I'm in love with my new Keltec and I don't care who knows it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I have hda a P11 for awhile now, but its just a hair too big for me to pack around in the summer and be comfortable with. So I did some wheeling and dealing and ended up with a new P32, and I love this little gun. I thought about a Pa3t but I decided to be a little different, and I like the control over the .32 auto that I can get versus the little .380. I've got a lefty pocket clip for it, and now I'm good to go. Instant new best friend.

One thing that I've heard hear and there is that a round as small as this won't get good penetration, or does not have the speed to make hollowpoints effective. :dunno: Is this true? What ammo does anybody recommend for everyday carry?

Also, Who's got a P32? Any tips? pointers? Things I don't know about? Thanks

Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I had a p32 a few years ago- wish I would have kept it (how many times have we all heard that?).

On the subject of penetration... This is a good question. I hope that someone may have some real data on it. In the meantime I will defer to my default statement: I am not volunteering to take a round from the gun to find out. It's no bear stopper, but I think .32 will make someone take a while to think about it. My two pennies anyhow.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Kel Tech

I've been considering the 32 for a while now as a dog walking carry along. I wear cargo shorts and don't wanna OC in my neighborhood. My .22 semi is metal and about 1 and 1/4 lbs, making it just a bit heavy for my pocket.

I may check the Tippecanoe fairgrounds this weekend to see if anyone has one of these on their table.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    hollow points

I have more issues with hollow points in general, regardless of caliber. Would you consider your P32 a true pocket gun? Like almost forget it's there, comfort wise?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    At less than seven ounces empty - it's a "set it and forget it" gun.
    In .32ACP i see no benefit in high dollar hollowpoints. Heck I don't even buy them for my .380. In a situation where I need to stop a bg with a pocket pistol, i'm pulling the trigger till its empty anyway.

I carry HP's in my 9mm's - not for their percieved "stopping power" but rather that they expand and are less likely to overpenetrate and hurt someone innocent.

bmwdud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    fort wayne
    i also have a Keltect p11 . like you i wanted something smaller for the summer so i got the 3at.
    i love them both.
    as far as what bullets to use i have taken and old phone book an soaked it in water over night and use that as the BG
    then compare the tests your self :ingo:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    MAde in florida USA. Not perfectly fitted but useable, hard to get back together when disassembled, mag seems to catch on the mag release stop when changing out mag. Other than that nearly prefect for what is it made for carrying it around.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Thanks for the input on the 32, I'm heading over to the fairgrounds this morning to check it out. They are around 250 new and I'll be looking for a deal on one. :)

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    We have a pair of P32s that my wife and I bought as his and hers 20th anniversary gifts. I really like them. I will not sell them, no way.

For data on tests of hollow points versus FMJ, see the goldenloki site. Google it and you should find it. He did considerable tests in ballistic gelatin. There is one HP round that will expand reliably.

I carry FMJ in mine. As did the OP, I did not want the P3AT, I wanted to be different and I already had a .380 (Beretta 84, very cool).

I think you will continue to really like this gun.

Terry

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I've started carrying around a P250 during the summer months because I wanted something with more rounds than my usual summer carry. A nice holster can make a world of a difference... you may have to drop 80 bucks, but it is worth it.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I just got a P3AT this morning. I used to have one and loved it. Its perfect for pocket carry and deep concealment when necessary. Hope to put some rounds through it this weekend.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I carried a P-32 for years, even after the P3AT was released. When the LCP came out I decided to try out the .380 cartridge and have stuck with in since. I think the P-32 is a great BUG though, congrats.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    YES. It IS a set and forget it gun. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten that I had mine in my pocket. Very thin, very light, and dependable. What more do you want in a pocketgun?

Ha! That's funny. I was just getting undressed for a nap and I'd forgotten that I'd thrown my P3AT in my pocket this morning in anticipation of walking around a little festival we went to. They DO conceal well.

Last edited:

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    You should check the hammer stop and get a new one from KT if it is the old style. If you let the trigger reset to the first click, and then pull the trigger again, the hammer should not fall and the trigger should not be able to go back. If it does, you have the old part and may want to replace it.

I carry Winchester flat point FMJ in mine. I prefer the P32 as it is very controllable, and the last round hold-open. I don't think you gave up anything to the 3AT or the Little Copied Pistol (LCP). I just picked up a Sub 2000, and I am impressed with the quality of Kel-Tecs. They aren't the best finished, but the parts seem to be well made and solid.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I have more issues with hollow points in general, regardless of caliber. Would you consider your P32 a true pocket gun? Like almost forget it's there, comfort wise?

I definitely would, but I also used to pocket carry my P11, so this is like night and day. With the belt clip, It looks just like you have a knife in your pocket, and its at the top of your pocket so it draws out fairly snappy.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    I don't think you can go wrong with the little KelTecs, the .32 or the 380 (I have the P3at). Put a couple hundred rounds through it to test function and get used to it. Don't forget to take whatever ammo you are going to carry in it to the range also.
    Note: I get to range quite a bit in the summer and I usually try to empty at least one mag of round nose out of my carry guns, it will help keep you on top of your game.

Top Bottom