOT conduct any type of classified transactions until you have 50 quality posts or are a site supporter.

Whether you are a buyer or seller and conducting business with anyone under 50 posts/site supporter, it is very much frowned upon by the staff and most of it's members. We are a forum first. The classifieds are just an added benefit.

You will also notice that sometimes your post count goes down. That is because one liners are removed.

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    The rule is in place for the same reason we have the 50 post rule. The only reason the PM count is different is so you can actually contact trainers or advertiser, etc for reasons OTHER THAN CLASSIFIEDS. Regardless of whether you can PM or not, you can NOT conduct any type of classified transactions until you have 50 quality posts or are a site supporter.

Whether you are a buyer or seller and conducting business with anyone under 50 posts/site supporter, it is very much frowned upon by the staff and most of it's members. We are a forum first. The classifieds is just an added benefit.
    Next thing you know she's gonna be telling us there's an FAQ where all these questions are answered! Crazy Mod lady!

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Preface: I am not currently looking to buy/post/sell to the classifieds.

As a newb on this site I would like to say that I'm finding it impossible to come up with 50 quality posts. Every question I've had about the particular weapons I'm looking at I've been able to find answers too via search... Screw you people! :D

I suppose if I ever need to post in the classifieds I'm just going to have to become a site supporter. Which I will do eventually anyway because this has been an amazing resource for all the information I've been looking for.

(did I use the correct color option?)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

As a newb on this site I would like to say that I'm finding it impossible to come up with 50 quality posts. Every question I've had about the particular weapons I'm looking at I've been able to find answers too via search... Screw you people! :D

I suppose if I ever need to post in the classifieds I'm just going to have to become a site supporter. Which I will do eventually anyway because this has been an amazing resource for all the information I've been looking for.

You should have used the darker color of purple. Get it right! :D

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Welcome to INGO thatguy! Nice use of purple. You deserve some rep for that!

See if this gets you a quality post.

What's your favorite firearm and what is it that makes you like it so much? Do you own it or hoping to own it? Where will/did you buy it and why?

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Welcome to INGO thatguy! Nice use of purple. You deserve some rep for that!
    Thanks! I try to follow the rules. Most of the time anyhow.

See if this gets you a quality post.

What's your favorite firearm and what is it that makes you like it so much?
    First gun I bought was a Glock 19. I don't remember if it was Gen2 or 3. I sold it for financial reasons years ago. At this point I don't really have a favorite firearm, however, I do have my eye on the Kahr CW9. I've been researching it both in person and online (quite a few people here own and/or have fired it) and it seems to get good reviews. Also a friend of mine with the State Police recommended it to me after falling in love with his. I'm a smaller guy, while I have the legal right to OC here, I would prefer not to. A firearm with a form factor like the CW9 would be easier and more comfortable for me to carry.

Do you own it or hoping to own it?
    cjZXR.jpg

Where will/did you buy it and why?
    I've visited Bradis, again, on recommendation of my ISP friend. I'm holding off until after the 1500 to make a decision though. I'm also "new" to the state so I'm still learning where the shops are. For the longest time I was worried that Dons and Gander Mountain were all I had locally.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Thanks! I try to follow the rules. Most of the time anyhow.

First gun I bought was a Glock 19. I don't remember if it was Gen2 or 3. I sold it for financial reasons years ago. At this point I don't really have a favorite firearm, however, I do have my eye on the Kahr CW9. I've been researching it both in person and online (quite a few people here own and/or have fired it) and it seems to get good reviews. Also a friend of mine with the State Police recommended it to me after falling in love with his. I'm a smaller guy, while I have the legal right to OC here, I would prefer not to. A firearm with a form factor like the CW9 would be easier and more comfortable for me to carry.

cjZXR.jpg

I've visited Bradis, again, on recommendation of my ISP friend. I'm holding off until after the 1500 to make a decision though. I'm also "new" to the state so I'm still learning where the shops are. For the longest time I was worried that Dons and Gander Mountain were all I had locally.

Cool. Carry how you want. Do it open, concealed or flagrant. Just carry.

Welcome to Indiana, BTW.

I'll bet that earns you a quality post. Just jump in on the threads that interest you and have a great time here. We're glad to have you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom