I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    One-liners aren't really the problem in and of themselves. The problem is circumventing the Classified rule. We can tell when someone is whoring INGO out just to get into the classifieds. That is definitely a problem and that's when you'll suddenly find your post count dropping. We want you to participate, not just post anything as fast as possible.

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I found it funny that my post count last night was at like 51. This morning it was 44. I've posted tonight and most are thoughtful and "quality".

I know my opinion don't mean nutt'n to anyone, but frankly I'm going to give it. I didn't go out of my way to get 50 as quickly as possible but there was an item that I wanted to get from someone in the c-fides, so I selectively search for posts that I felt I could put in at least something meaningful and it looks as if someone felt that I didn't. I understand the need for 50 posts but I do not understand the policing of people's posts to be sure they meet some sort of Q&A standards.

Obviously, you have more time than I do to moderate and I'll be honest, I have LOTS of free time. Leave the rule at 50 as is and let go of the quality and assurance team BS.

-JD-

P.S. I just looked at my post count. Again, before tonight I was at 44, now I'm at 49. I know I've posted more than 6 posts tonight, and ALL were of meaningful content. So what's up, something broke since someone rolled me back?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Leave the rule at 50 as is and let go of the quality and assurance team BS.

If you're more intersted in snagging something from our classifieds than the quality of the site, I understand your opinion.

But, I assure you, the site owner, MODs, and the majority of the regular INGO forumites prefer that some initial quality standard or support of the site is established so that unassociated freeloaders aren't able to just camp out and snipe up the best deals offered to contributing members here.

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If you're more intersted in snagging something from our classifieds than the quality of the site, I understand your opinion.

But, I assure you, the site owner, MODs, and the majority of the regular INGO forumites prefer that some initial quality standard or support of the site is established so that unassociated freeloaders aren't able to just camp out and snipe up the best deals offered to contributing members here.

I'm not interested in snagging anything unless something comes up (like yesterday) that is up my alley. So to answer your statement, no, that is NOT my opinion.

I'm here because the site is quality, but actually going around and watching low posters for "quality" posts is over kill.

This isn't the first site I've been to that required a limit on posts for one reason or another but it is the first time I've actually seen post roll backs. I've run up the required posts quicker than I did here for no other reason as to have those 50 posts to get the right. I'm still a "quality" member to this or that site.

I've seen some pretty "non-quality" posts from long time members. I don't feel the need to call them out or call a moderator to remove the post. I only frequent some of the areas here that interest me. I don't venture into the political areas where I can assure you, I'd make a fool of myself and gotten to my 50 count MUCH quicker. I did find it a little more difficult to reach my 50 in the areas that interest me. Trust me, I read a ton of threads but did not feel the need to contribute.

I believe this site is a quality site. I THINK I have been a member here before and I've read the site as a person that isn't logged in with an account before.

I have a shoe bin in the closet for all my family's shoes and I'm pretty sure, the trollerskates aren't in there.

-JD-

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I'm here because the site is quality, but actually going around and watching low posters for "quality" posts is over kill...

It's good to hear that you appreciate and are contributing to the quality of the site. :yesway:
    However, without the extra scrutiny those early posts get, others like I described above would feel entitled to turn this place into nothing more than a junk clearinghouse.

There are plenty of other sites already serving that market as they make little to no effort to promote or assure any quality standard up front.

Enjoy. :)

mstlouis1986

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Greenwood
    i would love for those rules to be changed, obviously i don't get on here much hence the lack of posts and frankly i don't care to read half of these peoples stupidities.... i have better things to do with my life than spend it behind a computer screen but occasionally i have the need to buy and sell things. why become a site supporter just to do that? i support the idea behind the site but look at the flip side of the coin if i sent the site creator all my credit card statements would i get any "support" back......

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    i would love for those rules to be changed, obviously i don't get on here much hence the lack of posts and frankly i don't care to read half of these peoples stupidities.... i have better things to do with my life than spend it behind a computer screen but occasionally i have the need to buy and sell things. why become a site supporter just to do that? i support the idea behind the site but look at the flip side of the coin if i sent the site creator all my credit card statements would i get any "support" back......

Not sure why you are even a member if you think that people only post stupid things in here. :dunno:
    If you want to buy and sell stuff it's simple, you either become a site supporter or you post 50 quality comments.
    Both are easy to do, it doesn't take forever to get 50 good posts.I got mines in a few days and that made me learn about the site and the great people who post here.
    If you think that this site is not worth your money or not worth your time then once again I dont know why you joined.
    And if you dont spend either a little bit of time, or money in here, then you're not going to get any of the deals that this site offers.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

There are sites for gun classifieds.
    Feel free to saunter over there.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...i have better things to do with my life than spend it behind a computer screen but occasionally i have the need to buy and sell things. why become a site supporter just to do that?

For the privilege of buying and selling things here rather than taking your chances with all the freeloaders and scammers on craigslist or hoosiertopics.

i support the idea behind the site but look at the flip side of the coin if i sent the site creator all my credit card statements would i get any "support" back......

Ideas are free, but this site, much like the goods you purchased with your credit cards, costs money.

To support the site (not just the idea of the site) simply means bringing something of value to the table before you use something of value at the table. Quality posts add value, involvement adds value, monetary support adds value.
    The "free meal" sites mentioned above, don't offer much so they don't expect much in return.

Your "flip side of the coin" doesn't make any sense, either. The site creator didn't get to use any of that stuff you charged to your credit card, did he? :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Wow. So, we're a whore?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I........
    I've seen some pretty "non-quality" posts from long time members. I don't feel the need to call them out or call a moderator to remove the post. .......

cool......

i would love for those rules to be changed, obviously i don't get on here much hence the lack of posts and frankly i don't care to read half of these peoples stupidities.... i have better things to do with my life than spend it behind a computer screen but occasionally i have the need to buy and sell things. why become a site supporter just to do that?

Um, INGO provided a solution to your "problem" and that still is not good enough?

i support the idea behind the site......

So you support the idea behind the site, somehow, just not the rules?
    Got it. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom