If you could only have one gun for the rest of your life, what make and model wo

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • destokes71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Hanover
    I would have to keep my Ruger 10/22 for ease of use for other members of my family. Ammo availabilty and being able to take most Indiana game are also other factors.

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    I'll take a 4" smith 44 magnum. Its big enough to get me out of any situation with 2 legged or 4 legged problems and still small enough to pack around.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I would take something big enough to enable me to procure the rest of what I needed.

An M134 comes to mind.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    There's a couple I'd consider.

Rem 870 or Mossy 500 - they do it all

AK or AR platforms - they do it all but with more accessories.

Henry .22lr or Ruger 10/22 - they do it all but quieter

S&W 686 or Ruger gp100 - does it all but fits on your belt.

Of that list I'd have to pick the gp100/686. I've spent a lot more time with handguns and am personally much more comfortable with an iron sighted wheel gun than an electronically sighted rifle

Last edited:

Icejon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    If I could only have one gun it would be a IMI Jericho full size in .40 S&W with Spike Spiegels laser grip sights. I've owned two Jerichos, but none of them were the full size models.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Tough call.

A 12 gauge shotgun offers the ability to take wild game from 1-150yds or more with right ammo, barrel selection. Not to mention SD in close quarters and at a distance.

AK or AR variant offers substantial SD stopping power and game killing. Too much power on small animals. Accessories and options basically unlimited.

.22- able to carry thousands of rounds easily. Cheap. Able to take small game and even large game with well places shot. Works in SD environment but not prefered.

Of those I choose 12 gauge shotgun. If it was a handgun I choose my G17 or a .357/.38 revolver.

Top Bottom