If you criticize a black person you are racist.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've always been known as a Sexist with Racist tendencies.

Who doesn't enjoy Sex while watching NASCAR? :dunno:

What was this thread about again?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wasn't Dick Lugar a Rhodes Scholar?

I don't remember. That antique's biography was aired publicly so long ago as to effectively be before my time. The last time it would have come up for discussion when he entered the Senate, I was three years old.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No mine is racial, what the congressman said is racist...I have nothing to hide...I am sick of every time an accomplished black person does not like what someone is saying about them it becomes a racist issue. I am not a racist, but crap like this is dividing our country...I have a black friend who I have been good friends with for 30 years...
    our kids grew up across the street from each other, we have shared alot...but when she posted a Photoshop picture of MLK reaching out shaking Obama's hand...I told her exactly what I thought ...that MLK knew what the dems were doing to blacks...that he was a republican and he would most likely smack him in the face than shake his hand considering he has set race relations back 50 years.

It works both ways. And while agree that jackass in the vid was just trying to "stir the pot," that type of thinking is not unique to blacks. If a person gets called out on something that may be stereotypical or insensitive, the first thing a white person say is, "Are you calling me a racist!!!???" Using stereotypes or being insensitive, while sometimes inflammatory, aren't racist.

Civil discourse can do without it. It has nothing to do with being PC. Black people mow down on watermelon and chicken, Mexicans are burrito eaters, white people live in trailers, love L. Welk, and can't dance, the lists are endless, and while humorous to some, others have issue with it. People should recognize this. People rail about being "PC," but everyone subscribes to it, it's called "tact." "Tact" is what keeps you from getting punched in the face, when a person thinks better of using their internet persona, when deciding on whether or not to ask a Chinese person if their dad was a samurai.

Find me a person speaks their mind all they time, to any and everybody, and I'll show you a guy who is not un-accostumed to having their %&$# whupped.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The point of separation is that tact is handling the truth delicately. Policital Correctness is the abandonment of the truth, particularly when it is difficult to address tactfully.

I should also add that element of political correctness that decress not only that that truth be abandoned, but acknowledging any such truth is forbidden in preference for the more palatable fiction.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The point of separation is that tact is handling the truth delicately. Policital Correctness is the abandonment of the truth, particularly when it is difficult to address tactfully.

I should also add that element of political correctness that decress not only that that truth be abandoned, but acknowledging any such truth is forbidden in preference for the more palatable fiction.

Twice in one day, who would have thunk. :rockwoot:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The president is an a**hole. I am not racist. I am just prejudice against stupid people, especially when they screw it up for all of America. Color me bad.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Yep, there is a reason JC Watts got out of politics, and I bet it wasn't just to spend more time with his family. He was a smart, intelligent black man that didn't follow the status quo and he decided it was time to get out while there was still a chance people might forget about him. God, I miss that man.

I had to look up who JC watts was...I realized I had read about him before...and I agree he did get out in time...if not his kids would be asking why he being called an Uncle Tom.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I always find it best to walk them through it and make them think.

First, I ask them to define racism. It is a rare individual that can do that. Then I ask them to define race. Almost none of them can do that, either. After that, I ask them how many races, humans can be categorized into. By now, they have blank looks. I continue to grill them further, until they either have nowhere to go with their ridiculous argument or a lightbulb goes off in their head.

And I thought I was the only one that did this.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    :rolleyes:

I'm sure that there are a few people that could have abused it, but to call all Rhodes Scholars draft dodgers is ridiculous. It's an honor to be bestowed upon some of the best and brightest our country has to offer.

Correct. However, when you say, "I thought Rhodes Scholar was the same as a draft dodger," or however it was phrased, IS calling them draft dogers; not even in a backhanded manner.

Here's one Rhodes scholar who did not dodge the draft.

Mel Reynolds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reynolds initially denied the charges, which he claimed were racially motivated.

Top Bottom