If the republican primary were today, who would you vote for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the republican primary were today, who gets your vote?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems to me Trump taps that "GET 'EM!" sort of revenge emotion of many. So many are tired of seeing folks flood over the border, some lower wages and some become burdens on the taxpayer and other commit violent crimes against US citizens. Other folks agree that Mexico and China are getting away with something when it comes to jobs. And others that are tired of political correctness, find his way of transmitting his statement refreshing.

I'll admit, that even though I think Trump is conveniently "conservative" and have serious doubts how deeply he believes what he says he does, there're parts of his message that scratch an itch or two for me.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    [video=youtube;T1wQrVNmo80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1wQrVNmo80[/video]

BECK: Do I have the right to own a semiautomatic weapon?

CARSON: It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it.

Yep saw that before. How out of touch is he on the subject and how many others?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rand Paul, with Carly Fiorina moving into 2nd place.

Oh, I do. It remembers me. In some posts I start gathering links and typing and and and...

By the time I'm ready: Log back in!

Doug

Well Doug, at least someone remembers you.

:joke:

Actually, subtract one (1) from Sen Rand Paul. I cannot vote in the Republican primary as I am not a republican.

To count my preference here would not be fair just as it would not be fair in the real primary voting.

I goofed.

Regards,

Doug

I think it's okay if you vote in the Republican primary. I see no ethical dilemma at all. But props for sticking to yours.

It's not my fault that Gov Christie didn't make it into the top ten (10) list, otherwise the choice would have been here.;)

Doug

:laugh:

Dude, I had no idea of the depths of your humor.

Seems to me Trump taps that "GET 'EM!" sort of revenge emotion of many. So many are tired of seeing folks flood over the border, some lower wages and some become burdens on the taxpayer and other commit violent crimes against US citizens. Other folks agree that Mexico and China are getting away with something when it comes to jobs. And others that are tired of political correctness, find his way of transmitting his statement refreshing.

I'll admit, that even though I think Trump is conveniently "conservative" and have serious doubts how deeply he believes what he says he does, there're parts of his message that scratch an itch or two for me.

I know what you mean. I like many of the things he says, and I sometimes have to remind myself how good he is at deception in closing the deal. He's already defined his politics back when he wasn't running for office as a Republican. Being who he is, it's going to take a lot more than his word that he's evolved when it benefits him so much to have "evolved".

embmtxatl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2015
    Hendricks County
    It bothers me that he (Kasich) feels the need to talk about God/religion, but when he does you're left with the feeling he just read the Cliff's Notes version of the subject. He does have some chops on the economy - President Cruz's Sec of Treasury?

Edited to clarify of whom I speak

That is a very true point. Huckabee has a strong God/religion stance but weak in other areas. I am glad to see Kasich come out and agree to go over there kick ISIS ass and come home. He said he didn't want to go over to rebuild anything just eliminate them.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Do what you want to do, but since the primary is not closed, I personally do not see an issue in voting in either party's primary....which I have done.

Well Sir a point of order, I am going to challenge you!:stickpoke:

Because I could be challenged at the voting booth, and upon this happening I would be required to make an oral or written affirmation or fill out an affidavit, I would more than likely be lying if I were to say I had voted for a majority of candidates of that party in the last election.

I am referring specifically to IC 3-10-1-9. Text following:

A voter in a precinct may challenge a voter or person who offers to vote at a primary election. The challenged person may not vote unless the challenged person:
    (1) is registered;
    (2) makes:
    (A) an oral or a written affirmation under IC 3-10-12; or
    (B) an affidavit:
    (i) that the challenged person is a voter of the precinct; or
    (ii) required under IC 3-10-11 if the voter declares that the voter is entitled to vote under IC 3-10-11; and
    (3) either:
    (A) at the last general election voted for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party for whose candidates the challenged person proposes to vote in the primary election and intends to vote for the regular nominees of the political party at the next general election; or
    (B) if the challenged person did not vote at the last general election, intends to vote at the next general election for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election.

While we are mostly "open", we are not 100% "open" as people often think.

As much as I could not tell the truth I would not do so.

