I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Where's the rest of the conversation? What's left just looks like dog piling.

I will never understand why anyone who can read would complain in this thread about post count and the classifieds.

This thread is like the workshop for noobs to thicken their skin. Come 'mere boy let us tan your hide. :whip:

You missed a whole lot Gungirl. Roadie brought him back down to earth. He had his post removed and his post count went from 20 back to 4.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Where's the rest of the conversation? What's left just looks like dog piling.

I will never understand why anyone who can read would complain in this thread about post count and the classifieds.

This thread is like the workshop for noobs to thicken their skin. Come 'mere boy let us tan your hide. :whip:
    It was all individual posts of something like:

classifieds

Get it now?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    We could give him a C for creativity. I really don't know what the big deal about getting to the classifieds is and why everyone is drawn to it like a moth to a light.

I have been looking at the classifieds almost every night for the last couple months. I haven't found a thing to buy. I had to buy a gun at the 1500 because I couldn't find it here.

In all honesty I saw what I wanted here but didn't know I wanted it until after a trip to the gun store. By then all of the possibilities on INGO had been sold.

I ponied up for my site supporter membership after I already had 50 posts just so I could have a bigger mailbox and longer sig line. Access to the classifieds is just an added bonus.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    everyone gets bent out shape when people want to use the classifieds...It's called Indiana GUN OWNERS....GUN OWNERS either steal, inherit, find, buy from a store, buy face to face, borrow perpetually or use the ingo classifieds after paying ten bucks and payint 25% more than you could buy new....i like the doofus who says that people wont sell to people unless you have 50 posts even if you pay to skip the "quality" posts...ummm...how did you gather this info? i would say it was derived from anal extraction....no one cares ...life doesnt start for people when you get 50 posts....just because you have 50 posts it doesnt mean you know crap about guns or are a good person ( as evidenced by some posting in this thread or from the person who had 1000s of posts and sold me a palmetto upper and said it was a rock river--lol--got my money back from this fine ingoer--ahem)....now if you will excuse me I think i will go browse the best part of this site--the classifieds...gasp...i said it...shutup...

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    ....i like the doofus who says that people wont sell to people unless you have 50 posts even if you pay to skip the "quality" posts...ummm...
    I didn't say that, but I would say that I would think long and hard about driving any significant distance to meet someone (buying or selling) that didn't have a track history. I got stood up by a guy on FB and was not happy at all.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I've been stood up twice by folks with a "Proven" INGO track record and good feedback. They even tried to tell me we never made an agreement despite showing them the PMs or Emails showing the deal and date had been set. Face it, there are proven dicks as well.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ...We're all on the same side here. Can't we play nice together?
    Apparently... not. :laugh:

As for the Classifieds, I've yet to see anything I personally thought was a 'huge bargain'. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there HAVE been some great deals. But from what I've seen in (approximately) 4 years on INGO, I've seen nothing for sale 'significantly' less than could be purchased elsewhere, or new, for roughly the same price. In SOME cases I've seen used gear for sale at the same price, some times more, than the same item can be purchased new. Oh well, that's human nature, as well. SOME folks think whatever they have is 'worth more' 'cause 'THEY own it'. That's not likely to change in the foreseeable future.

That said, at times I've seen INGO members go to some length to help out a fellow INGO'er. THAT'S a good thing, and makes it worthwhile to be a member, IMO.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    i like the doofus who says that people wont sell to people unless you have 50 posts even if you pay to skip the "quality" posts...ummm...how did you gather this info?

Not sure if I'm said "doofus" or not, but if so, your reading comprehension skills are a little off. What I said was:

Be aware though that while the $15 donation will get you access to the classifieds, there are still a great deal of members who won't do business with someone until they've been around and active long enough to build a rapport.

And as to how I've gathered this info, I've had FTF conversations with many INGO members (real members, active, contributing members) who feel the same way. I won't deal with someone I don't know, nor will I deal with someone who has a history of ass-hattery... Regardless of post count.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I've been stood up twice by folks with a "Proven" INGO track record and good feedback. They even tried to tell me we never made an agreement despite showing them the PMs or Emails showing the deal and date had been set. Face it, there are proven dicks as well.

Hey, welcome back!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Still alive I see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom