Illegal to play live music in Indiana without a permit from IN Homeland Security

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How is that possible? There are laws against this. And government inspectors.

Not possible.

They should require DOT inspectors in all auto manufacturers. The line workers might forget to install brakes or even an engine.

While we're at it, lets require quarterly vehicle inspections for all vehicles on the road. Drivers cut corners on proper vehicle maintenance. We can't have their missiles careening down the road hitting mini vans with baby on board signs.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thanks for posting the video from Mr. Martin, ram. That helps a lot.

Bureaucratic Creep, attempting to expand the definition of the statute a la DNR, or any other governmental agency.

I hope the ALJ puts the smackdown on them, if not off to Circuit Court.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    They should require DOT inspectors in all auto manufacturers. The line workers might forget to install brakes or even an engine.

While we're at it, lets require quarterly vehicle inspections for all vehicles on the road. Drivers cut corners on proper vehicle maintenance. We can't have their missiles careening down the road hitting mini vans with baby on board signs.

You do not have the right to a beautiful car accident.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Should firearms be inspected before they are carried in public? What about holsters? They can be dangerous when people are irresponsible with them. And perhaps some mental examinations would be in order for license holders. And, of course, a background check. I believe in liberty, but I expect to be able to walk around in public with confidence that dangerous people aren't carrying firearms.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Should firearms be inspected before they are carried in public? What about holsters? They can be dangerous when people are irresponsible with them. And perhaps some mental examinations would be in order for license holders. And, of course, a background check. I believe in liberty, but I expect to be able to walk around in public with confidence that dangerous people aren't carrying firearms.

The free market has been a miserable failure at stopping irresponsible gun owners.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They are back for some of us on INGO.

Talk to the General Assembly if you desire to reimpose them statewide. It is certainly constitutional but policy is another matter.

I figured you'd be leading the charge on this grave public danger. You can't endanger others with your jalopywookiesmith.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I figured you'd be leading the charge on this grave public danger. You can't endanger others with your jalopywookiesmith.

Endanger the public? You mean like this tonight while you were typing:

3 killed in Indianapolis camp bus crash, officials say | Fox News

I wonder if inspections will be an issue in the litigation? Cheer up, horn, you have some blood on the highway for your reinstituting the state auto inspection push!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wonder if anyone associated with the bus crash in Indianapolis tonight will say anything about the owners of the bus having a duty of care?

Yes. You leave. If the venue falsely advertised the number of people that would be in attendance, you have a legitimate claim to get your money back.

Maybe the passengers will get their money back? Despite their open and obvious neglect to inspect the bus before getting on it.

Well, maybe in the insurance company lawyers are lucky there will be an INGO-heavy jury pool.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm not cheerful for any tradgedies occurring on the roads. Just pointing out your selective pro regulation bent.

Some regulations make sense, others do not. Some make sense to protect our rights, some do not. Some are better served via private contract, some are better served by affecting the culture of society.

Regulations on property are not per se unconstitutional (may be takings, may be arbitrary and capricious, inter alia).

However, one thing is very clear, the rule of law insists on a duty of care and one does have a duty to others. To deny so is to enter the world of science fiction and the rule of man, a dangerous and tyrannical place to be.

Top Bottom