Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Illinois House passes a bill

-Gov does not like it
    -Rham does not like it
    -Jesse ""
    -Flager ""

Senate has NOT passed it yet

Plus there are a lot of other control freak politicians and other influential anti-American low life liberals in play. I expect the Chicago regime to do some crooked maneuvering. I can only wish the best for the good folks from Illinois but this is too much like "RIGHT" and I have to see to believe when it comes to this one. I expect some sneaky trick to emerge soon. Just an opinion, hope I'm wrong.

So basically - you can carry if you go out side, but if you are going to go TO ANYWHERE to do ANYTHING (fun,eat,etc) - you're still prohibited. You pay lots of money for a 'right' that you cannot effectively use after you pay extra for it.

Or - wouldn't it be a shorter list to say where you CAN carry legally?

LOL (sorry it really isn't sarcasm)

well it is IL did you really expect them to bring a pro-2a bill? :dunno:
    but you do sum it up very well.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Bars (more than 50% of its gross receipts from the sale of liquor)

How the hell are you supposed to know what any particular establishment does in liquor sales as a portion of their business? Good grief.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    How the hell are you supposed to know what any particular establishment does in liquor sales as a portion of their business? Good grief.

you are **NOT** and thus when you walk into a gfz bar and the popo is called they can arrest you, make you a felon, and byebye 2A.

but not to worry i'm sure 99% of bars will put that magic no guns signs which carries the weight of law and make themselves gfz anyways.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    CONCLUSION: Illinois still sucks.

I'm surprised it took that long for this specific thread to come to this conclusion.

I think that the existing FOID would become the defacto license at that point. You have to have one to own a gun, so without it you would still be breaking the law carrying(having) a gun without one. That is far short of constitutional carry.

Another thing to consider, if the state doesn't pass a law like the proposed one each local government will be free to pass whatever laws they wish to control guns in their area. Seems to me, that Chicago may want this to happen if they cannot force their will on the whole state.

I think the catch on that would be, through the proper channels anyway, Constitutional carry would mean that being stopped for carrying a gun would be a no-go in terms of reasoning for a stop. Carrying a gun would not be illegal, therefore stopping someone for carrying a gun would be an illegal stop. This, of course, would have to go through the Judicial system as far as it needed to go to become case law, and thus law of the land. :D

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Stephen, there is already case law for that. You cannot use OC as RAS when it is legal without a permit. If it was pushed I'm sure the FOID card would be found unconstitutional as well.

Yeah, my comment was directed about the legalities of being stopped by a LEO for open carrying during Constitutional carry without an FOID. I know that the 4th district, I believe that's who it was, made that ruling, but if someone in IL used that ruling as justification for an appeal and went up the ladder to the Supreme Court, then the FOID would have an official ruling on the constitutionality.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not surprising either. I ride the train into Chicago every day. Doesn't look like anything will be changing as regards carry during my daily routine any time soon.

oooohhhh here i was hoping on a Friday of a weekend holiday to do a 9-1-1 call of a MWG and make sure all the commuters did not get home on time. :rofl:;)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    oooohhhh here i was hoping on a Friday of a weekend holiday to do a 9-1-1 call of a MWG and make sure all the commuters did not get home on time. :rofl:;)

Yep! That would slow a whole bunch of people down for sure . :D Of course, seeing as you're on the same train, hope you didn't make other plans. :laugh:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I for one may apply for nonresident. I have friends and family that still live over the border. Worth not risking my 2a rights, professional licenses, and financial well being for a couple hundred bucks.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    In all seriousness, even if they allow firearm carry in IL...I'm willing to bet LEO's in IL will harass everybody into not carrying.

Top Bottom