Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Am I being detained, am I free to go? Repeat

HOLY CRAP ON A LOAF OF MANNAH

I used this line about 25 times.

You guys are #$@%ed up. :D

My thread is already 5+ pages long and I didn't even tell you why.

I'll try to condense it.

I went to Walmart to buy Coke Zero, and to try to find Wizard of Oz on BluRay, (which I did both)

Unbeknownst to me, tonight was IU Student night beginning approximately 10pm-3am. I was told by a on duty officer in the store which I talked to at the ammo counter that they are bussing in students all night from campus, and his presence, amongst others, were there to keep peace during this whole process.

I kid you not, the entire store was set up like a carnival. They had different themes of Cornhole set up at random places, they had one of those giant inflatable jumping tents in the middle of the store, they had a padded ring with the padded suits you put on to beat one another with giant Q-Tips, they had Rock Band set up on a 50ft tall projection monitor, hooked up to a high-end PA system...you get the picture. About all they didn't have was a roller coaster, and a shooting gallery.

So, I cart my load of ten 6-packs of 24oz Coke Zeros, 4 packages of Double Stuffed Oreos, several Blu-Ray discs of The Patriot, Full Metal Jacket, a DVD of E.T. and Wizard Of Oz, a Lori Berkner cd of stupid songs my 2 year old likes, for the car (an endless misery) and proceeded to check-out.

The place is a frigging madhouse. I avoided the ol grey haired lady with bobby pins (those of you who shop at this store know who I'm talking about), and picked the shortest checkout I could find. Whole check-out process took about 10 minutes from line entry to line exit. As I was going out the door, there was a gaggle of suits standing in the entry greeting people as they came and went. I told them how ridiculous I found it all to be to cater to the bumbling bozos that move in and out every 9 months, and breezed right on by.

Here's where it gets good.

As I was trying to exit the store, literally a mob of about 50 kids stormed the exit trying to get into the store. I literally yelled and pointed to the overhead sign that it was an EXIT not an entrance, and the first thing they should do when they start school is to learn to read. I was heckled by one of them, but paid no attention and charged my way right on through the mob with my Cart-o-Coke. As I cleared the automatic doors (which were locked open for this "event", some dude lunges at me and shoves a soda can right into my face and screams "WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY A PEPSI MAX???"

No sooner than those words left his mouth, I politely asked to him if he would like to try a .45 ACP.

I then told him he might want to think twice about his marketing strategy, that he could end up getting hurt by someone, and peddling Pepsi is no way to go.

All of this happened as I was moving out the door of the store.

I kept on motoring to my car, which was parked about 100 yds from the store, and began loading my wares.

Then I was surrounded, and told to step away from my car.

I told them I paid for my stuff, that they had the wrong person, but that didn't satisfy them.

I had cops, security guards, store managers, suits, you name it, all convening on my exit strategy.

They asked my if I was carrying a weapon, and I advised them that I had one in the car, but not on my person. They asked for my ID, called me in, and told me to sit down for a bit.

I then began asking if I was under arrest, or being detained. Over and Over.

One guy said for me to just hold on and keep my mouth shut. I told him he should pick a different career, because his wasn't one to brag about. Then a cop told me to settle down. I could not have been any more calm, although I was perturbed. I told him if he thought I was acting out of line, then I wondered what they thought about resistors.

I asked again, this time a little louder if I was under arrest or being detained.

Another cop came over and asked me if I threatened the Pepsi guy. I told him what happened, and he laughed, and walked back over to his cronies.

At this time, I was sitting in my car as they were figuring out what was going on, and that's when I quickly typed this thread.

A few minutes later, they brought my license back, and told me they would deal with the Pepsi guy, the management, and told me to have a nice evening.

I thanked them for being cool about it, when the Wally World police were freaking out thinking the second coming had just taken place, hopped in my car, backed up, rolled my window down, gave the Pepsi guy and the WalMart suits the double barrel salute, and drove away.

I'm still fired up about it.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    43 posts, I never even told you what was going on, and a two star rating.

Classic.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    HOLY ****! I can't say I'm surprised! Bloomington + beginning of college + Walmart + Walmart "security" = PAIN IN THE ASS!

+1 to you for how you handled it. I'd definitely still be fired up.

Top Bottom