I'm in love with my new Keltec and I don't care who knows it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    The link for GoldenLoki's 32 acp tests is here:

GoldenLoki.com

The Cor-Bon 60 Gr, the Federal Hyda Shok 65 gr and the Speer Gold Dot were the only HP rounds that consistently expanded. However, the Cor Bon had the highest velocity and the most foot pounds of energy, so that would be my choice (assuming it works in the gun). Note that the cor-bon had less penetration than the other 2, but that is likely because they expanded more.

A couple of the FMJ rounds showed higher energy, but they did not expand and penetrated like crazy, which likely transfers less of the energy to the target. Ultimately, what puts a target on the ground is transfer of energy and if you can find a HP round that will expand reliably and have high energy to transfer to the target, you should carry that.

Anyway, that is my take.....

Good review here fyi:

Kel-Tyke: A Review of the Kel-Tec P32

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    My brother let me shoot his P32 and I really wanted to like it but it's just too small and disappears in my hand. I could never find a comfortable or effective grip with it and didn't have any accuracy. I do love my PF9 but on rare occasions it can feel a bit big in my pocket so I'm considering getting a pocket .380 also.

Hookfish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I went to a local gun shop to buy the P3AT to use as my everyday conceal carry, but actually walked out with the P11. While the P11 is definitely larger and slightly harder to conceal, it is a great gun and I could get a better grip on the gun. I feel more comfortable with the 9mm and believe it is a subjective to each individual.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I carried a P-32 for years, always loaded with CorBon. I would change out the ammo about every six months. Last time I did so I just pulled it out of my pocket and started shooting. The cloud of pocket lint that exploded out of the gun was very impressive but the little P-32 never missed a step. My P-32 never had a single malfunction but I was never comfortable with the caliber and now use a Kel-Tec PF-9 for a pocket gun.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I use the PF9 as a daily carry, but I would not consider it a pocket gun. I'd actually like to have the P32 as a bug or for when I need to dress up in some situations. (anytime I wear slim or tighter clothing the PF-9 is harder to conceal comfortably)

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I drank the KoolAid and picked up a P3AT today. It is everything I hoped it would be, the most comfortable gun I've ever carried. Thanks for the input everyone, it helped me in the process.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Thank you gentlemen, turns out that my lil KelTec gave me some peace of mind this evening.

My 13 yr old and I are out to walk our ankle biter dogs and about halfway through, a large 80 pound shepard mix comes out of a garage untethered and has us in his sights. Head down, ears back, tail straight out behind him, I've seen that look before. The owner yells out, "Charlie, get back here!" He yells once more "CHARLIE!"

By this time, the dog has crossed the street and is within a couple feet of us, I step in between the dog and my daughter and he is eyeballing my dogs and me. The owner says, "Don't worry he's a friendly dog, he might eat you though" The problem with this statement is the dog's owner didn't smile, I could see a concerned look on his face as he hurried across the street.

The dog's owner once again says " Don't worry, he probably won't eat you, he's pretty friendly" again, no smile.....

I start to get a familiar metallic taste in my mouth.

Upon hearing the dog probably won't eat us, I reply, "Sir, I know that's not going to happen. Please get your dog and we'll be on our way"

The dog never wags his tail, the dog owner looks at me strangely and I return a deadpan look. Untethered, large dogs in a neighborhood filled with kids, hits a nerve deep within my psyche. That being said,

All is well, there was no further incident and we enjoyed the rest of a long, hot walk throughout the neighborhood.

The primary reason I wanted this BUG was to slip in my pocket for walking the dogs and it certainly made me feel better about today's exchange, KNOWING, that I have the ability to protect my family.

God Bless the USA and our 2nd amendment rights.

Semper Fi

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Pocket pistols may not hold the most powerful calibers on the market, but they will always be with you. Which is better then a 45 in the safe. Glad your ok.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    If a pocket pistol in a smaller caliber is all you are willing to carry then it is better than the 45 in the safe. Of course the 45 you carry every time you leave the house is better still... :D .

When I had my P-32 it was used as a BUG...often as a BUG's BUG, never as a primary. I know some feel safe with a small caliber gun that is hard to draw and deploy, I don't. The P-32 is a good firearm, very reliable. But I have more faith in the 9mm in my PF-9 to stop things that want to hurt me and mine.

I am glad your dog encounter turned out well.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I'm hoping to trade for a P-11 this weekend, if all works out, have a PT-111, but have lusted over the Kel-tec since I first held/saw one!! wish me luck on the trade

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Traded!! I'm the proud owner of a P-11...thanks Keith, nice to meet you and trade! hoping to shoot it this weekend, have to check with the finance dept......

Top Bottom