I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It is a forum 1st. the classifieds was something they added later. Stick around, talk to people, impart the information contained in your head to the rest of us. If you want into the classifieds right away become a site supporter

Your restraint is noted. He who matters - is sure to be watching. :)

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I did read the FAQ slick. And right back atcha.

So that we can get a sense of the person we're dealing with. (Your post history is available for all to see)

I'd be hesitant to do business with someone throwin around insults at this board and at its members.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Just in the "for what it's worth category" - one of the respondents to this thread has over 21,000 "posts" in 5 years. That's over 350 posts a months - an average of over 10 posts a day ! I'm not gonna imply that everyone of those posts was not inciteful and well thought out - but I'm willing to bet there were at least a few that were sentences of five words or less. This is the problem I have with the required 50 posts. Just say'in

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Just in the "for what it's worth category" - one of the respondents to this thread has over 21,000 "posts" in 5 years. That's over 350 posts a months - an average of over 10 posts a day ! I'm not gonna imply that everyone of those posts was not inciteful and well thought out - but I'm willing to bet there were at least a few that were sentences of five words or less. This is the problem I have with the required 50 posts. Just say'in
    Mine are.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    @ SIM Take a deep breathe and relax. If you intend on sticking around I suggest changing your tone so once you reach 50 post people will want to deal with you. Some on here can be very selective who they will deal with.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

I have no life and I have never bought or sold a thing from the classifieds here.. I probably couldn't even the find the classifieds if it was waving a red flag at me.. :dunno:

so for what it's worth... :p

Sims

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Fishers
    So that we can get a sense of the person we're dealing with. (Your post history is available for all to see)

I'd be hesitant to do business with someone throwin around insults at this board and at its members.

Interesting. I don't think I'm the one that has been insulting. I looked over the FAQ and everything I could find about the 50 post count was for SELLING items. Just don't understand why that would apply to someone looking to buy.

But I see now how this board is. Pretty much like every other one with more than a few hundred members. You've got the polite, helpful ones, the one's that like to jump down everyone's throat for any grammar or board rules missteps, and the out and out jerks.

I'll now be looking for the ignore feature.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

But the whole point…

*sigh*

We want to be able to see…

Ah, heck with it. It's all been said before. You don't have to like the rules; you just have to follow them. Or you can visit other forums instead and shop for guns other places. Or start your own forum and get your FFL and be your own gun shop.

Sims

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Fishers
    @ SIM Take a deep breathe and relax. If you intend on sticking around I suggest changing your tone so once you reach 50 post people will want to deal with you. Some on here can be very selective who they will deal with.

Fair enough.

Sorry I voiced my displeasure at what I feel is a silly rule.

Where's the white flag smiley?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Interesting. I don't think I'm the one that has been insulting. I looked over the FAQ and everything I could find about the 50 post count was for SELLING items. Just don't understand why that would apply to someone looking to buy.

But I see now how this board is. Pretty much like every other one with more than a few hundred members. You've got the polite, helpful ones, the one's that like to jump down everyone's throat for any grammar or board rules missteps, and the out and out jerks.

Are you really that dense?

Posting as in responding to a thread or posting a thread requires 50 posts.

50 posts to sell.
    50 posts to buy.
    50 posts to comment at an obnoxious price tag and receive an infraction.

It's not hidden. 50 posts to participate, or pay to become a site supporter to help maintain the server fees.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I understand not allowing people to come in here and immediately start hawking items, but I just ran across something that I would like to buy, yet I can't even send a PM.

Very odd.

Correction: That is FIFTY QUALITY POSTS.

Your OP in this thread does NOT meet the criteria. This one, quoted above..... maybe. :D

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

This one, not so much.... :noway:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

It is the rules. I didnt make them, the owner of the board did. It's his house. Sick around and contribute, be a site supporter or leave. Your choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom