If you were to buy a used 4WD vehicle... what would it be?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I went from a 04 GTO to a 00 Cherokee. And the cherokee is more of a money pit than the GTO. Nothing has gone wrong mechanically with the jeep that was not my fault yet.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    OHHHHHH I want a newer (04-08) Ford F 250 or 350 Single wheel base Crew Cab Stealth Grey or Black With a BIG OL DIESEL Chrome Accys Step bars a Lift Kit and some big tires That a way my SHTF kit is mobile rolling and can drive ride or crush anything it needs to go over :rockwoot: My newly wed wife says Diesel fumes make her H*&^Y:rockwoot: Something to keep in mind once the cake kicks in LMAO:laugh:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    :+1: I have 130K miles on my 2000 Cherokee and have done nothing but replace brakes, radiator hoses, tires and oil changes. I figure it's not even half way through it's lifespan. Not a speck of rust and it doesn't use a drop of oil. The in-line 6 is a beast. :yesway:

do you have the warped brake problem on yours? and what type of oil do you use? I use full synthetic and a zinc additive(it helps the flat tappet lifters). just curious as oil is a hot button issue between jeepers.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    do you have the warped brake problem on yours? and what type of oil do you use? I use full synthetic and a zinc additive(it helps the flat tappet lifters). just curious as oil is a hot button issue between jeepers.
    No problems with the rotors...knock on wood. I generally try to use Quaker State oil but I've used synthetic a few time when it's on sale. I figure I'll switch to a high mileage blend around...ohhh...250K or so. :D

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    OHHHHHH I want a newer (04-08) Ford F 250 or 350 Single wheel base Crew Cab Stealth Grey or Black With a BIG OL DIESEL Chrome Accys Step bars a Lift Kit and some big tires That a way my SHTF kit is mobile rolling and can drive ride or crush anything it needs to go over :rockwoot: My newly wed wife says Diesel fumes make her H*&^Y:rockwoot: Something to keep in mind once the cake kicks in LMAO:laugh:
    Tell her this is stylish. :):

gas%20mask.jpg

DestructionDan

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    IN KY
    Might be able to slide into a 10-year old Jeep of some kind. The Cherokees 4wd system is pretty good.

It's all the OTHER stuff on the vehicle that'll give you fits.

Good luck searching!

-J-
    Yep Jeep all the way I have had my Cherokee for 7 years now & never done anything to it. About time for some tires but....

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Paid 7500 for my 06 trailblazer have not had any actual repairs, just modifications and it runs better and drives way better than any Cherokee, even Grand Cherokee. You can start finding them for around 5,000 if you look

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I think thats a matter of opinion more than anything.

It is but but owning all three at one point and driving 4 or 5 cherokees and 7 or 8 Grands over the years helped me realize that. My straight six with a pcm tune runs better than my Uncles grand w a Hemi. Not quite the torque but quicker.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    so which model and years are the ones built like a rock? my father-in-law was saying something about the CJ series, but what do you guys have? i want to narrow down my search as much as possible.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    so which model and years are the ones built like a rock? my father-in-law was saying something about the CJ series, but what do you guys have? i want to narrow down my search as much as possible.
    A CJ would be great if it's just one or two people. The Grand Cherokee is too...fancy for me...but a damn nice vehicle. Cherokee Sport...all the way. :yesway: :twocents:

BC207A.jpg

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I saw a very nicely maintained 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport w/4.0 litre six cylinder locally for around 4500 bucks. It has low miles (for the year), excellent body, cd player, 4 wheel drive (is that even an option?). It would be a great car for if and when we have rugrats. I want a Wrangler so bad I can't stand it but I will have to wait.

Top Bottom