My current voting paradigm has been in place for at least ten (10) years. Who I vote for is simple:

#1) I vote for any Libertarian Candidate;
    #1a) Unless I know them to be a jackass, in which case I;
    #1b) Vote against the incumbent and for another major party.

#2) Vote against every incumbent irregardless of party, unless;
    #2a) They are a first term House of Representative, in which case;
    #2b) I will always vote to give them four (4) years total, then revert to rule #2 and start voting against them.

#3) Vote to remove ALL judges, no matter what.

#4) After doing general research on candidates that fail to fit either rule #1 or rule #2 vote for the person closest to my views irregardless of party.

#5) If I don't know anything about the candidates vote Republican.

See how easy I am? For all of that I cannot claim to vote for either D or R. I normally wind up voting for more democrats simply because there are more incumbent republicans in office (see rule #2). However, if there has been a major issue like an olde candidate dropping out then I am back to rule #1. If we don't have a candidate then we go straight to rule #4 or #5, depending upon how much research I do.

Much of my reasoning came from the thought that no matter the party, it is the incumbents of ALL parties that gather more power to abuse. This is why I have voted against people I have kindof liked.

In all seriousness it would have been very easy to legitimately challenge me under IC 3-10-1-9 as I was for several years an active officer in the Libertarian party, both at the county level and later at the State level. It would have been very bad form to claim I was going to vote for a majority of another party.

Regards,

Doug

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I bet to differ Sir.

According to the Donner Party Food & Flavor Review Committee, we're all just long pork. Ergo - bacon! ;)

Doug

I don't know about Donner, but I fail to see how you are going to get bacon out of a ball of lard. That seems much like making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know about Donner, but I fail to see how you are going to get bacon out of a ball of lard. That seems much like making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Try to think positive Dave. Consider, I was once told that everyone has one (1) good trait, even though it might be hard to find.

So, if Christie has some bacon in there (may require MUCH searching), we've found our one (1) positive thing to say about him.

The rest is that it is bacon from New Jersey, so it's character isn't much to look at.:D

Regards,

Doug

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    People that picked Trump care about one single issue: Immigration. That's it. That's the only issue he's "Conservative" on, and even with that he has no plan or beliefs on how to do it.

On every other issue (guns, taxes, etc)... he's Liberal. So... you people would vote for Donald Trump on a single ambiguous issue, at the sacrifice of everything else?

The Breitbart/Limbaugh checks from Trump have cleared, and their campaign is definitely working to prop Trump up as a "viable" candidate.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    People that picked Trump care about one single issue: Immigration. That's it. That's the only issue he's "Conservative" on, and even with that he has no plan or beliefs on how to do it.

On every other issue (guns, taxes, etc)... he's Liberal. So... you people would vote for Donald Trump on a single ambiguous issue, at the sacrifice of everything else?

The Breitbart/Limbaugh checks from Trump have cleared, and their campaign is definitely working to prop Trump up as a "viable" candidate.

JMHO, and for me, Trump is a successful businessman, and he knows how to put people to WORK .....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    JMHO, and for me, Trump is a successful businessman, and he knows how to put people to WORK .....

I don't disagree. I think the country would do well to have a business-minded leader. I think it can be run much like a business. Trump is loud. He speaks loudly and confidently. Nothing wrong with that.

However.... his politics aren't Conservative. I'm not OK with that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Try to think positive Dave. Consider, I was once told that everyone has one (1) good trait, even though it might be hard to find.

So, if Christie has some bacon in there (may require MUCH searching), we've found our one (1) positive thing to say about him.

The rest is that it is bacon from New Jersey, so it's character isn't much to look at.:D

Regards,

Doug

OK, I concede. Christie apparently showers regularly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep saw that before. How out of touch is he on the subject and how many others?

He is sucking wind in my eyes.
    Dancing for booth sides. Typical politician fork toque speak.

He does not have the say so in what I own no matter where I live.

He just got ejected as a spent case.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He is sucking wind in my eyes.
    Dancing for booth sides. Typical politician fork toque speak.

He does not have the say so in what I own no matter where I live.

He just got ejected as a spent case.

Exactly. He can see himself to the curb since his lack of respect for rights makes him not worth the effort of kicking him there.

Top Bottom