I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I understand the reasoning for not allowing posts in certain forums and perhaps for not allowing new users to PM right off the bat, but it seems a little backwards to not allow new users to respond to PMs.

I'm not looking to argue site rules; I'm just making a comment of my opinion as a new user here.

I can almost guess which geezer did that to you. One if them got me too when I first started. I'm kind of chatty though and was able to respond before too long and it kind of surprised him. Actually get busy, I think it only takes about 15 posts to respond to PM's. I could be wrong though. That happens every now and then.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can almost guess which geezer did that to you. One if them got me too when I first started. I'm kind of chatty though and was able to respond before too long and it kind of surprised him. Actually get busy, I think it only takes about 15 posts to respond to PM's. I could be wrong though. That happens every now and then.

They changed it to 50.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I don't see the issue with having a 50 post rule. I belong to a lot of forums. Most have rules. Play by them or find another forum. Problem solved really simple. On another note, making 50 meaningful post is not that hard. And even if you make it to 50 just join(it's cheap) the group if you find this place useful. Yeah there are a few asshats but the majority here are helpful and down right nice. Even the crusty ones aren't to bad once you get to know them! :yesway:

Support(if you can), participate, learn and share information. That's all you gotta do to have a good time here. And 50 fly's buy.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Heck there was another forum I was on a while back (can't remember which one, or what the subject was) but it was 100 posts AND a 3 or 6 month wait to get into the classified and vendor areas... I believe it was an aquarium or cigar forum but not positive.

50 posts doesn't seem so bad in comparison does it?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    50 posts, that are not just some quick one line zing.
    It's not like they are requiring a written synopsis on the effects on crime due to repercussions from the Napoleonic Wars.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom