Your Avatar...lmao. Oh My Goodness. :n00b:

:):

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    wow read all of that and great with details . dont like to read and you kept me reading kutos. and i am way amazed the posts for that i was just scrolling down and down and down waiting to see if you would talk"expecting about what you did" and Bang!!! your good real good man lol ... rep for you

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I don't think it was so much about my appearance as much as it was about what I said to the Pepsi guy.
    I was wearing Birks, cargo shorts, and a bacon t-shirt. Pretty low-key.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    "As I cleared the automatic doors (which were locked open for this "event", some dude lunges at me and shoves a soda can right into my face and screams "WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY A PEPSI MAX???"

No sooner than those words left his mouth, I politely asked to him if he would like to try a .45 ACP."

Screw it, I'll be the dissenting opinion. Sounds like you got off easy for being a bit of a jerk in a situation you know happens every year and is a staple in your town. You may not have known it was Friday Night Madness, but as soon as you realized it, you could have adapted a little better.

You sound like the people over on 16th & Georgetown who complain about the 500 and Brickyard every year. If you don't like it, why don't you leave?

Bottom line, I'm glad the officer was not of the typical B-Town mentality and laughed it off. Otherwise, you would be explaining to a DA why you threatened to shoot a guy for offering you a Pepsi!

In no way is this a flame, but please think before you do something like that again. You know the press would love to print the story of a "Bloomington man threatening to shoot a crowd of students while visiting the Wal Mart."

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    "As I cleared the automatic doors (which were locked open for this "event", some dude lunges at me and shoves a soda can right into my face and screams "WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY A PEPSI MAX???"

No sooner than those words left his mouth, I politely asked to him if he would like to try a .45 ACP."

Screw it, I'll be the dissenting opinion. Sounds like you got off easy for being a bit of a jerk in a situation you know happens every year and is a staple in your town. You may not have known it was Friday Night Madness, but as soon as you realized it, you could have adapted a little better.

You sound like the people over on 16th & Georgetown who complain about the 500 and Brickyard every year. If you don't like it, why don't you leave?

This is kind of my opinion on the matter also, but (surprisingly) not as harsh. What you said was kind of funny, but you never really know who you're talking to when you spout off things like that. Obviously he felt somewhat threatened (or just angry about being outwitted) and said something to the police in the store. It's amazing what a couple of harmless words will get you into sometimes.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009

Bottom line, I'm glad the officer was not of the typical B-Town mentality and laughed it off. Otherwise, you would be explaining to a DA why you threatened to shoot a guy for offering you a Pepsi!

In no way is this a flame, but please think before you do something like that again. You know the press would love to print the story of a "Bloomington man threatening to shoot a crowd of students while visiting the Wal Mart."
    Is this my wife?

Dude, I have lived here almost 40 years, and I have NEVER seen a "student bus-in" at Wal-Mart, nor have I EVER seen a carnival type atmosphere there. (insert jokes here). The Wal-Mart is nowhere NEAR campus, and not really a shopping destination for most students, because of it's location.

I AM however, very familiar with student move-in/out. I deal with them every year, on a personal level.

Unless you are being facetious about the Bloomington rag, I didn't threaten to shoot a bunch of students. I merely suggested a "different flavor" to the Pepsi guy in sarcastic, frustrated fashion. It is very clear in my detailed synapsis of events above. Even though my story is a bit long winded, the whole exit event with the Pepsi guy that led to the confrontation in the parking lot took a whole 10 seconds. I know you don't know me, but I didn't nothing out of character.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    What you said was kind of funny, but you never really know who you're talking to when you spout off things like that. Obviously he felt somewhat threatened (or just angry about being outwitted) and said something to the police in the store. It's amazing what a couple of harmless words will get you into sometimes.
    Pretty much sums it up right here.

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    This is kind of my opinion on the matter also, but (surprisingly) not as harsh. What you said was kind of funny, but you never really know who you're talking to when you spout off things like that. Obviously he felt somewhat threatened (or just angry about being outwitted) and said something to the police in the store. It's amazing what a couple of harmless words will get you into sometimes.

Wrong, he was just pissed you didn't take the Pepsi!:laugh:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I seem to be a glutton for punishment sometimes.

I had a post on ARFCOM a year or two ago about an episode I was involved in at Indianapolis Airport. It seems to be lost in the archives, and I cannot find it. If anyone has access to it, and wishes to search it out, it would be keywords 360, airport, southwest, tampa I think.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I seem to be a glutton for punishment sometimes.

I had a post on ARFCOM a year or two ago about an episode I was involved in at Indianapolis Airport. It seems to be lost in the archives, and I cannot find it. If anyone has access to it, and wishes to search it out, it would be keywords 360, airport, southwest, tampa I think.
    Well...
    Your Odyssey didn't have the drama that I expected but it was worth the wait. ;)
    Mike

Top Bottom