• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I could see how telling someone if they wanted a 45 would get some people on edge.... busing people in to wally world and having a party is a bit much hahaha.

But what can you expect form college kids on one of their first nights away from home and in college? I was a little nuts when I left for college haha.

If he would have hit me with the can there would have been problems........

we should go dress all tactical and hit the one up the road :D

County Line and Emerson? Honestly I like that one for the most part....

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Probably the reaction to expect when an angry stranger threatens to shoot you. Sure he was the typical college punk showing off in front of his friends but you must have been pretty convincing for him to turn you in.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    -1 for 360

Im glad I didnt wait up to for the story last night.

Your such a puss, next time drop an elbow into pepsi guys chin.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    The Pepsi guy wasn't a college kid. He was working a booth, promoting his beverage. He looked to be of yuppie-type status, and was wound up tight for being 10pm. He must've been drinking the heavily caffeinated stuff, because he lunged at me and shoved that can right in my face, like he was jumping out from behind a wall or something.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    633676176353458617-CoolStoryBro.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Is this my wife?

Dude, I have lived here almost 40 years, and I have NEVER seen a "student bus-in" at Wal-Mart, nor have I EVER seen a carnival type atmosphere there. (insert jokes here). The Wal-Mart is nowhere NEAR campus, and not really a shopping destination for most students, because of it's location.

I AM however, very familiar with student move-in/out. I deal with them every year, on a personal level.

Unless you are being facetious about the Bloomington rag, I didn't threaten to shoot a bunch of students. I merely suggested a "different flavor" to the Pepsi guy in sarcastic, frustrated fashion. It is very clear in my detailed synapsis of events above. Even though my story is a bit long winded, the whole exit event with the Pepsi guy that led to the confrontation in the parking lot took a whole 10 seconds. I know you don't know me, but I didn't nothing out of character.

I did sound like a nag, didn't I? BTW, I'm not calling your wife a nag! :)

Like I said, it wasn't my attempt to flame you and of course I don't know the whole story since I wasn't there. However, I do know the town -- probably not as well as you -- but, I know the press will take an "incident" like that and make it into something it never was. Replace the "45 ACP" with anything else and it's a hilarious story and probably wouldn't have gotten you detained. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I believe some people will do anything to make guns become dangerous. Coupled with what you said and they will insist their case is made, even though it was totally harmless.

My comments were intended to be more protective that accusatory. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    some dude lunges at me and shoves a soda can right into my face and screams "WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY A PEPSI MAX???"

No sooner than those words left his mouth, I politely asked to him if he would like to try a .45 ACP.

:rockwoot:
    360, being new to Ingo, I've been reading post after post and thread after thread and your description of the 'incendent at walmart' had me in stitches!!!
    I would rep you if I could figure out how!!!

HUGE KUDOS I loved the "have you tried a .45 ACP" line

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    :rockwoot:
    360, being new to Ingo, I've been reading post after post and thread after thread and your description of the 'incendent at walmart' had me in stitches!!!
    I would rep you if I could figure out how!!!

HUGE KUDOS I loved the "have you tried a .45 ACP" line

click on this icon on his post

and then do it on mine too :D

ranger2k

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Franklin
    They do the "bus ins" at Purdue too. I've got a kid up there. They do it at the start of every school year, mostly for the kids that are on campus with no personal transportation. They have a Wal-Mart night, Target night, Best Buy etc. They load up bus after bus of kids and hope to snag some of their money before the books and beer consume it all :)

Top Bottom