I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The biggest problem I see with the rule is the adituded of the long time ingo members when they accuses people of resurerecting old post to get their counts up,

Nearly every necropost I've seen on INGO has been of the "I agree!" variety. The incidents of resurrected threads where a comment with any value was added is extremely rare. When that comment is invariably the work of someone with less than 50 posts, people become understandably suspicious of their motives.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Nearly every necropost I've seen on INGO has been of the "I agree!" variety. The incidents of resurrected threads where a comment with any value was added is extremely rare. When that comment is invariably the work of someone with less than 50 posts, people become understandably suspicious of their motives.
    Too. Many. Multi-syllable. Words. :draw:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This is relevant to my intrests...

mmmmmm Thor.... :D
    newsletter.jpg

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    The biggest problem I see with the rule is the adituded of the long time ingo members when they accuses people of resurerecting old post to get their counts up, but then if you start something new or put forth an idea they swiftly tell you that this has another topic that's been put to bed or tried leaving nothing for new members to add to the conversation. I started on another gun forum at the same time as this one there I have nearly 200 post and I feel welcome here I feel bullied. Just my:twocents:

While there is an "old and crotchety contingent" on INGO, it's important to realize that there are quite a number of topics that seem to be resurrected on a weekly basis (not unlike this thread; how ironic! :dunno:).

First, the "old and crotchety contingent" is present nearly everywhere. Truly, there is no home for old and grumpy men (and sometimes women :D), so they come to places like INGO, apparently to stay out of their mates hair (or lack thereof), so to speak.

Best advice is that, if you have a genuine, serous, question or comment, let the flack from such people go. Generally, someone will give you a response that's equal to your post if you're honestly looking for information and not just trying to jerk someone's chain. That said, once you're able to rise above the flack, this is a fantastic place to learn a lot about firearms and related topics (and, really, I'd not define INGO based on the presence of flack, anyway).

Of course, it's always (always) good to do a search on a topic before starting a thread (and not just here on INGO). I imagine that, what happens when someone finds INGO for the first time is that they come across an old thread (necropost ...nice, though "necrograph" might be more true to the Greek! :D) and respond without realizing that there have been 13,893 new threads on the topic since the original post was introduced.

Also, keep in mind that, despite whatever good and pure intentions you might have, there are scruple-less people who have left their indelible mark on those who strive to keep this place running as smoothly as a well-oiled, finely tuned, custom-made, hair-trigger, ivory-gripped, rarely fired, 1911 safe-queen ...or, an out-of-the box Glock! (HA! <snicker> ...sorry, I know ...I'll pay for that one. :D). Even so, because of the past shenanigans of Bob, Weave, & Dodge, who have tried a thousand and one ways to get around the posting requirements (of a privately owned maintained, and run forum, mind you), and then come back and complain about how they've been treated and ...yadda ...yadda ...yadda... Well, this aint the Mod Squad's first rodeo ...knowhatImean, Vern? If it walks, quacks, and smells like a duck, don't be surprised if it gets a butt-load of bird-shot.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Because they can't

I don't get why people get so upset because they can't get into a part of the forum where 99% of the listings are stuff that is used but costs more than new;)

They want in the classifieds just because they aren't allowed in the classifieds . It's human nature to want what you can't have. It's just like cookies. If you're not a regular cookie eater but someone tells you you can't have cookies, now you are going to want cookies.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They want in the classifieds just because they aren't allowed in the classifieds . It's human nature to want what you can't have. It's just like cookies. If you're not a regular cookie eater but someone tells you you can't have cookies, now you are going to want cookies.

How many posts do we need to get access to cookies? Is 500 enough? Do they need to be quality?

What's the # of posts to get bacon cookies?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    This soviet 50 post rule is still hindering this site.
    Because it keeps people from coming in and raiding the classifieds that have no intentions of being here otherwise? Because this site gives, as an added bonus to contributing members a place to get guns a little cheaper, and allow sellers to get a little bit more money than at a store? Yeah, I could see how that is a hindrance.

Perhaps Arms-list would better suit your needs? I know I'd rather have some sort, even through the internet, of idea who I'm buying from or selling to.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Subway gives free cookies away on Wednesday.

This soviet 50 post rule is still hindering this site.

While it may be your misconception that's it's hindering the site, I beg to differ. Other wise the growth to almost 22,000 members in 4 short years proves that even after you being here 2.5 years shows you're still po'd about not being able to get into the classifieds even when it was 15 posts.

Rules are here for a reason, pony up the necessary $$$'s to buy what Fenway has turned into a very great site, and you can do what you darn well want to, otherwise have a nice day, or don't let the door hit you and everyone else where the good lord split ya.:D

People can take what I said with a grain of salt or not, I know I'm tired of people biotching about the fifty rule, and I know the mod's and Mike are too. Be an adult and play by the rules, or leave Fenway's ball alone and go home.

:ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom