If you could only have one gun for the rest of your life, what make and model wo

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Mossberg 500 or Remington 870

I would have to choose a good pump action shotgun. Maybe a Rem model 870 chambered in 12 gage. You can outfit them with tons of goodies, and as stated before they can perform many functions well. A slug will drop most deer and other large game if you can stalk to within range. Buckshot will drop most home invaders and birdshot will take down any small game at a reasonable distance. You can swap out the barrels for bird/slugs pretty easily,usually without any tools. Pistol grips and fore grips are cheaply had and easily swapped for stock furniture. They are durable, reliable and proven. My choice is a shotgun.

Both guns are built to last and can take a beating. Parts are plentiful. My only dilemma would be 12 or 20 gauge.

Dustzilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Indy
    If I don't have to carry it I would take a 120 mm L44 M256 smoothbore cannon from the Abrams.

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/Abrams_Pics/M1A1-Firing-svg-01.jpg

However, if I need to beable to carry it I would keep my XDM 3.8" compact .45. 10+1 rounds for carry and 13+1 for longer engagements. I understand the shotgun and rifle arguments, but I spend a lot of time away from my home and this pistol is much easier to carry everywhere.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    Mossberg 590A1

Mossberg-590A1_001.jpg

GarandTeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    I can't really speak of any guns that I haven't owned or at least shot, but if I had to keep one of my guns it would have to be the LWRC SPR.

Top Bottom